hookah smokers

Started by grabow66, 11/03/2013 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grabow66

I am considering buying a hookah for me and my wife. Any geeks here into them? I really don't know what to look for when I buy one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

bmac7754

I would buy one with two hoses, just kidding.  I have been around people smoking them but have no knowledge of them.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Jackal

I have one. A basic model is fine. Try not to get one with a tiny basin, as you want a lot of cold water/ice to keep your smoke cool.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

gitfiddl

My wife would be pissed if she caught me paying for a hookah...

:shades:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Ken Kelley

When the wife and I were stationed in Izmir, Turkey there were any number of nice hookahs available in the Konak Pazaar. Unfortunately, since US Customs decided they were drug paraphernalia I couldn't ship one back to the states. I didn't smoke cigars or anything else at the time but I thought they were pretty cool. Some of them were really elaborate.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Ken Kelley

Quotegitfiddl - 11/3/2013  5:06 AM

So....would you spend over $2 on that hookah?  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

gitfiddl

QuoteKen Kelley - 11/3/2013  5:12 PM

Quotegitfiddl - 11/3/2013  5:06 AM

So....would you spend over $2 on that hookah?  :biggrin:

Only if she was purty, was really a woman, and had all her teeth.  My standards are a little higher than Bob's.  His main criteria is "Can you break a $5 bill?"
 :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

The Burn Ward

Look for a middle-eastern shop or a reputable hookah shop. I wouldn't pounce on that little Hookah that is currently being sold on the Monster. I considered getting a Hookah back when I was in college and from what I remember you're better off going with quality.   How to Buy a Hookah

Jackal

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 11/3/2013  3:52 PM

Look for a middle-eastern shop or a reputable hookah shop. I wouldn't pounce on that little Hookah that is currently being sold on the Monster. I considered getting a Hookah back when I was in college and from what I remember you're better off going with quality, so under $100 is a no go.   How to Buy a Hookah

Mine ran me around $70, and the quality is fine.  Talk to the guys at the local hookha shop.  Don't get a portable one, they are usually low quality.

The Burn Ward

I checked the link form the site I posted and they have quite a few under a $100 but they advise against getting something around $40. Good luck brother!

grabow66

I read a lot of great reviews and watched several videos on the MYA QT. It will be that or the MYA Chic

grabow66

Longhorn

Quotegrabow66 - 11/5/2013  7:21 PM

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1726-mya-qt-2-hose-hookah.html

This is what I bought

I don't think I want a Hookah with two hoses!    :-0    :biggrin:

vw77guy

I've only had one experience with a Hookah and it cost my friend $400!!!!  Inside joke, sorry guys.

tvolball

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

grabow66

Had my first hookah today, it was Romman Pomegranate. The wife loved it. The flavor was just way over the top for me. We had a blast.

Jackal

Good to see that you have a purging cap to put on when the second hose isn't in use.  Using two hoses can cause air flow issues if you are not used to them.

nwb

The last time I was near a hookah, there wasn't Romman Pomegranate burning in it. :smoker2:
Chief of Shaft

lubrix

Quotenwb - 11/7/2013  6:54 PM

The last time I was near a hookah, there wasn't Romman Pomegranate burning in it. :smoker2:
Hilarious!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Smurf

Quotegitfiddl - 11/3/2013  5:06 PM

:lmao:  :lmao:
orbis non sufficit

coalsnbowls

Quotegrabow66 - 11/3/2013  1:34 PM

I am considering buying a hookah for me and my wife. Any geeks here into them? I really don't know what to look for when I buy one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Not sure which one is best. I like the looks of the Carbine hookah, and for myself, I prefer a Regal hookah which I always purchase from https://coalsnbowls.com/collections/hookahs/.

The most common size for water pipes is 23-inches tall with an 8-inch diameter base and 36 ports (holes). Shorter or taller sizes (or variations) do exist, but these are less common because of mechanical issues caused by gravity. The width at the widest point varies depending on its use; smaller bowls allow more air per draw and larger bowls allow more smoke per draw.

Brlesq

Quotecoalsnbowls - 9/5/2021  8:53 AM

Quotegrabow66 - 11/3/2013  1:34 PM

Not sure which one is best. I like the looks of the Carbine hookah, and for myself, I prefer a Regal hookah which I always purchase from https://coalsnbowls.com/collections/hookahs/.

The most common size for water pipes is 23-inches tall with an 8-inch diameter base and 36 ports (holes). Shorter or taller sizes (or variations) do exist, but these are less common because of mechanical issues caused by gravity. The width at the widest point varies depending on its use; smaller bowls allow more air per draw and larger bowls allow more smoke per draw.

You always purchase one from YOURSELF?  Do you leave yourself "good buyer" AND "good seller" feedback, too?  :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

klamm143

My last HOOK'a went up in smoke - I think her motor Blow'd!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.