Small trade with the new guy...

Started by mike.casey, 11/04/2013 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

Kris (Machine646) posted a thread a couple of days back asking for someone to do a small trade. I offered to do a blind trade hoping to make his first geek trade experience a fun one.

Firstly I was very impressed that Kris responded to my PM asking for any tips/guidance on the proper way to conduct a geek trade. I noted that it would be good if he sent first, made sure to pack the box well, include a boveda if he had one, etc...

Not only did Kris hit me with a DC# the next day, pack the box extremely well, include a boveda the size of my palm, BUT he also seems to have the same problem the rest of us around here have. He cannot add. I asked for 5, and I got 7.

Kris, this is the last part (and some would say most important) of a successful trade... The picture.

photo IMG_20131104_203952_zps0fef7ed7.jpg

As you can see, I got smacked with a GH, couple fuentes, Gurkha, RyJ, VS, and a highly coveted Opus xXx 'Power Ranger' :thumbsup:

Thank you Kris! Your official welcome to geekdom will fly tomorrow. :biggrin:
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Longhorn

Well done, Kris!  Welcome to the wide world of Geek generosity!

biggsy16

Great job,sometimes not so easy with all you vets,well done
Never done being a Dad

kxthor911

Awesome man great first trade...what is the cigar on the very right?
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Longhorn

Quotekxthor911 - 11/4/2013  10:17 PM

Awesome man great first trade...what is the cigar on the very right?

That would be a Victor Sincalr 55 Series...

kxthor911

Cant wait to see the "five" pack that he gets in return.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

redjj

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."  Albert Einstein

The Burn Ward

Looks like he done pretty good. Can't wait to see what he gets.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Joelala

Joe

Vexxum

Great first trade. Curious to see his half. Hopefully i catch the post when he puts it up.

Brlesq

Good job, Kris.  You're going to fit in around here just fine!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kman

It seems another fine BOTL has joined our ranks. Congrats Kris!! Great way to introduce yourself
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

toby2

Mojo66

Well done indeed, can't wait to see what you get in return
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

mike.casey

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Machine646

Thanks everyone,Enjoy the sticks mike

nirab

and the awesomeness of cigar geeks continues to grow! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Longhorn

Quotemike.casey - 11/5/2013  10:08 AM

It's on the way!

Um, Kris... I gave you a little advice in the other thread.  I'm going to do so again:  Open your mailbox very slowly in the next few days and if you have kids, a significant other, pets, etc. keep them away from unopened boxes delivered to you home. :-0

This should be good... and fun!  :cigarman:

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

McBryde

Well, it looks like you will fit in nicely around here Kris. You already have graduated "Geek Math" class it looks like! Welcome to the site!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

mike.casey

QuoteMcBryde - 11/5/2013  12:59 PM

Well, it looks like you will fit in nicely around here Kris. You already have graduated "Geek Math" class it looks like! Welcome to the site!

E

He's still got one more lesson coming on geek math...

Ron White

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.