Virtual Humidor - Price and Quantity

Started by BP.CG, 11/05/2013 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP.CG

Hello fellow CGs-

I'm new to CG and I need some help! First off, the database is amazing and I love having a virtual humidor! And having the humidor linked to the database...super convenient!

Two questions:
1. When adding more than one cigar to my humidor, is it best to enter the total cost of the box or the cost per cigar?
Ex. Quantity: 25 - Amount Paid: $50 OR Quantity: 25 - Amount Paid: $2
2. (And the reason for my first question) Is there a feature or function somewhere on CG's website or iPad App that I can see the current total value of my humidor? (Which is why I need to enter the value properly - total value $50 or $1250)

I see that I can export to excel (again, super convenient!). In which case, I'm sure I can work all that stuff out there, but I would love to have that info at my fingertips within the app or website. If anyone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks!

Mojo66

If you have a minute, introduce yourself in the Newbie section of the forum.

But, in the meantime, welcome to CG.

I'd put single stick price and work all the rest in excel after extraction... but that is just me.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

jeffk42

Welcome!  Yes, I personally always use "per stick" pricing in the humidor.  The reason is because as you click that "smoke one" button to reduce the total you have in stock, the number will still be applicable.

I have 14 of stick X, costing $9.00 each

sounds better in my head than

I have 14 of stick X, which I bought in a box of 20 and the box cost me $180.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.