Newb looking to trade a few sticks

Started by bluetip84, 11/11/2013 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluetip84

Well I won a box of Cuban Stock Triumph Torpedoes from the great guys at the cigar station (thanks!) and would like to trade some. I am still very new to cigars so I would rather not have half of my humidor filled with one cigar when I am still in the try everything I can stage and have yet to try the same stick twice. I also realize that I am new to this site and have no credibility with you guys that I will come through on my end so here is what I am thinking. I will trade stick for stick as many as you want up to 10 for the same or greater (if you so chose) value and I will send you the cigars first. Once you receive them and verify that they are Cuban Stock Triumphs and in good condition you can send me the cigars in trade. I would understand if no one took my up on the offer because I am new but hopefully someone will jump in because this would be a great way for me to try some new cigars. If you want some visual proof or more info I can post a pick or whatever.

Thanks for looking.

P.S. Crap did not realize I was in the wrong sub forum can a mod please move this to the correct location.

Thanks,

bluetip84

Crap I did not realize I was in the wrong sub forum will a mod please move this to correct location?

ntanner

What sort of smokes are you looking to trade for? If something in my humidor catches youre eye maybe we can work something out.

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

bluetip84

I am completely open in what you want to send for trade. Since I am new to cigars I have been smoking the normal suggested "beginner" sticks suck as Macanudo, punch, etc. So I am open to anything.

LawDaddy

Can't really find any reviews.  How are they?

Longhorn

Ha! Jeremy, did you steal these from Rachael?  That's who is posted as the winner on their web site!  :biggrin:

bluetip84

QuoteLonghorn - 11/11/2013  5:18 PM

Ha! Jeremy, did you steal these from Rachael?  That's who is posted as the winner on their web site!  :biggrin:

That's my wife. :-) we share everything 50\50 right? Lol  :-)

bluetip84

QuoteLawDaddy - 11/11/2013  4:47 PM

Can't really find any reviews.  How are they?

I just received the box today so I have not even tried one yet. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

LawDaddy

Well, send me a few and I'll hit you back.  Three sound about right?

bluetip84

QuoteLawDaddy - 11/11/2013  5:55 PM

Well, send me a few and I'll hit you back.  Three sound about right?

Sounds good! I will put you down for three.

Come to find out I can not see your address until I have 100 post. Please pm or email it to me Jeremy.rhull@gmail.com and I will get them out asap.

Mojo66

Quotebluetip84 - 11/11/2013  5:27 PM  I am completely open in what you want to send for trade. Since I am new to cigars I have been smoking the normal suggested "beginner" sticks suck as Macanudo, punch, etc. So I am open to anything.

So what did you like yet, in general terms. Any cigar or brand that stick out?

You did come to the right place to learn about new cigars and share knowledge and actual cigars with people from all around. They are a great bunch of cigar savvy geeks.

Good luck with these. Your humidor won't remain the way it is for very long if you stick around here, heck you may want to order a bigger one right now, why wait  :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bluetip84

QuoteMojo66 - 11/11/2013  6:23 PM

Quotebluetip84 - 11/11/2013  5:27 PM  I am completely open in what you want to send for trade. Since I am new to cigars I have been smoking the normal suggested "beginner" sticks suck as Macanudo, punch, etc. So I am open to anything.

You did come to the right place to learn about new cigars and share knowledge and actual cigars with people from all around. They are a great bunch of cigar savvy geeks.

Good luck with these. Your humidor won't remain the way it is for very long if you stick around here, heck you may want to order a bigger one right now, why wait  :biggrin:

So far I have been sticking to lighter beginner freindly cigars. My favorite so far has been either the 5 Vegas classic or gold ( can't remember which), the macanudo cafe Hyde park (not much flavor but was just a solid smoke) and a casa toranos a friend gave me but didn't tell me what it was. But I will say I have not had a cigar yet I hated  :biggrin: .

nwb

Thread has been moved.

Good luck with your trade!
Chief of Shaft

Michaelbevans61

Quotebluetip84 - 11/11/2013  7:21 PM  

So far I have been sticking to lighter beginner freindly cigars. My favorite so far has been either the 5 Vegas classic or gold ( can't remember which), the macanudo cafe Hyde park (not much flavor but was just a solid smoke) and a casa toranos a friend gave me but didn't tell me what it was. But I will say I have not had a cigar yet I hated  :biggrin: .
hey my friend!! I would be willing to trade you some!! Pull through my humi and see what you like. On the note of beginner cigars however, you should try the gurkah park ave. it's a excellent smoke!!! 
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

jumberlack1

I would be down to trade you a 3-5er of those. I have some sticks that are looking for a new home that I think you might like...
Making bad decisions a profession!

bluetip84

QuoteMichaelbevans61 - 11/11/2013  11:03 PM

Quotebluetip84 - 11/11/2013  7:21 PM  

hey my friend!! I would be willing to trade you some!! Pull through my humi and see what you like. On the note of beginner cigars however, you should try the gurkah park ave. it's a excellent smoke!!! 

Sounds good your on my list and I sent you a PM.

bluetip84

Quotejumberlack1 - 11/12/2013  1:01 AM

I would be down to trade you a 3-5er of those. I have some sticks that are looking for a new home that I think you might like...

Perfect I have 4 left to trade so I would be down for all 4. Because I can not see your address in your profile without 100 post please PM it to me and I will get them sent ASAP.

Thanks!

Ken Kelley

Quotebluetip84 - 11/11/2013  9:21 AM

Sticking with the low speed cigars to start with is a smart move. Nothing will put you off a new hobby like trying the more potent blends and spending some woozy time wondering what hit you. Your tolerance will build in proportion to how often you smoke. Go slow. There are plenty of tasty mild to medium sticks to cut your teeth on. No need to jump in too far too fast! Good luck with the trades.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

LawDaddy

Your end arrived today, in great shape.  They look tasty.  Your end will be going out tomorrow :)

bluetip84

StogieDad

Did u get rid of all u wanted to?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bluetip84

QuoteStogieDad - 11/14/2013  6:39 PM

Did u get rid of all u wanted to?

Yes I did. I was suprised because I am so new but it seems we have good people on CG. Thanks for the interest.

StogieDad

Roll Tide.  Hope you hang around.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

jumberlack1

I mailed your package yesterday, be on the look-out!
Making bad decisions a profession!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.