Appoligies to CG Family

Started by sticks2Ash, 11/25/2013 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticks2Ash

I just wanted to apologize again to anyone that I have pissed off or brushed the wrong way since my introduction to my trade thread and now ISOM's. I truly have meant no harm or offense in any of my posts, no disrespect in my horse play or to come across as a mooch in my ISO in ISOM's. Reality is I dont know you all and you all dont know me so neither of us know how to take either other but I also understand that this is a well established site and community, a fine group of BOTL and I never mean to cross anyone or still up trouble or drama. I have read the rules to the site and will focus on following them and blending in vs what perception I have already made of myself.
I sincerely mean to and again apologize in open forum to anyone I have upset or offended.

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to be apart of this fine group as well as for those you you who have had enough decency to approach me in my errors in private vs public lashing.

S2A
Please excuse my Bipolar.........

mike.casey

Classy move S2A. I think you're doing just fine! :thumbsup:
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Jackal

We do not have our rules of conduct concerning ISOMs displayed in an easy to find place for new members.  This is something that we are currently addressing among the moderators.  Hopefully, this will make it easier for new members to know what is acceptable and what is not.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Vroomp

Did I miss out on a public lashing?

I always miss all the good stuff...... :cry:  

I think you'll be fine S2A........

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

sticks2Ash

Just to be clear, this is not a look at me thread. I would not post this if I did not sincerely mean it. I humbly apologize and take note of my errors. Again, I stand behind my original intro, I am here to give and contribute however I can and I hope to prove that in time. I just felt if was easier to get this out in the open and resolved as I understand there are many who have not taken to me and I want to make that right.

Brlesq

Good to see that you want to follow the forum rules and decided to stick around, Scott.  We are always happy to have new, contributing members.  Just take your time getting to know the members and the tone of the forum and you'll do just fine.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Mojo66

Good to hear you want to stick around. I really think you can contribute a great deal to this already awesome place.

Love your blog by the way, lots of interesting reviews and information.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nwb

Glad to see you are sticking around and trying to make things right.  Looking forward to your contributions. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

johncw

:?:  I must have missed something as well.

toby2

Rules? :biggrin: ok...

when I joined I pm'd Paul and asked where the rules etc page was bcs the "other" site I was on had pages of the stuff. he told me there really weren't any and that it was pretty much self governed around here. so far I've only had one pm questioning something I did and it was just a laid back question really.

sticks2Ash

QuoteMojo66 - 11/25/2013  11:00 AM

Good to hear you want to stick around. I really think you can contribute a great deal to this already awesome place.

Love your blog by the way, lots of interesting reviews and information.

Thank you my friend

nwb

Quotetoby2 - 11/25/2013  3:09 PM
Rules? :biggrin: ok...

There really aren't any "set" rules here, and that is part of the appeal.  I'd call them more guidelines....

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Longhorn

Hey, I don't think I ever gave you my "unofficial" welcome kit...

So, Scott, here you go! :biggrin:

Welcome! :cigarman:

Here's your "unofficial" :welcome: kit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Answers to frequently asked questions:

The vast number of aficionados on this forum leave the cellophane on their cigars. :smoker:

Many like a v-cut versus a straight cut, and many use kitty litter to stabilize the humidity in their humidors, but the Boveda humi-paks and Heartfelt beads are also well liked.

Xikar hygrometers (note the "g" and not a "d" in hygrometer) are frequently recommended on this forum. If you ask how to calibrate one, you'll get pointed to Google.

Lighters are all over the board with many opting for the cost effective Ronson butane jet lighters while others prefer Xikars, large table top lighters, cedar spills, matches, car lighters, blow torches, fire pits - pretty much anything that's on fire.

Any science related questions about relative humidity and temperature have been discussed ad nauseum.  But, if you feel the urge to ask, ignore what everyone posts except Jackal - he's the resident scientist. :respekt:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insights into the Cigar Geeks Community:

Any thread that starts with "NSFW" gets tons of views during working hours and when one of the resident gurus named Bob posts one of his infrequent "getting everyone caught up on what Bob's been doing" thread you'll get plenty of :lmao: responses.  

Don't post anything about ISOM's anywhere but the ISOM thread.  Otherwise, you'll get a bunch of  nonsensical responses.  :confused:   Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S. :shades:

Please resize your pictures before posting so you don't fire-up the curmudgeons on this site.  :hityou:

"Bombs" are not bombs, but gifts.  Some on here refer to them as "kisses".  Whatever you call them, it is not polite to broadcast you're sending a bomb(s) or solicit to be bombed.  :nono:  Doing the latter will subject you to a mailbox full of dog rockets and a lifetime of ridicule here. :shamebag:  You are, however, encouraged to acknowledged being bombed and there's a thread for doing just that.

Hopefully, you like to see pictures of midget pole dancers - those pop up from time to time. :-0

Passes are generally off limits to new folks until you have a few posts under your belt or have a veteran vouch for you.  Same with selling, buying, or trading - you'll be expected to execute your end of the transaction first until you gain the confidence of some of the members.  If you plan to do any of this, best to get a PooPal account if you don't already have one.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi of the site is SeƱor Pablo - when he speaks, we listen.  :bow:

PIF's (Pay It Forward) are a great way to earn credibility here.  There are several threads devoted to them.  Just be sure to read the ground rules before jumping in or review the extensive threads to get an idea of what they're about.

If disagreements occur, the Gurus usually come through with sage advice - heed their warnings as they carry a lot of power (well, we let them think that anyway :whistle:).

Please consider joining CRA if you are not already a member - it gets you a cool badge that shows up under your name on posts. :thumbsup:  Another easy way to earn a badge is to support the "Cigars for Troops" event that usually occurs in the early Fall.  :usa:

Finally, welcome to our community - in the end, it's about the enjoyment of cigars and pipes, developing friendships with others who share common interests and passions, and enhancing your knowledge of our hobby!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:goodluck:

kxthor911

This is good welcome advice...wish i would have got that when i joined ;)...most of this is great info.....
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Jackal

One more to add to Brad's list.

When you print the photo template, make sure that you don't "fit to page" or else all of the longer cigars will look like they are 1/2 - 1 inch longer than they should be.  If you are not sure, check the ruler on the template vs a ruler/ tape measure.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

vw77guy

Quotejohncw - 11/25/2013  3:05 PM

:?:  I must have missed something as well.

Don't feel bad.  I must have missed the boat too!  Stand up way to appologize though. Well played.

gitfiddl

QuoteLonghorn - 11/25/2013  5:20 PM

So, Scott, here you go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully, you like to see pictures of midget pole dancers - those pop up from time to time. :-0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn!  I almost missed my cue!   ;-)

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

DonM

:confused:  There are rules in CG?  

:lmao:  :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

Longhorn

Quotegitfiddl - 11/25/2013  8:31 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 11/25/2013  5:20 PM

So, Scott, here you go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn!  I almost missed my cue!   ;-)

Perfect! :lmao:

Michaelbevans61

Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

SenorPablo

No worries Scott.  No harm no foul.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

junglepete

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs: always looking forward to your participation.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.