Blind TASTING TRADE Thread.....

Started by sticks2Ash, 11/30/2013 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticks2Ash

So I've done a few of these on other forums and with the right conditions this can be a really fun trade / challenge! So curious if anyone is interested in:
A blind tasting trade!

Rules:
1. Trade is for 5 cigars. No more no less
2. Traders PM each other a list of 20 cigars. 15 are ones they like, love or want to try. 5 are cigars they don't like! Cigars are to be Non Cuban and MSRP is not to exceed $12. ( as close as possible ) *key is to list cigar brands or releases vs specifics! Example Don Pepin Blue Label, Tatuaje Black Label, Fuente etc. NOT Tatuaje the Frank, Fuente Henmingway, etc. You want to avoid a cigar from being easily known or Rare, HTF sticks being apart of this kind of trade.
3. Trade includes 4 cigars from the good list and 1 from the bad list.
4. Cigars are to be stripped of all bands, cello etc. placed in finger bags or seperated into bags.
5. Each cigar is to be numbered. Each trader while numbering the naked cigar will mark the band with the same number. A photo of the numbered bands must be taken for later use. Bands are not to be shipped and you are not to provide any info on the cigars your sending. If you don't have any of the 20, then you can decline the offer to trade.
6. Trade takes place
7. Both parties have 2 weeks to smoke all 5 cigars, write a short ( key word short ) review of each numbered cigar. Then guess what cigar they think it is or at least brand of maker.
8. After both parties complete all 5 of their reviews, pics of the bands are posted and the person who got the most correct guesses wins!
9. No prize awarded..... Just a fun trade and chance to see how well you know your cigar likes and dislikes. Iv seen some get very close and iv seen people say they hate Gurkha then review and love it not knowing that's what it was!

FYI - this is an open thread so anyone else interested please feel free to post. We can all post our reviews and pics here. Just thought this can be fun so anyone interested please post and let's get some pairs lined up! Happy Trading
Please excuse my Bipolar.........

The Burn Ward

Sounds interesting enough. Count me in.

Vroomp

This is similar to the spring Round Robin Pass done each year. Sounds like fun though........

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=17265.0

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

sticks2Ash

So Burn is in, I'm in..... Let's let this go for a few days and see if we can get anyone else in. Burn you and I will pair up if your ok with that?

The Burn Ward

nwb

This is always a fun idea.  We run 1-2 passes each year with the same theme.

I'd bite, but my schedule during the holidays and the cold weather both limit the amount of cigars I can enjoy.  I might be in when Spring rolls around.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

Scott, I'll give this a go as well.

Michael (StogieDad), do you want to pair off or wait to see how many others hop on this bus?

Smurf

yup sounds like the round robin...  always a good time!  have fun with this I would play but this time of year its nuts for me.
orbis non sufficit

StogieDad

QuoteLonghorn - 12/1/2013  8:10 PM

Scott, I'll give this a go as well.

Michael (StogieDad), do you want to pair off or wait to see how many others hop on this bus?

I'm good if you are brother!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sticks2Ash

Pair up GENTS! Glad to see a few brothers open to the idea.

sticks2Ash

Gents, I'm so sorry and I feel like a douche starting this then having to back out. Can anyone take my trade with burn? Iv had some personal stuff come up between home and work and I'm gonna be on the road for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to complete my trade.
If anyone can and is willing, please PM Burn Ward.
Thanks

Cigary

I love blind reviews as they teach us to view our own tastes and not what the crowd or advertisers want us to taste.  I've done a lot of these over the years and always enjoy them but I know that life tends to get in the way of getting involved in them...like the brother above...travel is one of those things and for me I love to travel and smoke cigars.  Maybe over the course of a few months it can be done....time constraints tend to cause problems but hope this one goes forward.

sjn1117

Sounds like fun but I can't commit to anything time related right now.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Ken Kelley

Have fun with this one guys. Two weeks for people to smoke 5 cigars and make their guesses is wildly optimistic. Good luck on this one!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Mojo66

Sounds like lots of fun, would love to play one of these days, seen the concept around a few time. One of those game you can't loose. 0 out of 5, who cares, still get to smoke great cigars and learn some...or not.  

But committing to smoking 5 sticks in a week or two, in winter and around Christmas time would be quite a task to accomplish for me, my bowl being pretty full as it is.  Have fun with it, will watch the show.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.