Glass Tubes

Started by Samhain2000, 05/16/2009 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samhain2000

If you buy cigars that are individually sealed in glass tubes, do they need to be stored in a humidor?
I do not think that do but I would rather ask.
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

lowpro75

I never really thought about it because I just stick everything in the humidor.  I would tend to agree with your thinking that you wouldn't have to but if the tube is not airtight how would you know?
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Ken Kelley

If you can be assured the tube is 100% air tight I can't see how they would dry out.  On the other hand, I don't think they would age very well.  Don't cigars need to breath a little when they are aging?
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

I occasionally enjoy a Cuesta Rey Cortez Centro Fino Sungrown, of which comes in a glass tuve.  I actually take them out of the tube when I get them, and have had no problems.  I actually think they turn out better with some rest in the humi, with out the tube

"The Curmudgeon"

mountedshriner

I asked my local B&M counter person and he said that the problem w/the tubos is that they "can't breathe" and should be uncorked at least and put in the humi. Sounds reasonable to me. :confused:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Bob Cordell

I always put em' in the humi...why chance it?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

nukbucko

I take them out and putem in my humi.
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

mhuss

Quotenukbucko - 5/18/2009  7:39 PM
I take them out and putem in my humi.

I definitely agree.  Although I don't purchase many cigars that come in a tube, but if they do, I take them right on outta there and put them in the humi with the rest of the clan.

druid

I need a glass tubo to protect a rare cigar.  Anyone know of a minimum 7.5x56 cigar that comes in glass?

Brlesq

Well at least Druid searched the forums for an answer before having to dig up a 6 year old similar thread to ask the question!  Many of us appreciate that you looked first BEFORE you asked!   :bigthumbs:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

sar127

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.