New member for trades

Started by stogieguy512, 12/10/2013 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stogieguy512

New member here have alot of boxes and wanted to do some trading. if someone could let me know how this happens that would be awesome.
Smoke till the light goes out>!>

sjn1117

Just list what you're offering up. Somebody will bite.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

stogieguy512

5 Cigars to trade up or more if someone wants to make the pot bigger. have over 30 different boxes of cigars
ashton vsg churchill
liga privada no9
my father bijou 1922 churchill
El tiante torpedo ( first batch which was not rolled by my father cigars)
Fuente 858 sungrown

Longhorn

New folks, until they have a few posts under their belt or have a veteran vouch for them, are expected to execute their end of the transaction first until you gain the confidence/trust of some of the members.

You can get an idea of how trustworthy a Geek is by viewing their feedback.  

As noted above, it's best to post what you're willing to trade and what you're looking for in trade.  Some Geeks use the Virtual Humidor for this and set up a humidor that can be easily viewed by others.

Longhorn

Quotestogieguy512 - 12/10/2013  11:10 PM

5 Cigars to trade up or more if someone wants to make the pot bigger. have over 30 different boxes of cigars
ashton vsg churchill
liga privada no9
my father bijou 1922 churchill
El tiante torpedo ( first batch which was not rolled by my father cigars)
Fuente 858 sungrown

Five would be a minimum... the cost of postage doesn't make it worth the effort unless it is a really high end cigar that you're shipping.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

LawDaddy

What are you looking for?

stogieguy512

Any type of cigar that is a hard to find stick. or just a damn good stink that i haven't had.

stogieguy512

looking for camacho liberty 09, opus x fuente fuente, any ditka cigar, any padrons, tatuaje monster series.

The Burn Ward

I've seen Ryan's collection and it's a good one. He has some nice OR and aged cigars as well as some HTF. I'm going to meet up with him soon and do some trading and herf it up.

tvolball

Good luck and welcome to the group
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

jumberlack1

Welcome from Korea! And post up some more things you might be looking for...I'm usually down for a trade
Making bad decisions a profession!

Brlesq

Quotestogieguy512 - 12/11/2013  1:00 AM

looking for camacho liberty 09, opus x fuente fuente, any ditka cigar, any padrons, tatuaje monster series.

I hope you're not expecting to get 'even up trades' on some of these.  You're looking for some sticks that are much rarer than the ones you are trading.  Keep an open mind about that when trading.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

I smell a blind trade coming on.......
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

stogieguy512

i will be posting a picture of all the sticks i will be trading after work today. still learning this whole thing so bare with me.

StogieDad

Quotestogieguy512 - 12/11/2013  9:45 AM

i will be posting a picture of all the sticks i will be trading after work today. still learning this whole thing so bare with me.

Thats a good idea, but as some have suggested, I think your best option is to accept a blind trade from someone.  Send what you want to send up front, and trust in a geek to treat you right.  I assure you, you will not be disappointed.  Then that person can leave feedback, so you start to establish some street cred around here.  This site is VERY ACCOMODATING to noobs, so this is a great way to impress some guys and prove yourself.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

stogieguy512

So change of plans if anyone would like to do a blind trade i dont think you wont be disappointed. Want to gain the trust of the members on this forum so if anybody would like to participate PM me. Thanks

CrazyK

I'm up for a blind trade if you don't mind sending to Canada?
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.