Humidor Value Contest

Started by lowpro75, 05/17/2009 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

So I recently posted that I updated my virtual humidor and I know that you guys were thinking "So, how can I profit from this information?"  Well, now I'm going to tell you how.  This is the guess the value of my humidor contest.  The tricky part is that some of the values are specials (probably most of them), passes are valued at retail price (Not MSRP, whatever that is) usually from CI or Famous and some are valued at B&M prices if that is what I paid.  Some are rounded and some may even be wrong but I absolve myself of any liability if someone mathematically proves that my valuation is wrong.  There are a couple of sticks that are from blind passes that have a value of 0 because I don't know what they are, they are just labeled with initials.  Remember that it is number of sticks x price.  

Why are I doing this?  Because I'm wasted and I love you guys!  But seriously, since I won Hotstuff's contest, I figure I have an obligation to pay it forward, plus it should be fun.  The one who comes closest to the number wins.  In the event of a tie the person who guessed under the amount will be the winner.  Please round your guesses to the nearest dollar.  The contest will close at 11:59 PM on Monday.  Winner will be announced Tuesday morning.  

The prize is the lowpro 5 pack Sampler:

1- 5 Vegas Miami Churchill

1 - RP 1990 Vintage Toro

1 - Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Robusto

1 - TNT Alt Padron Anniversary

1 - Perdomo Edicion De Silvio Robusto

Also, I believe that my prices are hidden from view, if there is any glitch and they are not hidden I would expect you guys to be honest and let me know.  There can only be one winner.  Good luck, fellas.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

Ummmmmmmm, thats alot of math for me, I'm about half too...

$327

:confused:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Ken Kelley

My Magic 8-Ball says $386.40  :cigarman:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

junglepete

This sounds like fun...I'll have to get my calculator out for it though. One time on a group trip to Sicily, 38 of us got on a giant scale for weighing crates of lemons. At the end of the day we had to guess how much we all weighed together. I nailed it exactly right and I'm hoping to have some of that same luck here.

Thanks for the contest!!

:biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Great contest and that Silvio is a great prize!  I think you're somewhere up in the $500 range.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

akira

My guess is $350.  Thanks!
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Jackal

Thanks for giving us a shot at the sampler.

Put me down for $405.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nukbucko

this is like the Price is Right CigarGeeks Style... Bob I bid $1
But really I think it's $420
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

markinde

I have no idea and I hate to do math so I'm going to guess blind here and just hope for the best.
$ 475
"Women are most like fine cigars...The good ones leave you wanting to have another. But unfortunately most women get jealous when you have another right after them." - Mark L.
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=markinde

DonM

I would Hate to update my humi, and have the wife see the $ amount!  I am gonna say $295

"The Curmudgeon"

Duker511

Tim

Twinky

Im going to go with an even $416.5973
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

mountedshriner

$422.13 give or take a penny. I will PM you w/my address Rich so you will know where to send the goodies!! :victory:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

stogie_foggie

I think that Rich got some smokin' deals so he is trying to pull a fast one.  I'm going to say $299.99....  :biggrin:
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

BlackIrish

$569

If it's much below that, you got some great deals, by my calculations.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

qman22

Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

texlewee

" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

smoke 1

How cool thanks Rich !!

I say 478.32

Brian
-Brian

Hot Stuff x

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nukbucko

is anyone close dont give names
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

nukbucko

is anyone close dont give names

lowpro75

I'm not saying anything in case there are more guesses.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nukbucko

Do we only get one guess

elmokfo

I'm going to shoot out there with $309.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.