Submitted cigars to the Database (need to clarify)

Started by theque, 12/14/2013 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theque

So in the 2013 Diamond Crown Holiday Gift Set is 3 Double Belicoso cigars; Maximus, Julius Caeser, and CFW. The database only had the Maximus so I added the CFW and Julius Caeser to it. Unfortunately I had to add the Julius Caeser two times because the first entry was incorrect as I was reading the notes from another cigar.

Just wanted that noted for the admin who approves things.

Also, when it is approved, I have the pics as well. Submitted a few of those tonight as well.
-Ray

You can tell me how to cut, light, smoke or hold my cigar when you let me tell you how to hold your c%*$.

Humidor shared with girl in pigtails ( http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=theque&set=curr )

jdwaynes1980

Quotetheque - 12/14/2013  3:10 AM

Julius Caeser

There are 6 different Diamond Crown Julius Caesar cigars in the database already. Maybe you misspelled "Caesar" when searching?
Roll Tide!

theque

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 12/14/2013  3:15 AM

Julius Caeser

There are 6 different Diamond Crown Julius Caesar cigars in the database already. Maybe you misspelled "Caesar" when searching?

First, it is spelled Caeser (The one from Diamond Crown). Second, I searched Diamond Crown. Lastly, I am 100% positive it is not there.

There is no cigar with this description or stats:

Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Belicoso (Length: 6.75, Ring: 54)

This post was not about me having trouble finding it, it was about me making a mistake on the first submission of the cigar and having to submit twice. I just wanted whoever reviews to be aware when they see two submissions.

-Ray
-Ray

You can tell me how to cut, light, smoke or hold my cigar when you let me tell you how to hold your c%*$.

Humidor shared with girl in pigtails ( http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=theque&set=curr )

jdwaynes1980

Ahh, didn't notice the different vitola, my bad.

Carry on :)
Roll Tide!

junglepete

Which Caeser do you want removed, the shade wrapper or the Ecudorian wrapper?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

mike.casey

Quotetheque - 12/14/2013  5:27 AM

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 12/14/2013  3:15 AM

Julius Caeser

First, it is spelled Caeser (The one from Diamond Crown). Second, I searched Diamond Crown. Lastly, I am 100% positive it is not there.

There is no cigar with this description or stats:

Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Belicoso (Length: 6.75, Ring: 54)

This post was not about me having trouble finding it, it was about me making a mistake on the first submission of the cigar and having to submit twice. I just wanted whoever reviews to be aware when they see two submissions.

-Ray

I think he was just trying to help, not call you out in any way. This post came off pretty passive aggressive to me.

If a geek posts in one of your threads the one thing it won't be is criticism... Now, off topic, or ridiculous may be quite common

Relax and have a cigar brother, we're all going to make it!
 :biggrin:
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

The Burn Ward

So in the 2013 Diamond Crown Holiday Gift Set is 3 Double Belicoso cigars; Maximus, Julius Caeser, and CFW. The database only had the Maximus so I added the CFW and Julius Caeser to it. Unfortunately I had to add the Julius Caeser two times because the first entry was incorrect as I was reading the notes from another cigar.

Just wanted that noted for the admin who approves things.

Also, when it is approved, I have the pics as well. Submitted a few of those tonight as well.

The Mods do a great job researching and editing submissions, so if you make a mistake most likely they will catch it and fix it before adding it to the database.

The following message is also posted on the DB main page. Feel free PM an Admin if you need help.

"A special thanks to our DB Admins ljlemer, junglepete, Hot Stuff x, and Jackal for their tireless efforts in wrangling and validating the many submissions of our members, leading to the excellent quality and completeness of our Cigar Database."

When you see your submission is approved you can go in and add the photo.

Also, "When you print the photo template, make sure that you don't "fit to page" or else all of the longer cigars will look like they are 1/2 - 1 inch longer than they should be. If you are not sure, check the ruler on the template vs a ruler/ tape measure." -Jackal

Enjoy the site my friend it is the best! :smoker:

theque

Quotejunglepete - 12/14/2013  6:02 AM

Which Caeser do you want removed, the shade wrapper or the Ecudorian wrapper?

The shade wrapper was incorrect. THe second with the Ecudorian is the correct one. Thanks junglepete.
-Ray

theque

Quotemike.casey - 12/14/2013  6:45 AM

I think he was just trying to help, not call you out in any way. This post came off pretty passive aggressive to me.

If a geek posts in one of your threads the one thing it won't be is criticism... Now, off topic, or ridiculous may be quite common

Relax and have a cigar brother, we're all going to make it!
 :biggrin:

You're right it was a bit passive aggressive. I would like to apologize to jd. It was late at night and I took minor offence to me being told I did not know how to spell. In hind site it was obviously just another member trying to assist someone new to the forum.

-Ray

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

toby2

jdwaynes1980

No worries here Ray. Hell I looked at the cigars in the database before posting and didn't even realize the spelling was different on them. I was just trying to be helpful though :)
Roll Tide!

nwb

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 12/16/2013  5:13 AM

No worries here Ray. Hell I looked at the cigars in the database before posting and didn't even realize the spelling was different on them. I was just trying to be helpful though :)

What Ray was saying is you aren't helpful, though.

{channeling my inner lowpro}
Chief of Shaft

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cigary

I love reading the reviews in the Database as this is what drew me into this Forum..along with our good friend Les...where is he by the way..still on his honeymoon?  I digress here....when you consider the amount of cigars in this database it gives one pause as to just how many good cigars there are out there and what helps is that so many members take the time to actually give their honest opinion of them.  They aren't paid schils to review a cigar with the expectations to get more...pay for play kind of deal.  I take this forums reviews to heart because they are believable and regardless of their real opinion on them I still get a good idea of what to expect from the review esp. when I know what profile I like.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.