Preferred Method of Shipping Cigars?

Started by theque, 12/14/2013 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theque

The title says it all. When doing a trade with someone, what is the preferred shipping method?

-Ray
-Ray

You can tell me how to cut, light, smoke or hold my cigar when you let me tell you how to hold your c%*$.

Humidor shared with girl in pigtails ( http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=theque&set=curr )

Ken Kelley

Quotetheque - 12/14/2013  8:06 AM

The title says it all. When doing a trade with someone, what is the preferred shipping method?

-Ray

The little boxes available for free at the PO work well for 5-10 cigars as long as you put them in a ziplock bag. Pete (junglepete) can cram in 40 or 50 in the same space though!  :biggrin:

We talked about this a few days ago....might want to look around and see what was said before in a different thread...same subject.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

junglepete

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/14/2013  8:12 PM

Quotetheque - 12/14/2013  8:06 AM

-Ray

The little boxes available for free at the PO work well for 5-10 cigars as long as you put them in a ziplock bag. Pete (junglepete) can cram in 40 or 50 in the same space though!  :biggrin:

We talked about this a few days ago....might want to look around and see what was said before in a different thread...same subject.

:-0  :-0  :-0
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

c.petree.1

I get flat rate boxes and put my cigars in the bags I get from the local shops. I pad the box with Walmart bags or extra foam popcorn I have. To cheapen it up you can wrap the box in brown paper and it almost cuts the flat rate price in half. I have seen other geeks use cheap Tupperware with boveda packs but I don't think its necessary.

ntanner

I usually use the flat rate boxes with a Ziploc bag and some padding and havn't had a problem yet.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

theque

Excellent! Thanks for the responses.
-Ray

You can tell me how to cut, light, smoke or hold my cigar when you let me tell you how to hold your c%*$.

Humidor shared with girl in pigtails ( http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=theque&set=curr )

Herfin' Chef

I use small bubble envelopes with 4- index cards atop and underneath the cigars for support. A fiver usually runs less than 3.00 to send out.
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

sjn1117

Flat rate box, ziploc, and bubblewrap or left over plastic bags always works.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

johncw

Quotesjn1117 - 12/14/2013  10:24 PM

Flat rate box, ziploc, and bubblewrap or left over plastic bags always works.

I've done the same as well

Longhorn

Cfickter

I prefer using the flat rates also, always have extra bags from the local B&M then grab small bubble wrap to secure.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

Quotetheque - 12/14/2013  7:06 PM

-Ray

Tell you what, send me 3-4 5pks of cigars, all shipped in a different way, and I will let you know which one I like the best. Deal??  :shy:  :lmao:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

JRODZILLA

Nirab, let's do a trade tomorrow. We can use our tried and true delivery method...the hand off.

jumberlack1

USPS flat rate, always use ziplocks and during this time of year, that humidification is critical due to the super dry air, temp extremes, and extended delivery.
Making bad decisions a profession!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.