Is Cigar Geeks becoming a bomb site?

Started by Ntxsage, 12/16/2013 06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ntxsage

Saw this mentioned in a bomb thread the other day and wanted to dive into it.

Are we becoming a bomb site? If so is that a good thing or a bad thing? Curious what everyone's thinking is on this...
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

cavenbk

There have been a lot of bombs flying around lately, but I would not go as far as to call CG a bond site. There is still so much more to the site than sending or receiving bombs. I believe that there is still a lot of good information and conversations being posted here. I don't believe it is a bad thing at all though having all the bombs going around. It just shows how much the people on this site respect and care for each other.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

McBryde

Quit acting like a baby! LOL

I don't think we are a bomb site. I think there is much more to this site than that. We are just a pretty close knit group of brothers and sisters here, and we like to share what is good, bad, or indifferent with each other. I mean if someone wants to bomb pineapple white owls to someone, I don't think that is a bad thing, but the person getting them might, LOL. I guess it is all just perspective. If you are a bomber or bombee, the picture probably doesn't look as bad as if you are just a person on the outskirts looking at all these bombs being passed. I just say you are going to get out of a site like this one what you put into it. If you don't want to interact, then don't, but don't gripe when others are having fun bombing each other in brotherly/sisterly fun!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

StogieDad

QuoteNtxsage - 12/16/2013  9:15 AM

Are we becoming a bomb site? If so is that a good thing or a bad thing? Curious what everyone's thinking is on this...

This from the guy with the gold bomber badge :biggrin: :-0
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

QuoteMcBryde - 12/16/2013  9:22 AM
I mean if someone wants to bomb pineapple white owls to someone, I don't think that is a bad thing, but the person getting them might, LOL. I guess it is all just perspective.
E

As a recipient of said pineapple white owls, I would like to add that I would NEVER have bought these for myself (and I do mean NEVER!!), but now I have an opportunity to try them (if I can only get up the nerve!)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Ntxsage

QuoteStogieDad - 12/16/2013  6:29 AM

QuoteNtxsage - 12/16/2013  9:15 AM

This from the guy with the gold bomber badge :biggrin: :-0

I'm on record as a bombing junkie...lol. Have been since day 1. In fact I was one of a group of noobs that caused us to have a bomb acknowledgement thread created because we were sending too many bombs and the acknowledgement threads were taking over the front page. Lol. Which turned out to be a good idea i might add....people use it when they want, and when they feel they need a separate thread they make one. I just love seeing the reactions and the anticipation waiting for something to land.

Now of course CG is soo much more than just bombs flying around, I was just wondering whether the bombing itself was seen as a good thing or not.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

jumberlack1

oops, guess i'm adding to the "problem"
Making bad decisions a profession!

tvolball

I agree that there is a lot of post about a bombs geeks have received, however we have a HUGE active group that adds to many other threads other then bomb threads. I have to say I think it's great to be a part of such a great group that doesn't mind sharing with others.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

johncw

Being new to cigars I've learned so much about cigars, storage, humidity, generousity from the men and women here.

I'm proud to be part of a community that is so generous with there time and sticks and can't say I have ever seen anything like this in my life.

Cheers to everyone that is a part of it.

Joelala

I have only been around for about a year, and I have to say, when I joined the site, there were tons of bomb going around, but then it cooled off, now it is hot again. I would have to say it has a lot to do with the holiday season and just the nature of our group of guys and gals.

Having said that, during the year I have been around, I have always learned new things from you guys on the site. Whether it is a cigar to smoke, or how to use my coolidor. There is always knowledge flying around this site, and it does not come and go. it is always around becaouse the core group we have here is defintely something special.

Do geeks enjoy bombs.... hell yes, but this site is way more than that.
Joe

nirab

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/16/2013  8:51 AM

Tis the season!

-Paul

:word:  :cigarman:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Ntxsage

QuoteJoelala - 12/16/2013  7:33 AM

I have only been around for about a year, and I have to say, when I joined the site, there were tons of bomb going around, but then it cooled off, now it is hot again. I would have to say it has a lot to do with the holiday season and just the nature of our group of guys and gals.

Having said that, during the year I have been around, I have always learned new things from you guys on the site. Whether it is a cigar to smoke, or how to use my coolidor. There is always knowledge flying around this site, and it does not come and go. it is always around becaouse the core group we have here is defintely something special.

Do geeks enjoy bombs.... hell yes, but this site is way more than that.

Agreed with every word of this!

junglepete

QuoteBrlesq - 12/16/2013  9:41 AM

I mean if someone wants to bomb pineapple white owls to someone, I don't think that is a bad thing, but the person getting them might, LOL. I guess it is all just perspective.
E

As a recipient of said pineapple white owls, I would like to add that I would NEVER have bought these for myself (and I do mean NEVER!!), but now I have an opportunity to try them (if I can only get up the nerve!)

You first!  :-0
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

sjn1117

Bombs are never a bad thing. There's so much more at CG than just bombing but they do make it fun to watch.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

junglepete

As far a bombing goes, the more the merrier in my opinion  :biggrin: Bombs Away!!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

tvolball

Quotejunglepete - 12/16/2013  11:00 AM

As far a bombing goes, the more the merrier in my opinion  :biggrin: Bombs Away!!

:word:
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

toby2

QuoteNtxsage - 12/16/2013  9:15 AM  Saw this mentioned in a bomb thread the other day and wanted to dive into it.  Are we becoming a bomb site? If so is that a good thing or a bad thing? Curious what everyone's thinking is on this...

hmm.... I was just saying there are many bombs flying around. bomb away. or don't. 

McBryde

QuoteBrlesq - 12/16/2013  8:41 AM

E

In the infamous words of the guy off of the movie Water Boy...... "You can do it!"

:-0  :-0

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nwb

I thought we renamed them "kisses"? :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Quotejunglepete - 12/15/2013  10:57 PM

E

He already did! Your turn now!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

cigarzinn

I don't think so.  And if it is, then not a bad thing.  I like the ocnversation here.  I also learned a lot when I joined about the hobby.  

junglepete

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/18/2013  2:53 PM

E

:sad: I see that. Those suckers are staring at me everyday sitting beside the humi. But when the time comes to smoke, and my choice is them or something else, well, something else keeps winning the draw  :rolleyes:
Guru of Frugality

cibolodave

I think bombs are just as valuable as advise. I have saved tons of dollars by smoking a free cigar and not going out and buying box of something blindly

Ken Kelley

Quotejunglepete - 12/18/2013  4:10 AM

QuoteKen Kelley - 12/18/2013  2:53 PM

E

:sad: I see that. Those suckers are staring at me everyday sitting beside the humi. But when the time comes to smoke, and my choice is them or something else, well, something else keeps winning the draw  :rolleyes:

Don't blame you there. My personal choice when faced with smoking a Pineapple White Owl or rolling up a dog turd in a piece of newspaper and firing it up is to go looking around the yard for a well aged dog turd! The dog turd HAS to be better....

But...Bruce DID actually open a package, light one up, and made it through almost an inch before he collapsed. Can you let him get away with that display of bravado?  :biggrin:

Now this is certainly not a Double Dog Dare situation but you have an eager audience waiting to see what you do next. I would join you in this sacrifice but, oh my and alas, I sent the entire supply of those sticks which were available in our isolated mountain community to you and Bruce so I can't. And I think that massive snow storms may move in to prevent me from getting more for the foreseeable future.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.