Cigar DB Breaks 9000 Entries!!!

Started by SenorPablo, 09/20/2007 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

:party:
Congrats to all members!  Thanks for all the help with the new entries submitted by several members to help push us over the edge of 9000 cigars in the Cigar Database.  In particular, i'd like to recognize Larry (ljlemer) for his extensive help with new entries and cleaning up old entries. :bigthumbs:

I know 10,000 is a long way off but let's make that the next goal.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

monteclaro

Nice work everyone.  10,000 here we come!  :shades:
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

ljlemer

I actually ENJOY hunting down new cigars to enter, especially when, as now, I'm smoke-free.
Looking at cigars when I can't smoke them is like looking at girlie magazines when married. Both are look, but don't touch. The good news is my promise not to smoke for a week is up on Sunday. My marriage is up upon death or divorce. (I'm really happily married).

When I'm smoking, I prefer to post reviews.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

You know.  I've been thinking about entries missing from the DB as well.  And where I think we hve the biggest hole is with Cubans.  I just did a search on Cubans and out of the over 9000 cigars we have, there are only just over 300 Cubans.

Now I know they are illegal in the US, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have them in the DB.  I'm sure there are people from outside the US who visit the site.

I just means we shouldn't have any reviews about the Cuban's in there.  ;-)

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

ljlemer

Aside from a rare trip abroad, I have no access to Cubans and I don't waste my time thinking about them. The few Cubans I've had weren't memorable anyway. I just skip over the Cubans. What others do is up to them.

Thomas Mann

tnt956

Were will I ever find cigars to add that aren't already in the DB?

ljlemer

Look in catalogs, online cigar resources, overseas cigar websites, etc. Allow me to be the first to congratulate myself on breaking 100 posts.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Congrats on making 100 Larry!  Keep up the great work!
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.