Issue adding links to signature

Started by el sanchimoto, 01/04/2014 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el sanchimoto

Sorry if this has been posted and answered before. I looked a couple times now and haven't seen the answer, but I cannot for the life of my get a hyperlinked signature to work in my signature unless I just dump the link in plain text there.

What I'd like is to have 'My Humidor' hyperlinked to my public humidor but I cannot get it to work.

I even used the rich-text editor and successfully inserted the link to the correct text in a post, edited the post to see the code, then copy and pasted the code to my signature in my account but when I viewed it in the forums it just displayed the code.

Did I miss a setting somewhere? (I have HTML to YES, and MBBS Code to YES).

Again, advanced apologies if I missed the post where this was addressed and thanks for the help!

junglepete

I am sure someone will help you with this who is more tech savvy than me. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you are not helped in a reasonable amount of time I will bring it to Paul's (Senor Pablo) attention.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

McBryde

I can't for the life of me get a thumbnail in mine, I have tried probably 30 times and it just won't work!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

el sanchimoto

Quotejunglepete - 1/4/2014  4:42 PM

I am sure someone will help you with this who is more tech savvy than me. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you are not helped in a reasonable amount of time I will bring it to Paul's (Senor Pablo) attention.

Thanks mate. While I'm not a coder, I am pretty good at figuring things out [like this] and what-not on my own (part of my job professionally) and I have seen it work in other people's signatures.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

sjn1117

Wish I could help but I'm a tech moron. I just recently figured out how to post pics :shamebag:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

SenorPablo

You basically need to use the same bbs codes you would use in a post, found here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/help-mbbscode.asp

I included a couple of examples though.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Cigary

I'm officially brain challenged...couldn't put a thumbnail image  on here to save my life...guess they'll just come in regular size.

el sanchimoto

QuoteSenorPablo - 1/4/2014  7:59 PM

You basically need to use the same bbs codes you would use in a post, found here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/help-mbbscode.asp

I included a couple of examples though.

Cheers!
-Paul

And there we have it. SUCCESS! :dancing:

Strange though that I used the rich text editor to insert a link in a post and it uses a different language than what works for the signature. :confused:

oh well   :thanx:

Cigary

Quoteel sanchimoto - 1/4/2014  9:44 PM  
QuoteSenorPablo - 1/4/2014  7:59 PM  You basically need to use the same bbs codes you would use in a post, found here: http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/help-mbbscode.asp  I included a couple of examples though.  Cheers! -Paul
And there we have it. SUCCESS! :dancing:   Strange though that I used the rich text editor to insert a link in a post and it uses a different language than what works for the signature. :confused:   oh well   :thanx:

When I use Basic Editor I don't have to put in the ( break sign )
to achieve breaks between lines...

I just hit ENTER and I get the break and it breaks twice if I click ENTER twice.  At least my brain is trying to make a comeback.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.