Newbie Looking 2 Earn Some Cigar Geek Street Cred

Started by BewareDaPenguin, 01/04/2014 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

Just like the Subject says! I'm a newbie looking to build some cigar geek street cred! I'm looking to trade a nice 5-pack Winter Sampler (I say winter because some of the cigars are shorter, but still quality smokes for sure!) :thumbsup:

I've done some research on the site and understand that I will be shipping out my end 1st, which isn't a problem. Just looking to break some bread with some geeks!!!

In this sampler:

1- A Fuente Hemingway Short Story
1- H Upmann Legacy Robusto
1- Nub 460 Conn
1- Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur Epicure Natural
1- My Father Le Bijou 1922 Toro

If you look at this sampler you can get an idea of what I like, I also like monte's, sun grown lines, ashton's anything that's quality. Not looking for anything special in a trade just to give you an idea. I'm happy to try new cigars if they are good, this was 1 big reason I joined was to get some ideas on new cigars!

Just looking to get my feet wet and get someone to vouch for me! I'd love to get in on some of the Cigar Passes!

Hit me up if you'd like to trade!!

Thanks again for the nice welcome a lot of people said hello! It's cold here in the Midwest so not able to enjoy my smokes as much it's feezing!!!

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

StogieDad

Nice little sampler, sure someone will give you a little lesson in geek math.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

Unless you specify cigars you're after, you're basically in a blind trade.  You'd have better luck, I think, soliciting as such.

Good luck!

BewareDaPenguin

Ahhh right on I hear ya...yeah I'm really jus looking 2 get my feet wet with the community. I don't have a problem trying some new cigars, I love medium-full body cigars, I've really been wanting to try the Ashton VSG"s, and monte platinum lines, but again I'm open 2 try suggestions as well. Just looking for something somewhat of comparable value and strength of cigar. Again I'm a newbie and just trying to earn some cred with the people. Let me know if this helps!

Cfickter

No problem putting this out there. A good way to introduce yourself and start some trades
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bmac7754

PM  sent.  Just a helpful hint, you want to add your address in your profile and should open up your humidor for viewing, or at least create a wish list so people can see what you have and want.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

BewareDaPenguin

Awesome thanks! Sent u a PM n took ur advise n got my address updated, I'll get on the virtual humidor this weekend watching football lol! Thanks again!

Vroomp

Lots of folks ship online and USPS likes a last name for the shipping label! Only active members with over 100 points will be able to see this.....  Just a thought.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BewareDaPenguin

Ahhh right on, I c....yeah I was a little leary about that but that's a nice feature. Thanks everyone for the help

BewareDaPenguin

OK OK.....So I got my package from Brian (bmac7754) today and he def schooled me and gave me a lesson in Geek Math 101!!! Man thanks so much for the awesome sticks man I can wait to smoke them. You really outdid yourself man, I appreciate you sticking you neck out for me and trading with a newb!!

Here's the lineup 1 each of:

Alec Bradley Sungrown Robusto
Ashton VSG Illusion (which I've really been wanting to try thanks so much!!)
Carlos Torano Circa 1995 Dominican Selection Robusto
Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs A Ton (MUWAT) +11
Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park
Man O' War Special Edition Figurado
Oliva Saison (2009) Robusto
Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project Toro
Rocky Patel Decade Toro
Vegas de Santiago Heritage Maduro Robusto

:dancing:

Whew....that was a lot of typing!! LOL....I can't thank you enough I really appreciate it, I'm sure I will really enjoy smoking them all!!!

StogieDad

Schooled!!!!  Haha, good on your guys, good trade!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

In the letter he sent me....in geek math...5 means 10....lol I got schooled!!! Thanks again

Ken Kelley

That Brian sho don't know how to count very well!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Vroomp

Not many folks here DO count correctly!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

mess24

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cavenbk

Quotenirab - 1/9/2014 5:52 PM 1+1=3, right?? :angel:

I thought 1+1=11 :biggrin: :shy:

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

bmac7754

So i take up Adam (BewareDaPenguin) up on his trade offer, decided not to wait to get his end first and launched my cigars the same day.  We both received our packages today, and I got say these look amazing.  Adam is a top notch Geek, threw in an hitchhiker and a couple bonus items.  Thank you again my friend, Enjoy the smokes as I will these I'm sure.

Ok so reading this you say, pics pics, ok here they are.

photo 1_zps39a43ee0.jpg

photo 2_zps35f2fa13.jpg

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

nwb

Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

The GPK is like a little thing I throw in lol....bewaredapenguin....doobie doobie do!!

Caveman Steve

Love the LeBijou 1922 series!  Very nice!
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

mess24

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.