Cigars for Troops 2013 - Feedback from Troops

Started by nwb, 01/09/2014 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Last week, I received the following from one of the groups we sent cigars to.  This was as an awesome gesture, which wasn't needed, but which is much appreciated.

Good going to those that donated.  One of these days, I'll be sure to leave feedback (going to take a bit of time).
Chief of Shaft

nwb

They also sent a disk with some pictures, but my computer won't read the format.  I'll see about getting them pulled off and upload them here in the coming weeks.
Chief of Shaft

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Brlesq

Very cool.  When you have a moment, would you please take 4 up-close photos of the banner (one of each quadrant) so we can read the notes they wrote on it?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mess24

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 1/9/2014  3:22 PM

Very cool.  When you have a moment, would you please take 4 up-close photos of the banner (one of each quadrant) so we can read the notes they wrote on it?

No problem. I'll try to this evening.  If not then, it will have to wait until next week.
Chief of Shaft

cavenbk

Very cool. And take your time on the feedback! Personally I did not do it to get another positive feedback rating, I did it for the troops, so I do not mind if you do not get around to it. Again, way to go Geeks!!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

gpd4

This came from my nominee, and she sent me one as well!  I'll try to post pics when I get home.
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

freakydeakydutchman

very cool, im glad that they enjoyed them!
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Kman

Very, very cool!! Gald they are enjoying them!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mautrak

Very cool, indeed.  Thanks for posting.

ThinBlueLine

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

jumberlack1

Making bad decisions a profession!

Rebecca Silverwolf

Very nice. Glad they are enjoying the gift.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

bmac7754

That was awesome of them to send back a thank you package.  Glad I could be a part of this, and glad they are enjoying those cigars.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Rbrushaber

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.