Admin sticky please

Started by kxthor911, 01/09/2014 08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kxthor911

I know there has been a few new peeps asking how the googleherfs work. Nathan would you be willing to draw up a sticky on it? Thanks sir.  
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Jackal

Good idea.  I am not a newbie, and I don't even know how they work.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

johncw

yea I would like to know how it works and join if possible.

Cfickter

QuoteJackal - 1/10/2014  12:22 AM  Good idea.  I am not a newbie, and I don't even know how they work.

X@, I would love to know

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

Here's how they work:  If Nick is online, we all make fun of him because he always smokes from "his bathroom" and he looks like he's pushing one out.  If Nick's offline, we still all make fun of Nick because he always smokes from "his bathroom" and he looks like he's pushing one out.  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

kxthor911

Bruce your just mad cause your old and have trouble pushing out anything these days.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

nwb

Chief of Shaft

amigodecigars

QuoteBrlesq - 1/10/2014  6:19 AM  Here's how they work:  If Nick is online, we all make fun of him because he always smokes from "his bathroom" and he looks like he's pushing one out.  If Nick's offline, we still all make fun of Nick because he always smokes from "his bathroom" and he looks like he's pushing one out.  :biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

nwb

Ok folks, a rough draft is here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27232.0

It is a sticky thread that no one can edit, so it can be used as a reference in case anyone asks.

Bruce, Nick, and anyone else who has done a lot of these - take a look and send me anything I missed.  I know at some point, you have to download some software, but I can't remember at what point during the process.  Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated!
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Quotekxthor911 - 1/9/2014  8:30 PM

Bruce your just mad cause your old and have trouble pushing out anything these days.

Heh!  :biggrin:

I don't think Bruce is old enough to join the Geezer Club yet...but that will change...inevitably!

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

kxthor911

QuoteKen Kelley - 1/10/2014  8:21 AM  
Quotekxthor911 - 1/9/2014  8:30 PM  Bruce your just mad cause your old and have trouble pushing out anything these days.
Heh!  :biggrin:    I don't think Bruce is old enough to join the Geezer Club yet...but that will change...inevitably!  

We all either get old or die. So I'm sure he hopes to continue to get old  :biggrin: ... Hey Bruce if you choose the second option can I have some of your cigars  :dancing:  

PETE314

QuoteBrlesq - 1/10/2014  8:19 AM  Here's how they work:  If Nick is online, we all make fun of him because he always smokes from "his bathroom" and he looks like he's pushing one out.  If Nick's offline, we still all make fun of Nick because he always smokes from "his bathroom" and he looks like he's pushing one out.  :biggrin:
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Pretty soon I will have a hotspot on my phone and I will be able to use my tablet at the Cigar Club(no internet yet).....It's been too freaking COLD to broadcast in the garage lately....

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

SenorPablo

Thanks Nathan.  Very helpful!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Ntxsage

:lmao: at all of y'all....hilarious.

Nick made gherfs big at geeks, and they're definitely interesting, especially when he's around.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

BewareDaPenguin

This is very cool I will have 2 try sometime! Thanks for the sticky post!!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

freakydeakydutchman

hahahahahahahaha too funny!!!
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

mess24

this is some funny stuff

mpurtle01

Quotekxthor911 - 1/10/2014  12:30 PM

I have several fixes for that...  I'm trained!  :thumbsup:

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nwb

If anyone uses my guide to sign up and participate in a video chat, please let me know if there are any gaps in the process.  It has been a while since I signed up.
Chief of Shaft

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Longhorn

Quotenwb - 1/10/2014  2:40 PM

If anyone uses my guide to sign up and participate in a video chat, please let me know if there are any gaps in the process.  It has been a while since I signed up.

It looked good - once on the veterans will educate you on all the Google Hangout settings... like muting one another!

Brlesq

QuoteLonghorn - 1/10/2014  4:09 PM

It looked good - once on the veterans will educate you on all the Google Hangout settings... like muting one another!

What did you say?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

QuoteLonghorn - 1/10/2014  4:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm hoping it works to drive a little more participation!
Chief of Shaft

conditionZero

Some guys have mentioned using their phone for this. How do you do it on an Android? Certain app required, or will it work on the Google+ website as described above?
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.