Disposable Torch Lighter

Started by 05Venturer, 01/12/2014 05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

What is a good disposable torch lighter? Looking for something to toss in the vehicles and not worry about losing?
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

I think the concensus will be Ronson Jetlites, have two around myself
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

QuoteStogieDad - 1/12/2014  8:59 PM  I think the concensus will be Ronson Jetlites, have two around myself

X2. Great lighter, will hold up for you

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ROTHNH

QuoteStogieDad - 1/12/2014  8:59 PM

I think the concensus will be Ronson Jetlites, have two around myself

Agreed.

Better yet, Ronson (now owned by Zippo BTW) makes a refillable all-metal JetLite that sells for $7 or $8.  Great for cigars but unlike the package says, it's not made for lighting pipes.

Oh, and if you go for the refillable, used a 3X-5X refined butane fuel, such as Vector or Xikar.

05Venturer

I have a Jetlite on the way!!
Made an offer and got it for $7.30 with free shipping and used my ebay bucks and payed a whopping $1.69
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ROTHNH

Quote05Venturer - 1/17/2014  8:47 PM

I have a Jetlite on the way!!
Made an offer and got it for $7.30 with free shipping and used my ebay bucks and payed a whopping $1.69

Nice score, Kent!

Cigars International sells a 2-pack of the Jetline 5X premium butane 13 ounce cans for $13:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/butane/38455/jetline-butane-fuel-can/#p-99646

Add a couple two packs of butane to a daily Joe Cigar offer and get free shipping on the entire order:

http://www.joecigar.com/

05Venturer

Just wanted to say Thanks for the Jetlite recommendation, I got it the other day and it seems like a great torch so far.
Thanks for the help friends.
Kent

ROTHNH

Quote05Venturer - 1/27/2014  2:42 PM

Just wanted to say Thanks for the Jetlite recommendation, I got it the other day and it seems like a great torch so far.
Thanks for the help friends.

Great to hear, Kent! Happy you're pleased with it :-)

05Venturer

Still have this lighter in the trunk of my bike, great recommendation from my Geek buds.
Kent

appollo

Have a couple myself,work great. :-)

toby2

my favorite cheap lighter for on the go is the Xikar Stratosphere. i paid under $20 shipped for mine and it is the most reliable lighter i've ever had. it even works in freezing temps. it's a high altitude so maybe that's why?

Vroomp

Still the only lighter that has NEVER let me down~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.