One of every cigar

Started by cigarlover_89, 02/10/2014 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cigarlover_89

Hey all. I was wondering in the cigar database, if there was a way to bulk add every cigar rather than individually at a time so instead of adding what I have had or have at the time, I can have a list that I can just check off when I try the cigar?

Or does anyone have a list like that?

Thanks guys!

nwb

Unfortunately, there is no bulk upload feature.  You have to add each individually.  Once you have the inputs uploaded, it is very easy to maintain (IMHO).

A lot of work up front, but easy on the back end.
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

With a database currently at 41342 individual entries, and more going in every day, I don't think that this would be possible.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Joelala

Welcome to the site.

As far as I know, each cigar is entered individually unless you have multiples of the same cigar. This database is pretty amazing and it works very well. Once you get everything entered, its a nice thing to have IMO.
Joe

conditionZero

Welcome to Cigar Geeks. I can't help you with your request, but I would like to say that that is one helluva lofty goal.

Since the database is constantly being added to, your imported list would be dated before long. Just a thought.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

LawDaddy

A list like that would probably be pretty valuable.  Especially to someone else trying to create their own database.

Cfickter

I don't think there is a search feature in the virtual humi. That might make it difficult to locate cigars
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/10/2014  4:28 PM

A list like that would probably be pretty valuable.  Especially to someone else trying to create their own database.

Very good point.... :shades:
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

QuoteCfickter - 2/10/2014  2:36 PM

I don't think there is a search feature in the virtual humi. That might make it difficult to locate cigars

There is a search in the VH, as well as a way to sort by date, age, quantity and cost.

You can also export to Excel by hitting the Export button, in case you want to do any advanced sorting.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.