Newbie Trade?

Started by sherman, 02/23/2014 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherman

OK, brand new to the site but have some experience on other cigar forums.  Looking to earn my bones and make some friends in my early days here.  Love trying new cigars and seeing what other people like.  Looking for a volunteer(s) for a Newbie Trade.  I'll send my end out first of course.  Looks like a great bunch of guys here from what I have read so far.  Looking forward to getting involved in the forums.

Anyone interested just let me know and I will get my side side of the trade out asap.  Thank You

BewareDaPenguin

Lol awesome! Yeah I did the same when I joined! I'm sure u will get a lesson in geek math lol! Also u will want 2 get ur address updated in ur profile only geeks w 100 points can c it, u also might consider opening up ur humidor so ppl can check out ur sticks! Also if ur offering up some sticks a pic is helpful! Otherwise I'd highly suggest making ur humi open 2 members unless u can find somebody who will go on a "blind" trade w u!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

sherman

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 2/23/2014  6:43 PM

Lol awesome! Yeah I did the same when I joined! I'm sure u will get a lesson in geek math lol! Also u will want 2 get ur address updated in ur profile only geeks w 100 points can c it, u also might consider opening up ur humidor so ppl can check out ur sticks! Also if ur offering up some sticks a pic is helpful! Otherwise I'd highly suggest making ur humi open 2 members unless u can find somebody who will go on a "blind" trade w u!

OK, thanks for the advice.  Trying to get up to speed on the how things work around here so I will update my profile and open my humidor.  I stumbled on this site since I was trying to find an inventory app/site for my cigars since I seem to forget what I have in the coolers and humidors these days.  I will work on getting it updated.  I am open to criticism, so I appreciate any direction.  Thanks

Otter

Carl I am game... plus I agree with what Adam said you should open up your humidor so we can see what kind of stuff you like.
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

BewareDaPenguin

No harm no foul buddy I'm new 2 lol! Bunch of great ppl on here! I joined only last month n quickly been gtg 2 know the group! The virtual humidor is great n u can c that there's a lot of ppl who just use that when they register & don't actually post on the site! The app is also great when u r at ur B&M (brick & mortor) lkg 4 sticks there's a ton of cigars in the database. Hope u got some thick skin there's a lot of jokers around these parts! But there's a ton of knowledge on here so enjoy!

LawDaddy

I'm is as well, if you want to do more than one.

sherman

QuoteOtter - 2/23/2014  6:57 PM

Carl I am game... plus I agree with what Adam said you should open up your humidor so we can see what kind of stuff you like.

Sounds good.  Added some stock to my humidor and listed it for members to view.  I will update it with the rest soon.  Let me know if you can't view it.  PM me your address.  I will take a look at your humidor and put a package together.  If you see anything in mine that you would like to try, just let me know.

sherman

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/23/2014  7:19 PM

I'm is as well, if you want to do more than one.

Sure.  I'll take a look at your humidor and send a package out.  If you see anything in mine you would like to try just let me know.  Not fully updated yet, but working on it.  Thanks

Otter

Quotesherman - 2/23/2014  7:29 PM

QuoteOtter - 2/23/2014  6:57 PM

Sounds good.  Added some stock to my humidor and listed it for members to view.  I will update it with the rest soon.  Let me know if you can't view it.  PM me your address.  I will take a look at your humidor and put a package together.  If you see anything in mine that you would like to try, just let me know.

Sounds fun... you should be able to see my address by clicking my username but I will PM it too just in case.
R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

nirab

If you want another geek to trade with, I'm interested as well.  :-)  You got some great geeks trading with you already, so no worries if you don't.  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sherman

Quotenirab - 2/23/2014  9:42 PM

If you want another geek to trade with, I'm interested as well.  :-)  You got some great geeks trading with you already, so no worries if you don't.  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Sure, I guess I can handle 1 more.  I'll draw the line at 3 so the wife doesn't throw me out with more packages leaving and showing up.  PM me your address and I will get the three packages out tomorrow and post DC numbers.

Thanks Guys.

StogieDad

Well played guys.  I love newbie blind trades!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bmac7754

Very nice guys.  I got a feeling some schooling coming from these 3
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

sjn1117

Yeah those are definitely three hard hitters there! This should be fun to watch! :bigthumbs:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

sherman

Quotesjn1117 - 2/23/2014  11:34 PM

Yeah those are definitely three hard hitters there! This should be fun to watch! :bigthumbs:

Just my luck.  I am sure they will take it easy on a poor newbie though, right?

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

sjn1117

Quotesherman - 2/24/2014  6:38 AM  
Quotesjn1117 - 2/23/2014  11:34 PM  Yeah those are definitely three hard hitters there! This should be fun to watch! :bigthumbs:
Just my luck.  I am sure they will take it easy on a poor newbie though, right?
Doubtful buddy! No one here can add for crap!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

sherman

OK, these should be wheels up this afternoon.  Looking through the humidors trying to find something these boys Don't have was a task in itself.  Do love the virtual humidor feature though.  Hopefully I found something you will enjoy.

Now I will retreat and start barricading myself in.

Thanks

9405 9036 9930 0130 8851 61
9405 9036 9930 0130 8851 23
9405 9036 9930 0130 8851 47

LawDaddy

Looking forward to it.

You need to get your address placed on your profile.

sherman

QuoteLawDaddy - 2/24/2014  1:35 PM

Looking forward to it.

You need to get your address placed on your profile.

Updated.  I had it on there but did not have the checkbox selected to allow access.

Thanks

Otter

I got Carl's side of the trade today, cool selection... I will go through and pick some goodies to send back his way :-)

R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

BewareDaPenguin

Ahhh nice job! Way to go Carl!

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.