Flatbed Cigar Company order closed

Started by johncw, 02/26/2014 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

I've heard some really great things about their cigars and no one around here sells these. I was thinking of purchasing Panacea Red (habano) and Panacea Black (maduro)... I've expanded to include Black traditional and Green Pennsylvania Broadleaf
I was just going to do a 4 cigar sampler of both but thought I would check in here to see if there was any interest in doing a box or crate split on either before I made an order.

I don't have any special pricing or anything and would just sell based on the cost per cigar on the box or crate which looks like it averages around $6.30 a cigar. Plus shipping 5.80 for the flat rate box. $10 for Canada sounds to be the norm. Update Sounds like we have a 25% off coupon so the price should be even better!!!

Like I said I'm just gauging if there is any interest in this.

Thanks,
John

Brlesq

The owner, Paul Bush, is a great guy and sponsored a Geek Critique for me here in 2011.

Before you order, look around on the web for a discount code for the site.  Typically you can find one for 20-25% off.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

LawDaddy

Possibly interested here

Ken Kelley

That's a good bunch right there. My favorite is the Panacea Red. Yum! Can't go wrong with any of their offerings.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Jackal

Flatbed makes great tasting, excellently constructed sticks.  I love the Panacea black.

I just wish that they would go back to their old bands, which I think were quite attractive.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

StogieDad

Are you looking to buy a box of each or just one?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

CrazyK

Quotejohncw - 2/26/2014  2:05 PM

I've heard some really great things about their cigars and no one around here sells these. I was thinking of purchasing Panacea Red 560 (habano) and Panacea Black 560 (maduro)
I was just going to do a 4 cigar sampler of both but thought I would check in here to see if there was any interest in doing a box or crate split on either before I made an order.

I don't have any special pricing or anything and would just sell based on the cost per cigar on the box or crate which looks like it averages around $6.30 a cigar. Plus shipping 5.80 for the flat rate box.
Sorry Canada but I'm going to keep this to the US unless someone can explain a way to get cheaper shipping.

Like I said I'm just gauging if there is any interest in this.

Thanks,
John

I figured I would answer your cheaper shipping option to Canada. Main thing is to stay away from the Flat Rate postage, and just go with International First Class. If you want to use the flat rate boxes, just wrap it in brown paper. A small flat-rate sized box shouldn't cost you more than $10 to ship.
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 2/26/2014  2:26 PM

Flatbed makes great tasting, excellently constructed sticks.  I love the Panacea black.

I just wish that they would go back to their old bands, which I think were quite attractive.

A few years ago Paul told me there was a trademark lawsuit filed by Padilla against them for those old bands and their shirt logos.  He finally decided it would be cheaper to change the logos and bands rather than fight it out.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

tvolball

I would be willing to go in on a box split(10) of the Black Maduro. I would also like to try the Black Natural if anybody is up for a split on those also. I prefer the Torpedo or Robusto size.

Also I found a coupon code for 25% off in February so this would have to happen quick. That should equal out to around $43.50(Torpedo) per 10 pack or $40.10(Robusto) per 10 pack plus shipping. Not a bad deal
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Rbrushaber

that is one fine cigar company and the owner is AWSOME...use order code friends25 to get a discount on your order....BTW his "mistakes" are actually awesome bargains as all I have ever gotten was maybe a scuffed foot...I cannot say enough good things about the owner
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

nwb

Very good cigars.  The Red is my favorite out of their offerings I've tried.
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

QuoteBrlesq - 2/26/2014  11:32 AM

A few years ago Paul told me there was a trademark lawsuit filed by Padilla against them for those old bands and their shirt logos.  He finally decided it would be cheaper to change the logos and bands rather than fight it out.

That's a shame, but I guess that they do look a bit like the old Padilla Habano (which isn't even made any more).  Now with Padilla doing everything in a lion motif, it is kind of a moot point.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

johncw

QuoteStogieDad - 2/26/2014  1:27 PM

Are you looking to buy a box of each or just one?

I was looking to buy at least 1 box of each (red and black/maduro) or more depending on demand here. I was going to keep at least 5 of each for myself and up to 10 depending on how it split up.

coupon of 25% off would make this even better thanks

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 2/26/2014  2:56 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 2/26/2014  11:32 AM

That's a shame, but I guess that they do look a bit like the old Padilla Habano (which isn't even made any more).  Now with Padilla doing everything in a lion motif, it is kind of a moot point.

The Achilles used a similar "P" as well.  But again, now a moot point.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

StogieDad

I'd be interested in up to a fiver of each.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

QuoteCrazyK - 2/26/2014  1:29 PM

I figured I would answer your cheaper shipping option to Canada. Main thing is to stay away from the Flat Rate postage, and just go with International First Class. If you want to use the flat rate boxes, just wrap it in brown paper. A small flat-rate sized box shouldn't cost you more than $10 to ship.

If that is the case I know that is expensive shipping but would open this to Canadian friends for $10 shipping.

tvolball

Ok so that gives us a box of the Black Maduro John 5, Michael 5, Troy 10. And then John and Michael 5 each on the Red. Come on geeks jump in on this

tvolball

I guess everybody should agree on a size

StogieDad

Quotetvolball - 2/26/2014  3:23 PM

I'm open on that, just want to try them.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

QuoteStogieDad - 2/26/2014  2:29 PM

Quotetvolball - 2/26/2014  3:23 PM

I'm open on that, just want to try them.

Agreed... 1 box of black maduro robusto 5 (John), 5 (Michael), 10 (Troy)

1 box of red robusto 5 (John), 5 (Michael), 10 outstanding

Also if anyone is interested in splitting with Troy (10) on the Black Traditional.

I'll check back here later tonight.

conditionZero

These look good, but I absolutely cannot purchase another cigar until I sell one of my children.
--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Brlesq

QuoteconditionZero - 2/26/2014  4:03 PM

These look good, but I absolutely cannot purchase another cigar until I sell one of my children.

Boy or girl??  I need another one of those to help with the snow shoveling.  Kent needs one of them, too!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

StogieDad

QuoteBrlesq - 2/26/2014  4:30 PM

QuoteconditionZero - 2/26/2014  4:03 PM

Boy or girl??  I need another one of those to help with the snow shoveling.  Kent needs one of them, too!

:lmao:
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

conditionZero

QuoteBrlesq - 2/26/2014  3:30 PM  
QuoteconditionZero - 2/26/2014  4:03 PM  These look good, but I absolutely cannot purchase another cigar until I sell one of my children.

I have 'em in all shapes and sizes. For you, I'll even swap for a bottle of that Van Winkle. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Vroomp

QuoteBrlesq - 2/26/2014  4:30 PM  
QuoteconditionZero - 2/26/2014  4:03 PM  These look good, but I absolutely cannot purchase another cigar until I sell one of my children.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.