Favorites trade!

Started by mcconnaugheya, 02/27/2014 01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcconnaugheya

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur cigars! These are my favorite sticks and I'd like to trade with someone. Anyone interested? Three of my favs for three of your! :)

StogieDad

Thats a way to earn some cred!  As a newbie, my suggestion would be to offer to send your 3 (maybe make it a 5er to make postage worth it) up front, and have the other person return fire.  I am sure someone will take care of you real nice. :biggrin:

I would, but I have just had too much going in and out lately, darn near overwhelmed.

Good luck!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

mcconnaugheya

Is that like a bomb or something? I can do five! I've got 8 just sitting there. Unfortunately my B&M only has so much stock and I want to try some different cigars.

StogieDad

Kind of a blind trade.  It doesn't have to be all 5 the same.  You could send the 3 you wanted and 2 of anything else.  Once the geek that takes you up on it recieves, thye can send you five cigars back.  Good way to show you are legit.  I am sure someone will take you up on it.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

There you go buddy! Exactly how I started earning cred on here as well! I'm in the midst of 2-3 trades 3 passes and moderating a pass or I would work with you as well lol...I'm sure there's a geek that will help you out tho, like StogieDad said!

And to answer your question...No it would still be a trade but since you are new it's customary for the Newb to fire there end off 1st so they can build some cred with the group!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteStogieDad - 2/27/2014  3:38 PM

Kind of a blind trade.  It doesn't have to be all 5 the same.  You could send the 3 you wanted and 2 of anything else.  Once the geek that takes you up on it recieves, thye can send you five cigars back.  Good way to show you are legit.  I am sure someone will take you up on it.

x2....good luck!!

mcconnaugheya

Anybody who is interested just let me know, I'll be giving out 5 now. 5 Excalibur cigars! These are my absolute favorites!

conditionZero

Quotemcconnaugheya - 2/27/2014  3:32 PM  Is that like a bomb or something? I can do five! I've got 8 just sitting there. Unfortunately my B&M only has so much stock and I want to try some different cigars.

I agree that less than five isn't worth it, due to the cost of shipping, unless they're some pretty expensive sticks. 

A "bomb" is simply sending someone an unexpected gift. A "blind trade" is when you send the sticks you're trying to trade to a geek, who then sends you five sticks of his/her choosing. Blind trades are a pretty good bet around here, as these guys are known to take care of each other, and us new guys, pretty damm well.

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

StogieDad

QuoteconditionZero - 2/27/2014  4:55 PM

Blind trades are a pretty good bet around here, as these guys are known to take care of each other, and us new guys, pretty damm well.

Joe, you are not a newbie once you go past 30 feeback I think :lmao:  :biggrin:
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

conditionZero

QuoteStogieDad - 2/27/2014  3:58 PM  
QuoteconditionZero - 2/27/2014  4:55 PM  Blind trades are a pretty good bet around here, as these guys are known to take care of each other, and us new guys, pretty damm well.

Joe, you are not a newbie once you go past 30 feeback I think :lmao:  :biggrin:

I'm a newbie until there's another 'noob to newbie' pass. I saw how the last one went, and I don't want to be left out of that! 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Longhorn

Quotemcconnaugheya - 2/27/2014  4:27 PM

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur cigars! These are my favorite sticks and I'd like to trade with someone. Anyone interested? Three of my favs for three of your! :)

I'll trade with you.  As the others noted, make it a fiver and we're on!

I'll PM my address to you - once the sticks arrive, I'll shoot a package back to you.  Just give me some hints on what you like or are hoping to try.

Should be fun!

StogieDad

Anthony, take it easy on Brad.  :biggrin:  Have fun.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 2/27/2014  5:19 PM

I thought you were going to hop in this train...  :shades:

StogieDad

QuoteLonghorn - 2/27/2014  5:20 PM

Haha, I just sent a newbie (sauraspop) a return trade yesterday.... :shy:
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 2/27/2014  5:22 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 2/27/2014  5:20 PM

Haha, I just sent a newbie (sauraspop) a return trade yesterday.... :shy:

That arsenal you've got?  You could be the official "newbie" welcoming committee!  :biggrin:

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

conditionZero

QuoteLonghorn - 2/27/2014  4:23 PM   That arsenal you've got?  You could be the official "newbie" welcoming committee!  :biggrin:

I thought he was.  :confused:  

--JOE--

mcconnaugheya

Alright! Five wonderful Excaliburs coming your way tomorrow! I hope you enjoy these sticks as much I do!

mcconnaugheya

First trade started! Been on this site for a while and kept to myself, that's ends today!

conditionZero

Quotemcconnaugheya - 2/27/2014  4:34 PM  First trade started! Been on this site for a while and kept to myself, that's ends today!  

And you got ahelluva geek to do your first trade with. 

--JOE--

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteconditionZero - 2/27/2014  4:36 PM

Quotemcconnaugheya - 2/27/2014  4:34 PM  First trade started! Been on this site for a while and kept to myself, that's ends today!  

And you got ahelluva geek to do your first trade with. 

No kidding!  :-)

Congrats! Enjoy the trade!

I've been hearing about these "Newbie Passes" as well and I think I fall in that category too Joe  :biggrin:

Vroomp

Can't wait to see the results of this "trade"..... :shades:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

mcconnaugheya

Shipped! Should be there March 3rd, Longhorn!!!

Longhorn

Reposting as it looks like the previous one was lost when the servers were moved...  Anthony sent these sticks my way and got them earlier this week and they earned him his first "Feedback Stripe!"   Thanks!   :-)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.