Trade with Metalhead

Started by sjn1117, 02/27/2014 06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjn1117

Though I am a true cigar "addict", I recently started venturing into the world of pipe smoking. I've discovered that I like it though I'm clueless about the different tobacco and blends but thanks to Bryan, metalheadycigarguy, I am on my way to learning. Bryan jumped on a trade for some pipe baccy and really hooked me up. Hope my end impresses as much as his did!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

bmac7754

Looks like allot of great stuff.  Well done..
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

akira

Very cool!  I've always wanted to get better acquainted with the various pipe tobaccos.  One of these days...
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

metalhead y cigarguy

Glad your package arrived!  Hope you find something you like. Have fun sampling and enjoy your pipe journey.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

DonM

You pipe guys are gonna get me started........sweet trade!

"The Curmudgeon"

tvolball

Kinda looks like a drug deal
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

DonM

Quotetvolball - 2/28/2014  7:09 AM

:lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Otter

Quotetvolball - 2/28/2014  7:09 AM

:lmao:
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

nirab

Nice! I've been wanting to try this pipe business for a while now. I've got a $20 gift card to CI, maybe I should just jump in. Any ideas on what would be a decent starter pipe? And what tobacco to start with?  :confused:  :shades:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sjn1117

Quotenirab - 2/28/2014  8:42 AM  Nice! I've been wanting to try this pipe business for a while now. I've got a $20 gift card to CI, maybe I should just jump in. Any ideas on what would be a decent starter pipe? And what tobacco to start with?  :confused:  :shades:
I'm just learning this stuff myself. You can spend hundreds on a pipe!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

metalhead y cigarguy

Quotenirab - 2/28/2014  6:42 AM

Nice! I've been wanting to try this pipe business for a while now. I've got a $20 gift card to CI, maybe I should just jump in. Any ideas on what would be a decent starter pipe? And what tobacco to start with?  :confused:  :shades:

Personally, I would start with a Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob Pipe.  They will give you the true flavor of the tobacco, you can smoke different types of tobacco in them without distorting the taste of other tobaccos smoked in them, and they're cheap.  I have 8 cobs and I think they're great. Of course I have briar pipes and real meerschaum pipes too, but cobs are a great way to get started. Plus if you don't care for it you're not out a bunch of money for a pipe you're not going to use.

I really like the following tobaccos, and mostly prefer English, Virginia and non-aromatic blends.  
Seattle Pipe Club - Mississippi River
Seattle Pipe Club - Plum Pudding
McClelland - Blue Mountain
McClelland - Frog Morton: Cellar
McClelland - Frog Morton: On the Town
Samuel Gawith - Perfection
Samuel Gawith - Skiff Mixture
Samuel Gawith - Squadron Leader
Peter Stokkebye - Balkan Supreme
Peter Stokkebye - Luxary Navy Flake
G.L. Pease - Gas Light
Escudo - Navy De Lux
Davidoff - Flake Medallions

Peter Stokkebye - Luxary Twist Flake
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.