Back up!

Started by SenorPablo, 03/07/2014 06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi Folks.  I think we are finally back up and running.  I'm am sure there are things I missed and we'll have to dial in as we find them since this was done in such a disorganized way.  Pass them on to me via PM as you find them.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

StogieDad

Woo hoo!!!!!  Great job Paul!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

CrazyK

Sweet!!! Thanks for all your hard work Paul! I never realized what a big part of my day this site was!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

SenorPablo

BTW...More notes on this...

The server finally went kaput!  Luckily we could see it coming so I started preparing for it by grabbing all the latest content I could.  But, once it did finally die, I could no longer get a cut of the latest database.  So we might have lost the last few days where the site was very unstable anyways.  I had to roll back to the last nightly backup I was able to successfully pull down.  So yes, some data during those flaky days are gone.  Don't ask about getting it back.

There was approximately 30,000 files that ahd to be transferred over and it is possible some may have gotten lost in the frantic shuffle to the new server.  PM with any forum pics/attachments that seem missing and i'll see if I can locate them.

Finally, thanks for hanging in there folks.  Its been a long couple of days and I need some sleep.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

Thanks Paul!  I know it has been a headache, and we appreciate all the hard work.
Chief of Shaft

tvolball

:cheer:  :victory:  :cheer:  :thanx:  :usa:  :cheer:  :cool:  :party:  :party:  :party:
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

sjn1117

Paul your awesome!  It's great to have home again!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

05Venturer

QuoteCrazyK - 3/7/2014  8:45 AM

Sweet!!! Thanks for all your hard work Paul! I never realized what a big part of my day this site was!

Agreed 1000%
Thanks Paul  :bow:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

conditionZero

Is it safe to come out now?

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Brlesq

Thank you for all of your effort putting the pieces back together, Paul!  :bigthumbs:

Brad and I have been organizing a rag-tag fleet (kinda like Battlestar Galactica) on the outside world to keep in touch with each other while this tragic event unfolded.  We've even got a Google Herf scheduled for tonight, which was probably going to seem like a wake, but now can be a celebration instead!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Bob Cordell

There was a thread on Face-space about what happened, I had my own theories...

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Mojo66

Thanks so much Paul, desperately needed my CG fix.

Your Karma's good for a couple of lifetimes....
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Joelala

Man this is great
Joe

nwb

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/7/2014  10:04 AM
There was a thread on Face-space about what happened, I had my own theories...

:lmao:  :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

lubrix

Thanks for your efforts!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

BewareDaPenguin

:bow:  thanks Paul!! Love the site! Excited it's back up and in action!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

johncw

Great Job Paul!!!

Handlera

Site looks great! I know it was a lot of hard work and the effort is much appreciated!

Caveman Steve

Thank Yew!.....Thank Yew very much!
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

williegstyles

I was beginning to think I broke the server with my 9 PIF's in less than a second. Thanks for your hard work admin/mods in getting the site up and running again.
Gregory

sauraspop

So happy to be back online. Now if I can only remember what I smoked during downtime to update my VH.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

LawDaddy

Excellent!  Thank god for Facebook letting me know the place was coming back.  Every night I smoked a cigar and didn't have anyone to tell about it.

nwb

Quotesauraspop - 3/7/2014  11:50 AM

So happy to be back online. Now if I can only remember what I smoked during downtime to update my VH.

For that very reason, I kept a list of what I smoked....
Chief of Shaft

Mautrak

Good work, Paul.  I have a geek critique review that's about due, and I was worried that Nathan was going to come to my door and ask why I hadn't posted it yet.  Who cares if the site was down?  Post it!

Now that I'm safe from that horror, and knowing that you were part of the KGB instead of the NSA, I feel much better.    :biggrin:

MT21

Wow!  It was like having a power outage & randomly try the light switch to see if the lights came back on.

Thanks Paul for everything.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.