Springtime Just for the Helluvit Pass

Started by 05Venturer, 03/15/2014 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Springtime Just for the Helluvit Pass'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

FYI any international members will be playing "virtually" to reduce risk of customs issues.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

Thanks for letting me play.

Hope this really brings Spring along, at least to us in states and provinces that get cold weather in winter and desperately need warmth after so much snow and cold.

With yet freezing conditions and more snow in the forecast for the near future, here's to hoping I'll be smoking my takes from this pass outside, without 50 pounds of winter clothing and equipment on. :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

05Venturer

QuoteMojo66 - 3/15/2014  6:29 PM

Thanks for letting me play.

Hope this really brings Spring along, at least to us in states and provinces that get cold weather in winter and desperately need warmth after so much snow and cold.

With yet freezing conditions and more snow in the forecast for the near future, here's to hoping I'll be smoking my takes from this pass outside, without 50 pounds of winter clothing and equipment on. :biggrin:

Agree 1000% brother we need a spring break here too!!!!
Kent

ricanoskr

I'm a new member and would love to partake. these cigar passes seem like such a fun experience. I am currently deployed in afghanistan but i cannot wait to get home and take part in a cigar pass

05Venturer

Quotericanoskr - 3/16/2014  2:10 AM

I'm a new member and would love to partake. these cigar passes seem like such a fun experience. I am currently deployed in afghanistan but i cannot wait to get home and take part in a cigar pass

And we will be glad to have you my friend!!!!! Hell, we could even start up a pass to celebrate you being back stateside
Thank you for your service  :usa:
Kent

benchjockey

Quotericanoskr - 3/16/2014  3:10 AM  I'm a new member and would love to partake. these cigar passes seem like such a fun experience. I am currently deployed in afghanistan but i cannot wait to get home and take part in a cigar pass

Welcome to the site from South Florida, Oscar!

I'm looking forward getting involved in a pass with you when you get home.

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

StogieDad

Quotericanoskr - 3/16/2014  3:10 AM

Welcome!  Introduce yourself on the new member thread.   Lots of great geeks to meet on here!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ricanoskr

That sounds awesome, thank you all for the welcome. I'm due back in september of this year and am looking forward to doing a cigar pass with everyone!!

hebron

Quote05Venturer - 3/16/2014  12:04 AM

FYI any international members will be playing "virtually" to reduce risk of customs issues.
I'd love to partake in a pass some day, when I am good and ready ;-)

The playing "virtually" term was introduced to me in a herf last Friday. But could someone elaborate a bit on how it actually works?
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

05Venturer

Quotehebron - 3/16/2014  10:08 AM

Quote05Venturer - 3/16/2014  12:04 AM

I'd love to partake in a pass some day, when I am good and ready ;-)

The playing "virtually" term was introduced to me in a herf last Friday. But could someone elaborate a bit on how it actually works?

"In order to avoid to have the whole pass box cross borders, international geeks play virtually meaning that, usually placed at the end of the pass, we ship our puts to the organizer (05 venturer in this case) once he gets the box back and he (05venturer) then sends us our takes.

That way we can still play but only a low amount of sticks actually make it across borders.

It's pretty common around here, I've seen it happen here with folks from Canada, Korea, Norway and other places without a glitch."
Kent

hebron

Aha, thanks for clearing that up Kent :-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

05Venturer

We have 8 in so far :dancing:
Would like to get 12 more by the 20th and get this baby rolling  :rocker:
Kent

IndyGopher

I'd love to get in if you'll have me!

LawDaddy

IndyGopher

QuoteIndyGopher - 3/16/2014  5:07 PM

I'd love to get in if you'll have me!

Gracias for the invite!  Looking forward to another fun pass!
!

05Venturer

My plan will be to wait until the 20th and if we do not have a full 20 participants I will fire it up with the amount signed up. I have pretty much all the starter sticks figured out already.
 Per input from my Felliw Geeks I will be finding a bit larger container than what I had picked out, input was greatly appreciated.  ;-)
Kent

Mojo66

Bump for the evening crowd (if I may)  :bump:

Come on geeks, the more the merrier

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Cfickter

Would love to but just finished two with one more to go.  Thanks, but I think I will need to pass on this one, but let me know if you run short of participants
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Blgove

Thanks for having me! I feel badly for guys like Mojo66. It's been in the 70's here in Northern CA :biggrin:

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee hapiness, only the pursuit of it.  You have to catch up with it yourself"  

Benjamin Franklin

Mojo66

QuoteBlgove - 3/19/2014  1:13 AM  Thanks for having me! I feel badly for guys like Mojo66. It's been in the 70's here in Northern CA :biggrin:    

Rub it in Bruce... while you can. With global warming, one day it'll be us laughing. Granted that may take a century or two, but one day it will snow in Cali and we'll get tropical weather :biggrin:

Joelala

I orignally said yes to the pass on the last thread, but after the last 2 days I am going to sit this one out.
Joe

05Venturer

QuoteJoelala - 3/19/2014  9:18 AM

I orignally said yes to the pass on the last thread, but after the last 2 days I am going to sit this one out.

Hope its not something I said or did buddy  :confused:
Kent

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.