It's April 14th...have you filed your taxes yet?

Started by Ken Kelley, 04/14/2014 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Sat down and put the finishing touches on mine this afternoon and sent the return off with the click of a mouse. I can't stand filing my tax return early because I have owed some for the past several years and I can't abide letting the gubmint earn interest on what I give them so the yahoos we elected can shovel more money into the entitlement furnace or buy more pork for their homefolks.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Cfickter

Yep, all done money in the bank. Did both daughters also
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 4/14/2014  2:40 PM

Yep, all done money in the bank. Did both daughters also

you did what??  :shy:  :shy:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DonM

It's been done with a return in the bank. It paid for most of my AC system. I have owed in years past, I have more
Deducted so it don't ever happen again, it sux to owe.

"The Curmudgeon"

Mojo66

I owe so I'm in no hurry, will file it on the very last day, April 30th
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

Done. Owed the state a little and the fed's owed me a little so I came out ok.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Ken Kelley

It's kind of funny how some things decreed by the fedural gubmint have flexible schedules for compliance and others don't! Guess it all depends on whether it's going to bring money into the pool or not! One thing that really got my attention was that the federal credit for state sales tax has not yet been finalized in time for the filing season this year. If you want to take advantage of it you have to file an amendment to your federal return. Gives me a whole lot of confidence in the tax code!   :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Caveman Steve

Owe big this year.  I'm in big trouble with the wife.  Just smoking a cigar now is going to make me feel guilty!, let alone buying one.  Ugh!! 

:cry:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

nwb

Finished mine in February since I received a refund from both Federal and State.  Had I owed, I'd be filing today. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

toby2

yeah I paid into the redistribution fund today like every year.

cavenbk

Been done for about a month. Federal owed the wife and I. Wife owed local a whole whopping $2.00... Which we had to pay since apparently the cut-off is $1.00...Also owed the state a little bit. But got a nice federal return.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Rebecca Silverwolf

I have extra taken out of every check, so I never owe anything. Getting a little back, though not nearly as much as past years.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

DonM

Haven't filed yet?  You are late!  The IRS is sure to give you some love when you file :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

Vroomp

I am sure my accountant has filed my extension as usual... Some years I filed for a second extension and don't pay until October which, is quite legal and, used to allow for some interest to accrue during the interim. This year I have some heavy expenses(including my last trip to Puerto Rico) from one company I own that should balance out the other company and should net me a hefty return! :dancing:

Fortunately, I have arranged two business meetings in Puerto Rico again this year and hope to purchase a small piece of land there as well which means the trip will once again be a write-off! If we make our purchase, all subsequent trips will also be written-off to inspect our property each year!  :biggrin:

My accountant has a good saying for filing returns.... "The Hog gets slaughtered but the Pig is allowed to fatten......."

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

aflicted

I filed ours in February and got a return.  I used the money to get my house repainted and picked up my new Beretta 686 sporting.  I'll be changing our deductions this year.  I realized that we had not changed our deductions when we got married so I gave them a big interest free loan.

I just filed my grandmother's I have done it every year since my grandfather died.  Always gives me a chuckle when I put in her social security 'income' and watch it get taxed federally.  Nothing like laundering money through old people and calling it a public service.  She always comes out owing despite having a massive amount of deductions and charitable deductions, so I write the check every April 15th and drop it in the mail slot at work.

tvolball

Obama will be able to go to Hawaii again. I mailed my donation in.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

johncw

Completed in February. I usually don't wait around unless I owe.

Otter

86 Million makers supporting 148 Million takers...
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

1029henry

QuoteOtter - 4/16/2014  2:56 PM

86 Million makers supporting 148 Million takers...

Truth!!!!!!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

bmac7754

Did mine and now my extention gives me until Oct 15th to pay it.  Not a good year, made some changes and hopefully next year will be a little different.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.