CigarPlace.biz Poker Pass

Started by CigarPlace, 05/09/2014 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CigarPlace

Texas Holdem is the Game Folks

We have seats for 10 Players + CigarPlace.biz acting as the dealer)

How We'll Run Our Backroom Poker Game!

We're going to take a standard deck of cards and deal out 10 - 2 card hands, one for each player.
We will then stick these hands into numbered envelopes and seal them with tamper proof seals.
We will record what hand is in what number before we start the pass. We will deal the flop, the turn and the river into separate envelopes as well.

These cards will remain secret until the pass completes or we may reveal the flop and the turn after Stage 3 and Stage 6 but the best part about running the game this way is that even if someone were to cheat by looking at the cards, they still wouldn't know if they won until the end.

Cigar Pass Rules Portion
I will start the pass with 5 cigars in each level

Level 1 - $6-$9
Level 2 - $10-$15
Level 3 - $15+ or Ultra Rares/HTF

Puts/takes are limited to 3/person and must be replaced with like level cigar to the ones taken.
Please be kind to your fellow siblings of the leaf and keep it fair. Humidification is a must. If there is something wrong with the box/cigars please notify us immediately and we'll get it fixed.

Each player will select their take/puts and a random poker hand envelope select and then post their take/puts and post what number is on the envelope they took. After the last player has received the pass, it will then be returned to me.

Pass End

Each person will have already displayed their hands by posting when they receive the pass. Please feel free to post pics too. We will then display the flop, the turn, and the river to determine our winner.

The player with the best hand wins... all the cigars remaining at pass end and possibly more.

The Rules:
1. We're providing all postage needed for this pass. You'll find an envelope of labels inside the box with numbers on the back. Choose the lowest number when the box gets to you because that is the next person in the pass.
2. Must adhere to puts/takes rules above. (**)
3. USPS Priority boxes only. We'll probably use a medium flat-rate box for this in case you guys want to add stuff.
4. You must post pics
5. You must be able to send the pass off within 2-3 business days.
6. USA Residents only. (If there is enough interest for any one country, we'll consider creating a pass for your country.)
7. Must have at least 1 positive feedback, no negative feedback

For sign up. Please copy and paste the following list in your reply, adding your name and state of residence as well as signing up on the Cigar Pass Page offered

CigarPlace.biz - Dealer

Seat 1
Seat 2
Seat 3
Seat 4
Seat 5
Seat 6
Seat 7
Seat 8
Seat 9
Seat 10

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

Brlesq

Very cool idea.  Thanks for posting this here at CG.

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY
Seat 2
Seat 3
Seat 4
Seat 5
Seat 6
Seat 7
Seat 8
Seat 9
Seat 10
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

That looks interesting...thanks for hosting.  I like it.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nwb

Sounds cool.  I haven't (and don't normally) done a pass in a while, so I'll give it a go.  Thanks for coordinating!

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY
Seat 2 - nwb, GA
Seat 3
Seat 4
Seat 5
Seat 6
Seat 7
Seat 8
Seat 9
Seat 10
Chief of Shaft

c.petree.1

Sounds cool.  I haven't (and don't normally) done a pass in a while, so I'll give it a go.  Thanks for coordinating!

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY
Seat 2 - nwb, GA
Seat 3 - c.petree.1 GA
Seat 4
Seat 5
Seat 6
Seat 7
Seat 8
Seat 9
Seat 10

The Burn Ward

Interesting. Count me in.

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY
Seat 2 - nwb, GA
Seat 3 - c.petree.1 GA
Seat 4 - The Burn Ward, FL
Seat 5
Seat 6
Seat 7
Seat 8
Seat 9
Seat 10

05Venturer

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY
Seat 2 - nwb, GA
Seat 3 - c.petree.1 GA
Seat 5- 05venturer,WI
Seat 6
Seat 7
Seat 8
Seat 9
Seat 10
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bstessl

Quote05Venturer - 5/9/2014  12:20 PM  Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY

Seat 2 - nwb, GA

Seat3 - c.petree.1 GA 

Seat 5- 05venturer,WI

Seat 6- BStessl, IN

Seat 7

Seat 8

Seat 9

Seat 10

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nirab

05Venturer - 5/9/2014 12:20 PM

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY

Seat 2 - nwb, GA

Seat3 - c.petree.1 GA

Seat 5- 05venturer,WI

Seat 6- BStessl, IN

Seat 7- nirab, TX

Seat 8

Seat 9

Seat 10

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY

Seat 2 - nwb, GA

Seat3 - c.petree.1 GA

Seat 5- 05venturer,WI

Seat 6- BStessl, IN

Seat 7- nirab, TX

Seat 8 - StogieDad, GA

Seat 9

Seat 10
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Joelala

I would like a seat if you will have me, request sent
Joe

Joelala

Seat 1 - Brlesq, NY

Seat 2 - nwb, GA

Seat3 - c.petree.1 GA

Seat 5- 05venturer,WI

Seat 6- BStessl, IN

Seat 7- nirab, TX

Seat 8 - StogieDad, GA

Seat 9 - Joelala, IL

Seat 10

Joe

cavenbk

I wish I could fill that last seat! This looks like an absolutely fun pass. But with the new baby don't know that I have the time right now. Will be a fun one to watch though!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

scottvodka

this looks really fun! hope there's a next time for me to get in on.

tvolball

Yall need to request to join. Just say'n :biggrin:
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

scottvodka

Quotetvolball - 5/9/2014  2:17 PM

too busy for a pass right now :-(

StogieDad

Quotescottvodka - 5/9/2014  3:17 PM

I think Troy meant just listing in the forum doesn't get you in.  You have to hit the button to join the pass.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

scottvodka

QuoteStogieDad - 5/9/2014  2:20 PM

I think Troy meant just listing in the forum doesn't get you in.  You have to hit the button to join the pass.

oh. that makes sense. the earth doesn't revolve around me i guess.

StogieDad

Quotescottvodka - 5/9/2014  3:23 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 5/9/2014  2:20 PM

oh. that makes sense. the earth doesn't revolve around me i guess.

:lmao:  Nice!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

request sent

tvolball

woo hoo I'm in!!! :cheer:  This should be fun
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

CigarPlace

I'm likely going to start this pass based on closest to us here in FL only because the heat and humidity here is only going to get worse so the faster we can get it through and out of the Southeast the better off we are. If anyone wants to change their addresses to a different one to receive it during the day, re-pack and ship back out the same day that would be SUPER awesome if at all possible but obviously not required.

Seems like there's a bunch of guys in GA. Hot Potato, Hot Potato!

Brlesq

This is a cool concept for a pass that we have not done here before.  I do have a couple of questions on the pass:  It states " Puts/takes are limited to 3/person."

1. Do the 3 P/T's have to be from different levels, or can they be from just 1 or 2 levels?

2. In our passes it is customary, though not mandatory, to put in an extra cigar for the moderator.  Are we doing that here as well, or do we need to just stick to the 3 P/T limit since it might screw up your postage?

Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

toby2

CigarPlace

QuoteBrlesq - 5/9/2014  4:33 PM

This is a cool concept for a pass that we have not done here before.  I do have a couple of questions on the pass:  It states " Puts/takes are limited to 3/person."

1. Do the 3 P/T's have to be from different levels, or can they be from just 1 or 2 levels?

2. In our passes it is customary, though not mandatory, to put in an extra cigar for the moderator.  Are we doing that here as well, or do we need to just stick to the 3 P/T limit since it might screw up your postage?

Thanks!

This moderator, ME, would not ever discourage you guys from sending sticks for me although it isn't really necessary. As a cigar retailer, I have access to lots of stuff but I don't have the chance to grab LE's, HTF, or single store releases. I also often ending up smoking things that I "have" to smoke and not what I want to smoke. Once I get this packaged up, I'll look at box size and postage costs but a Medium Flat Rate Box should be fine, although, UPS might be a better option for us instead as they'll just bill us for any overages on the package weight and then should something happen to the box, the type of box you use won't matter.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.