Spring/Summer 2014 Newbie Pass

Started by nwb, 05/12/2014 07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Spring/Summer 2014 Newbie Pass'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

Since we haven't had a newbie pass in a while, this will be an opportunity for our newer members to try the pass system and build some credibility here at CigarGeeks.

Criteria:  You must be a new member (less than one year on CG) with at least 100 points.  However, if you don't meet these qualifications, another Geek can vouch for you.  For all others, I will make a determination based on your participation thus far on the site.  I'd like to limit it to people that have participated in 2 passes or less.

Cigars:  Please limit your puts to cigars that have a rating of 3.5 stars or cigars you personally enjoy.  The price range is open from $3.00 to $20.00.  ISOMs are allowed, infused/flavored cigars are not.  Please keep in mind the cardinal rule of passes: all puts should be like for like with takes (value for value AND availability for availability).

To join the pass, hit the join button, and you must confirm in the pass thread that you've read all three of the following:

Pass Info
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=15

Pass System
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=16

CG Pass Etiquette
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=37
Chief of Shaft

Joelala

Great idea, get these new guys involved. If you need help let me know
Joe

scottvodka

StogieDad

Jump in guys.  Passes are great fun, and this is a great one to get your feet wet in.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

I'm willing to donate a few starter sticks, Nathan.  :-)
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

aflicted

I'll play.  This will make three passes I am playing in at the same time.  If space runs out you can bump me.  I sent my request.

Mojo66

Great opportunity for newer members to join in a pass. It's great fun and a nice way to learn about new cigars and get to know geeks a bit better.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 5/12/2014  12:01 PM  I'm willing to donate a few starter sticks, Nathan.  :-)

X2

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

John & Scott - You guys are in!

Brian & Chuck - Thanks for the offer!  PM sent.

We have plenty of space left, folks!
Chief of Shaft

hebron

I'd like to get in on one of these passes, get my feet wet. But I don't feel the time is right just yet, between work, the twins and everything else there is very little time left. And we live in an apartment on the 2nd floor, with no place outside to smoke. I get to sneak myself a small cigar in the car or while walking the dog every once-in-a-while.

So I'll wait until we have bought and moved into a house, where I can; either outside on the porch or in my "to-be" cigar lounge, sit down and relax with a cigar. If I am to partake in a pass I want to be able to do it right, and to enjoy my picks :-)

But, this is a great idea for a pass Nathan  :thumbsup:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

StogieDad

Quotehebron - 5/12/2014  2:26 PM

I'd like to get in on one of these passes, get my feet wet. But I don't feel the time is right just yet, between work, the twins and everything else there is very little time left. And we live in an apartment on the 2nd floor, with no place outside to smoke. I get to sneak myself a small cigar in the car or while walking the dog every once-in-a-while.

So I'll wait until we have bought and moved into a house, where I can; either outside on the porch or in my "to-be" cigar lounge, sit down and relax with a cigar. If I am to partake in a pass I want to be able to do it right, and to enjoy my picks :-)

But, this is a great idea for a pass Nathan  :thumbsup:

Thomas, I think you would do well in this pass.  I imagine you could do virtual (hope I am not speaking out of turn Nathan) so you would just end your puts in.  Shouldn't take much time, and I am just telling you, these passes are fun dude.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

benchjockey

I'm currently involved in two passes. On one I've already completed my puts and takes.
I'm enjoying both and am willing to play if you will have me. I've sent in my request.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nwb

Barry - You are in.  Thanks for joining.

Thomas - Although I understand your concern, you are welcome if you want to join.  If not, then there will always be future passes to get your feet wet.
Chief of Shaft

hebron

I'm going to sit this one out, thanks for all the encouragement :-) It will be extra special to save my pass-virginity to when I'm good and settled in our new home! Maybe I should treat myself to a promise ring  :?:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

sauraspop

I've completed one pass & currently in one but I'd like to play if you will have me.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

sauraspop

Thanks for having me in this pass Nathan. Come on guys, we need to fill this one up.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

benchjockey

Fellow newbies give this pass a try. I've been involved with two and had a great time.
It exposes you to smokes you haven't tried yet and allows you to get to know your fellow Geeks better.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nwb

We have 6 people.  Plenty of room left!
Chief of Shaft

aflicted

Thanks for setting this up.  I'm looking forward to some fun!

goathead

It's been a few years since I have been in a pass I would like to get in thanks

nwb

Quotegoathead - 5/13/2014  1:36 PM

It's been a few years since I have been in a pass I would like to get in thanks

Glad to have you.
Chief of Shaft

goathead

Kevin48438

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

bmac7754

Great idea for a pass and great way to get some feet wet for the new guys.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.