This would be Great!

Started by 05Venturer, 06/04/2014 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Looks like Google has a Hangout button that can be added to websites.
 :shy:

https://developers.google.com/+/hangouts/button
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

vw77guy

Good for customer service, but you would have to have someone available to take the call.

Cfickter

I need to get up to speed on the Google herfs around here.  Been wanting to join.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 6/4/2014  8:22 PM

I need to get up to speed on the Google herfs around here.  Been wanting to join.
Yes you do my friend :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Longhorn

QuoteCfickter - 6/4/2014  9:22 PM

Here's what you need to know about them:

1) Have a couple of cigars handy and ready to go.
2) Have a couple of bottles of your favorite libations handy and ready to go.
3) Be prepared to have a good time.

:cheers:

jharrisx5

+1 to the above...been doing these for a couple years on another site and a couple times with folks from here...great stuff!
Puff Puff Give....

bstessl

QuoteLonghorn - 6/4/2014  11:41 PM

QuoteCfickter - 6/4/2014  9:22 PM

Here's what you need to know about them:

1) Have a couple of cigars handy and ready to go.
2) Have a couple of bottles of your favorite libations handy and ready to go.
3) Be prepared to have a good time.

:cheers:
X2
couldn't have said it better!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nwb

Moved this to site discussion.  I'll send Paul a PM about it as well.
Chief of Shaft

Camshaft83

I'm with you Chuck. I need to try to get in on one of these soon myself.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ntanner

Been meaning to try and get on one but haven't managed to yet. I need to get a little more up to speed on all that stuff I guess.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nwb

For those that haven't tried it, it is a great way to put a face to a name, have a cigar or three, and just shoot the shyt.
Chief of Shaft

sjn1117

The Google herfs are a must if you haven't been on yet. Lots of fun!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nirab

I'd love to join up in more of em, but with my audio sounding like I am in a submarine when I get on, I have just skipped them. I can't figure out what the heck is causing this, but I know its annoying for the other geeks, that's why I haven't joined more lately. :angry:  :cry:  :-(
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

Quotenirab - 6/5/2014  2:46 PM

I'd love to join up in more of em, but with my audio sounding like I am in a submarine when I get on, I have just skipped them. I can't figure out what the heck is causing this, but I know its annoying for the other geeks, that's why I haven't joined more lately. :angry:  :cry:  :-(

You aren't the only one that has this problem.  I'm not positive what causes it, but it has to be related to the volume you have your device set at (the higher the volume, the more feedback) and the proximity of the mic to the speakers in your device.  I'm sure there are some resources on it online - just haven't checked into it.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.