Member Feedback Reminder

Started by Brlesq, 06/16/2014 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

With lots of new faces lately, it's a good time to remind everyone about our individual member feedback program.  This is a great system that allows somebody on the other end of a transaction to leave feedback (good, bad or neutral) about a member with whom they have had a recent interaction.  Feedback can be left by all parties to a site transaction (except for bombs and gifts where only the recipient leaves feedback for the gifter.)

Feedback is also quit useful if you are contemplating doing a transaction or a Pass with a member you don't know to see if there have been any problems in the past or if they are new.  The feedback points are listed on the left hand side of a member's post under their name (and also on their profile) and accumulate into the badges that members earn when receiving multiple good feedbacks.

So whether you are new to the site, or a veteran who tends to forget easily, please leave feedback for your fellow members!  It only take a moment!! It is important to them, and it is important to other members that might interact with that person in the future.  

For your convenience, feedback guidance is as follows:

•  Bomber - Only leave feedback for the Bomber if you were the recipient of the bomb.

•  Box Splitter - All Individuals involved in the split can leave feedback for each other.

•  Buyer - The member who sold items can leave feedback about the buyer.

•  Contest Sponsor - The member who won the contest can leave feedback about the Sponsor of the contest.

•  Geek Critique Reviewer - The member who sponsored the Geek Critique can leave feedback about the members who did the reviews.

•  Geek Critique Sponsor - The members who participated in the Geek Critique can leave feedback about the Sponsor.

•  Gifter - The member who received a gift from another member can leave feedback for the gifter. (i.e. Pay it Forwards, etc...)

•  Pass Member - If you were a member of a pass, you can leave feedback about the moderator who started it. If you were the moderator, you can leave feedback about the members who participated.

•  Seller - The member who bought items can leave feedback about the seller.

•  Trader - If you were involved with a trade with someone you both can leave feedback for each other.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

SenorPablo

Good reminder.  Thanks Bruce!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

toby2

StogieDad

I would venture to say as well, especially for newer members, if someone forgets to leave feedback, a gentle nudge is OK.  A quick PM just to thank them for the transaction and say, "Hey, I left positive feedback for you" generally is enough to jog someone's memory that they forgot to leave for you.  

I think of it like a business, when people view my profile, I want them to know I am trusted to do business with.  So it is improtant to me.  Great post Bruce.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Joelala

Joe

lubrix

FNA........I think has his own category!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cigary

This is a useful tool for all of us since we seem to trade/split/etc. and it takes the worry about doing deals..thx for the reminder on this.

nwb

Thanks for the reminder, Bruce!  And I agree with Michael - a gentle reminder is always welcome, IMHO.
Chief of Shaft

hebron

Great reminder. I do find it a bit difficult to drop a hint regarding feedback when it comes to bombs... The "hey I left you some feedback" doesn't really work, and I don't want them to think that I care too much about it. That was not the reason for my bomb, but the badge does look kinda cool ;-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

nwb

Quotehebron - 6/16/2014  6:44 PM

Great reminder. I do find it a bit difficult to drop a hint regarding feedback when it comes to bombs... The "hey I left you some feedback" doesn't really work, and I don't want them to think that I care too much about it. That was not the reason for my bomb, but the badge does look kinda cool ;-)

Honestly, I think most folks wouldn't mind a direct, "Do you mind leaving me some feedback for XYZ? I'm trying to build my street credit here at Geeks."  At least I wouldn't.
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 6/16/2014  6:57 PM
Honestly, I think most folks wouldn't mind a direct, "Do you mind leaving me some feedback for XYZ? I'm trying to build my street credit here at Geeks."  

Understandable, since you need to build up some more street cred here.    :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

:biggrin:

I don't ask for feedback, but people here have graciously provided it.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm terrible about leaving feedback.  It isn't that I don't value the transaction; I just do so many of them that it is hard to track.  That's why, if I've ever done a trade/bomb/etc. with you and don't provide feedback, I have no problem with you telling me.  :kickyou:
Chief of Shaft

hebron

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  1:21 AM

:biggrin:

I don't ask for feedback, but people here have graciously provided it.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm terrible about leaving feedback.  It isn't that I don't value the transaction; I just do so many of them that it is hard to track.  That's why, if I've ever done a trade/bomb/etc. with you and don't provide feedback, I have no problem with you telling me.  :kickyou:
Just remember that when you receive a little something from across the pond ;-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

nwb

Quotehebron - 6/16/2014  7:23 PM
Just remember that when you receive a little something from across the pond ;-)

Eagerly waiting. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

The Burn Ward

I'm usually on top of it. I also have no issues with someone reminding me.

The Burn Ward

Quotelubrix - 6/16/2014  4:10 PM

FNA........I think has his own category!.

I miss FNA's pot stirring. :shooter:

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

hebron

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 6/17/2014  2:37 AM

I'm usually on top of it. I also have no issues with someone reminding me.
x2, please remind me if I have forgotten.
- Thomas

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.