Logging Out??

Started by 05Venturer, 06/17/2014 08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Anyone else having troubles with the site logging you out everytime you leave?
In the past few days it seems everytime I leave CG when I come back if need to log back in. I have changed nothing on my end, gets frustrating.
Maybe I can never leave  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Never noticed it when using my laptop.

hebron

Quote05Venturer - 6/17/2014  5:49 PM

Anyone else having troubles with the site logging you out everytime you leave?
In the past few days it seems everytime I leave CG when I come back if need to log back in. I have changed nothing on my end, gets frustrating.
Maybe I can never leave  :lmao:
Sure you ticked the remember me check-box?

It will log out eventually, but I haven't experienced anything like you are describing. You aren't clearing your cookies somehow?

Just checked my session cookie:
Created:   Sunday, June 1, 2014 1:11:00 PM
Expires:   Friday, August 1, 2014 1:59:52 AM

Seems like it should stay on for 2 months if the "remember me" option was checked.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

tvolball

It does me about once a month but that's about it.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nwb

What browser and device are you using?  It never logs me off when I'm using Chrome on my Dell laptop. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  12:53 PM

What browser and device are you using?  It never logs me off when I'm using Chrome on my Dell laptop. :confused:

It does if you clear your history, which I do about every other day.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Kman

QuoteBrlesq - 6/17/2014  1:07 PM  
Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  12:53 PM  What browser and device are you using?  It never logs me off when I'm using Chrome on my Dell laptop. :confused:

:word: It is most likely something new on your system that is either blocking cookies or clearing cookies. 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nwb

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  12:53 PM

True, but I'm assuming he isn't clearing his history, thus his question.

Also, if you have a setting to clear cookies and/or history every time you close your browser, it will log you off.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

NO issues here but it is a good idea to clear your history/cookies.  I have the little Google computer that I use that works great and never experience any computer problems.

Kman

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  1:11 PM  
Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  12:53 PM What browser and device are you using?  It never logs me off when I'm using Chrome on my Dell laptop. :confused:
True, but I'm assuming he isn't clearing his history, thus his question.  Also, if you have a setting to clear cookies and/or history every time you close your browser, it will log you off.

That was kind of my point Nathan. Seems like either a new program or setting that has been activated recently that is deleting his cookies.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nwb

As the guys at work would say, "We were talking past each other", Kerry. :biggrin:

What browser are you using, Kent?  What device?  Did you do a recent update to the software? Please tell me it isn't an Apple product.....

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

05Venturer

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  12:28 PM

As the guys at work would say, "We were talking past each other", Kerry. :biggrin:

What browser are you using, Kent?  What device?  Did you do a recent update to the software? Please tell me it isn't an Apple product.....

:biggrin:

:cry:  Of course this is only happening on my Ipos (Ipad)
I am using firefox and have not changed or updated anything
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nwb

Well, I can't help you.  Other than to tell you to go out and get an Android device. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  1:39 PM

Well, I can't help you.  Other than to tell you to go out and get an Android device. :biggrin:

:-0 Hey hey lol...I have an iPhone, iPad & iMac been on them for many years, and I haven't had nearly the problems I had with my desktop & my old droid phone :-)
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

scottvodka

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 6/17/2014  3:13 PM

old droid phone

that's your problem. I had problems with my old iPhone, too.

hebron

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  8:39 PM

- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

nwb

:-0 Hey hey lol...I have an iPhone, iPad & iMac been on them for many years, and I haven't had nearly the problems I had with my desktop & my old droid phone :-)

The iOS vs Android debate is kind of like the cello on/off debate: no one is right.

Except Android is better. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

hebron

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  11:59 PM

The iOS vs Android debate is kind of like the cello on/off debate: no one is right.

Right on brother!  :bigthumbs:
- Thomas

05Venturer

Train running off the tracks. LOL
Kent

scottvodka

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  5:59 PM

anyone who takes cello off is an idiot.

05Venturer

Kent

nwb

Quote05Venturer - 6/17/2014  6:02 PM

Train running off the tracks. LOL

You are surprised? :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

toby2

satan was bought out by Google....:-)

BewareDaPenguin

Quotenwb - 6/17/2014  4:59 PM

Yup both have positives & negatives :-)
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

hebron

Quotetoby2 - 6/18/2014  3:08 AM

satan was bought out by Google....:-)
Because he was lobbying for Apple ;-)
- Thomas

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.