Virt Humidor - Moving from Current Inventory to Previous Smokes

Started by Remodelx15, 06/29/2014 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remodelx15

I had a single Don Tomas Clasico Robusto entered in my inventory, purchased on 6/5 and I smoked it on 6/21, moving it to my previous smokes category.  I loved this cigar so I picked up 3 5-packs that I got yesterday.  I entered them into my current inventory, and then smoked one today, 6/29.  But when I hit the "smoke one" from the current inventory, it added it to the 6/5 purchase on the Previous Smokes.  So now when I look at my Previous Smokes page, it looks like I smoked two of these sticks purchased on 6/5.

I know on the inventory page that it keeps entries of the same cigar separated by date, ie 1 purchased on 6/5 and one on 6/28 show as two separate entries.  But they'll end up in the same line item on the Previous Smokes page.  I have been making short notes on the smoking experience in the comments section, but with the way this is working, I can't easily keep track of "batches".

Am I missing something in the way I'm using the virtual humidor?  Or am I just being a little OCD? :)
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

Vroomp

Never really paid that much attention to previous smokes... most of the time I just wait til I delete an entire line or a new box comes in to remove smokes from inventory... After all, a cigar that's gone has nothing to offer. Are you trying to keep track of the last time you had a particular cigar? Not sure that is possible since it records the first time you enter one then, they any additional sticks are posted to that date........ :confused:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Remodelx15

Yeah, since I'm new to this I'm trying to keep track of my impressions because otherwise I'll forget.  So each time I smoke one I edit the "smoked" notes and add a date, a 1 to 5 score and a couple words about the experience that day.  That will still work, but if I get two batches on two different dates, it'll be difficult to distinguish between batches.  Not the end of the world by any means.  Just curious on how I'm using it vs everyone else.
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

nwb

It does lump them together, as I had the same question a couple of years ago.  To "track" my experience, I submitted reviews, later editing them if my experience changed significantly.

If the virtual humidor function for previous smokes didn't consolidate the same cigars to one line item, I imagine it would require a LOT more space to store the information.
Chief of Shaft

Ted

Yeah, I've just decided that batch information isn't relevant (for me). I keep notes like you're doing, but instead of adding a date, I list the age.

1.5* - 12 days rest. Cigar sucked. Blah Blah Blah.
2.0* - 42 days rest. Cigar sucked a bit less. Blah Blah Blah.
3.0* - 292 days rest. Cigar much better. Blah Blah Blah.

The only cigars I've had batch related issues with are the Gurkha Blue Steel. Not something I need to keep track of, other than noting my comments about the issue and not ordering them again. There are too many cigars to try for me to bother giving one with batch issues what amounts to a 3rd chance (since I've obviously already tried 2 batches).

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.