I've been BOMBED!

Started by gitfiddl, 07/03/2009 11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

So I'm in the Jeep on the way to a gig when my cellphone rings.  It's the wife and the first thing she says is "You're cigars are here."  I'm thinking she means I left my little travel humidor.  I look in the passenger's seat and it's sitting right there.  I say"No, I've got them."   To which she replies "No, I mean some came UPS today.  Who's Leslie Chamness, anyway?"  So I go into the story about how I posted (half jokingly, btw) that I might have to settle for the $29.99 humi combo from Thompson, instead of the $149 5Vegas humi deal from CI because my discretionary funds were going to be needed to fix musical gear and how Les pm'd me, something about saving me from cheap cigars.  I told our man Les (aka Hot Stuff x) I'd be fine, but if he felt so inclined to do what he felt necessary.

What "he felt necessary" amounts to what appears to be a 10 cigar Hollywood Sampler from Mike's Cigars.  I've briefly searched Mike's site, but have yet to find a Hollywood sampler listed, so bear with me on the descriptions:

2-Fonseca Cedar in a huge ring
2-Cubao #3
2-Reyes Family Classic Pyramid
2-Siglo VI
2-A Fuente something or other (the band says Gran Reserva)

Thanks, Les.  You rock!

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nukbucko

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

podman28

ljlemer

I'm still waiting for my savior from bad cigars.  Congratulations! I have a humi filled with bad cigars. I won't go cigar hungry, just quality hungry. They are the leftovers from all those lousy Cbid 5-packs. Especially the $3/5 ones. Although some were decent.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

nukbucko

I was thinking about a pass called Clean Out Your Humi
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

gitfiddl

Quoteljlemer - 7/4/2009  12:22 AM

I'm still waiting for my savior from bad cigars.  Congratulations! I have a humi filled with bad cigars. I won't go cigar hungry, just quality hungry. They are the leftovers from all those lousy Cbid 5-packs. Especially the $3/5 ones. Although some were decent.

Now you're making me feel guilty...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

mountedshriner

Way to go Les!! A cigar bomb is such a pleasant surprise. Congrats there Git. :bigthumbs:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

mattmancool34

but a clean out your humi pass would just move your crap to another persons humidor while you import new crap and think to yourself its not crap when in fact it is crap.

ljlemer

Quotegitfiddl - 7/4/2009  12:41 AM

Quoteljlemer - 7/4/2009  12:22 AM

Now you're making me feel guilty...

Now I feel guilty for making you feel guilty, which is impossible because I'm as innocent as the freshly fallen snow. Shame on you! You made me feel guilty for making you feel guilty!

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quotemattmancool34 - 7/4/2009  4:07 AM

but a clean out your humi pass would just move your crap to another persons humidor while you import new crap and think to yourself its not crap when in fact it is crap.

What would I do without your positive attitude to cheer me up? That was a rhetorical question. Don't answer it.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

lowpro75

That was goodly of you, Les.  Members like you are what makes this site great.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Hot Stuff x

Quotegitfiddl - 7/4/2009 2:07 PM  I've briefly searched Mike's site, but have yet to find a Hollywood sampler listed, 

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Hot Stuff x

Quotegitfiddl - 7/4/2009 2:07 PM  I've briefly searched Mike's site, but have yet to find a Hollywood sampler listed, 

Feels good to be generous and send some cigars to a BOTL.

This sampler isn't posted on Mike's web site yet... I subscribe to their email specials.   It'll probably show up on their website eventually.

Here is the info on this sampler and a link:

Reyes Family Classic Piramides 6 x 56
Siglo Limited Reserve No.VI 6 x 54
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Presidente 6½ x 50
Cubao No. 3 7½ x 38
Fonseca Reserve No. 2 6¼ x 54

10 cigars (2 of each) $28

20cigars (4 of each) $56

50 cigars (10 of each) $140

http://www.mikescigars.com/SearchCategory.aspx/search_type/offer/offerid/686

LES

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Duker511

Tim

cmmayo

Quotenukbucko - 7/3/2009  11:24 PM

I was thinking about a pass called Clean Out Your Humi

I'd be up for that. I, too, have the curse of the $3/5 CBid.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

gitfiddl

QuoteHot Stuff x - 7/4/2009  11:10 AM

This sampler isn't posted on Mike's web site yet... I subscribe to their email specials.   It'll probably show up on their website eventually.

Cubao No. 3 7½ x 38

20cigars (4 of each) $56

Thanks again Les!  Any 4th of July rumblings?

Hot Stuff x

Quotegitfiddl - 7/5/2009 1:13 AM  Thanks again Les! Any 4th of July rumblings?

I'm sure you already saw the news about the several short range (anti-ship type) missiles they fired off.  If they want to waste 'em by shooting them into the sea, that's fine with me.

Other than that, nothing unusual.  I went up on a rooftop tonight and watched fireworks from the US Army base, while enjoying a RP Decade.

FYI, it's after midnight here, so actually July 5 right now....probably just around lunchtime on the 4th for some of y'all.

LES

gitfiddl

And if this doesn't deserve a separate post;  A Mike's sampler was shipped with no substitutions!  :-0  :biggrin:

smoke 1

Great Bomb Les.  Keep your head down !!!
-Brian

BlackIrish

QuoteHot Stuff x - 7/4/2009  11:10 AM

Cubao No. 3 7½ x 38

20cigars (4 of each) $56

A very cool gesture, Les.   :bigthumbs:
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

lightone

Considering me starting out new into the cigar world,until i get more cigars under my belt (the good ones) and find my picks.I think one mans crap cigars, could be another man treasure.And you might be cleaning out yours at a time money might be tight.So it could be a act of cigar charity.My wife has gone part-time (the economy) i might need some "crap" cigars soon. So it sounds like a good idea.  "That"s just one mans opinion"

lightone

Also, congrats gitfiddl !!! :cigarman:

Rebecca Silverwolf

"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.