The big N

Started by Sparkmark, 07/09/2014 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparkmark

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'The big N'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

kxthor911

Hmmm, and here I thought you were talking about me.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Joelala

I must have good timing, I come to the page and see a pass for Nicarguan sticks which happen to be my favorite.

I would love to play if you will have me.
Joe

kxthor911

You may want to go introduce yourself before you start a pass though. That seems kinda odd.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

nwb

Welcome to the site!  Take a trip over to the newbie forum and tell us a little about yourself.

Good luck with the pass - I like the theme. :thumbsup:
Chief of Shaft

Joelala

LOL I did not even notice this was a newbie, I just saw the pass and got excited because I like smokes from this land HAHAHAHAHA

:blech:  :hityou:  :hityou:  :hityou: Can't believe I missed that. 0 POSTS!!!!!!!!

Well if this guy does not successfully have this sort of pass, maybe I will.
Joe

nwb

Although I do find it a little odd, pass moderators have the most to lose if something bad happens during the pass.  Newbie or not, if he is willing to take that risk (and there shouldn't be a lot with Geeks), more power to him.
Chief of Shaft

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Joelala

Quotenwb - 7/9/2014  2:18 PM

Although I do find it a little odd, pass moderators have the most to lose if something bad happens during the pass.  Newbie or not, if he is willing to take that risk (and there shouldn't be a lot with Geeks), more power to him.

True
Joe

Longhorn

Quotenwb - 7/9/2014  3:18 PM

:word:  The risk is all on the moderator.  Good luck with this one!

Jackal

I might be interested in this one.  A starting list of cigars would be very helpful.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Brlesq

And he's actually been a member here for almost a year.  Just a lurker, not a poster, but still a member.  People have different reasons for joining.  Some for the virtual humidor, some for the DB, and others for the social interaction.

Yet it would be nice to get an introduction so we least feel like we know who we're dealing with, rather than participating like an auction where somebody is bidding on the phone.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Mojo66

What they said, do introduce yourself and tell us more about you.

I would participate in that pass if invited.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nirab

Who are you? Where are you from? What cigars do you like? How old is your sister? We need to know things like this before jumping in a pass with a newbie!!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

$10 minimum!  I think I have one of those..... :confused:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

goathead

It's a reversed pass you give him your puts first

Hot Stuff x

Quotegoathead - 7/10/2014  12:21 PM  It's a reversed pass you give him your puts first

Seems legit...  :confused:

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Shukpaw

Zero posts and a $10 cigar minimum.

I thought there was talk a little while back on a minimum amount of points and time on the site to host a pass.

I like the pass idea though.  Better than my idea to do an all Gurkha pass.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

nwb

It looks like he logged off the site shortly after generating the pass.  Hopefully, he will see the comments here and introduce himself.

QuoteShukpaw - 7/10/2014  3:57 AM
Zero posts and a $10 cigar minimum.
I thought there was talk a little while back on a minimum amount of points and time on the site to host a pass.

The minimum amounts of points and time on the site is more relevant to pass participants, not hosts.  He is fronting the initial cigars, so I don't see any issue.  Ultimately, it is up to each individual Geek to decide if the want to participate, but I'm just not seeing any risk here. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Joelala

He PMed me twice about joining. But none the less he has started the pass with 2 members :)
Joe

Mojo66

This promises to be a "fast pass"
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

kxthor911

I fail to see the point about this "pass"

nwb

I wonder if he was trying to close the pass rather than close the pass to new participants? :?:
Chief of Shaft

Rebecca Silverwolf

Not sure what is going on with this pass, but I might be interested if it's going to happen. Good idea for a pass. Like others have said, the risk is all on the moderator here, though it is a little odd to start a pass with 0 posts.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

05Venturer

Perhaps the OP could fill everyone in on what's happening.
That would be post #1 :biggrin:  :-)
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.