Site Been Slow?

Started by nwb, 07/21/2014 06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Last night the site was loading very slowly some moments, then it was incredibly quick other times.  At first, I though it might have been my home computer/internet. I'm experiencing the same thing this morning.  Anyone else notice this?

I looked at the stats, and it appears we have had some outages:

http://stats.pingdom.com/ipe9t2tupd9v/1141055
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

Yea, seems the home page is loading fairly slowly, but when loading a thread it was pretty quick.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

BlackIrish

QuoteStogieDad - 7/21/2014  9:32 AM

Yea, seems the home page is loading fairly slowly, but when loading a thread it was pretty quick.

^^ I've had the same experience
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

The Burn Ward

QuoteBlackIrish - 7/21/2014  10:03 AM

^^ I've had the same experience

X3

Brlesq

Horribly slow the last couple of days, especially in the mornings, and many times it won't load at all and Chrome times out and gives me the message "no data received"
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bmac7754

x4 running slow and sometimes not loading at all, getting error messages.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ThinBlueLine

QuoteBrlesq - 7/21/2014  10:13 AM  Horribly slow the last couple of days, especially in the mornings, and many times it won't load at all and Chrome times out and gives me the message "no data received"

What Bruce said

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Camshaft83

I was wondering if it was just me. I've noticed it for the past couple of days also.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

johncw

I think 2 nights ago i couldn't get on the site for about 5mins... Slowness comes and goes.

nwb

That has been my experience as well. :-(
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

Been on and off slow for that past week for me. Even got time outs on a few occasions.

But it's the best site in the whole world so I don't mind waiting a bit  :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

benchjockey

Very slow the last few days.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Vroomp

So slow a few days ago it timed out before loading......
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

SenorPablo

Thanks for the feedback folks.  Let me reach out to the hosting guys and see what they say.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Cigary

What everyone says....mine hasn't timed out but just slow and I'm using a Google Chromebook that is quick as lightening for everything.

nwb

Thanks for looking into it, Paul.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

Yep....now it's back to normal.

nwb

Paul and/or the hosting folks must be doing something - I got the "website closed" page for a little while.
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Quotenwb - 7/21/2014  1:30 PM

Paul and/or the hosting folks must be doing something - I got the "website closed" page for a little while.

Me. too.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

ntanner

Home page is definitely slow uploading.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Yep. Seeing the same from trying several different access points
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Remodelx15

Yep, Ben slow frequently the last couple days...but not always.
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

cavenbk

Been slow here as well. Thanks for all you do though Paul to keep this fantastic site running!!!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Ken Kelley

Still creeping along. Takes forever to get onto the site and then another forever to see anything. I'm sure it will all be worked out.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.