September Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 07/21/2014 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by lumberjack (Jarred).

The Cigar: Oliva Serie V Double Robusto (5.0 x 54)

The Hype: Also known as 'Ligero Especial', the Serie V from Oliva cigars is an enchanting Nicaraguan puro chock full of flavorful goodness. On the outside, a beautiful Habano Sun Grown wrapper glistens with oils. Thick and smooth as silk, this impressive leaf conceals a powerful, yet balanced and smooth blend of aged Nicaraguan ligero from the Jalapa Valley of Nicaragua. The Oliva Serie 'V" cigar is full-bodied and full-flavored, offering layers of coffee, spice, and tobacco flavors, with a touch of dark, unsweetened chocolate on the finish.

The Reviewers:

1. Longhorn (Brad)
2. The Burn Ward (Jared)
3. ntanner (Neal)
4. Chip Lemaster (Paul)
5. Remodelx15 (Joe)

The Due Date: August 25, 2014

*Note - A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule, and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

A big thanks to goes out to Jarred for making this one happen...Kudos! Happy Smokin' Folks! :cigarguy:

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Longhorn

Ello.  Dis is HornLong - I only due 2 review. Please pick me. Me please.

The Burn Ward

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Chip Lemaster

Cigary

Lol....while I think I meet the criteria I'll just take my own advice and see if one of the new members would like to try one.  I have a box of these cigars anyway which probably will let you know what I think about em but will sure like to read reviews from those who are picked...this should be a great review and a big thanks for Lumberjack for sponsoring this...it is surely a stand up thing to do for us as members who really reap the benefits.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

QuoteCigary - 7/21/2014  9:48 PM

Lol....while I think I meet the criteria I'll just take my own advice and see if one of the new members would like to try one.  I have a box of these cigars anyway which probably will let you know what I think about em but will sure like to read reviews from those who are picked...this should be a great review and a big thanks for Lumberjack for sponsoring this...it is surely a stand up thing to do for us as members who really reap the benefits.

:biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

Remodelx15

If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

junglepete

QuoteRemodelx15 - 7/21/2014  10:45 PM

If a newbie's opinion is welcome I'd be happy to be chosen!

Joe

You're in Joe  :-)
Guru of Frugality

Longhorn

Quotejunglepete - 7/21/2014  10:35 PM

Four reviewers chosen, one to go  :biggrin:

Ello.  What four you choose? :biggrin:

Seriously, I would be surprised if you can't get 5 that meet the criteria - this is a great cigar (not to sway the scores or anything).  If you need a reliable, get 'er done and on time review, happy to smoke another!!!   :angel:

jumberlack1

Thanks guys, smokes should hit the mail tomorrow!
Making bad decisions a profession!

Chip Lemaster

Look forward to its arrival and enjoyment,,,,,it will knock me out of the running for a newbie under two reviews though,,,,lmao,,, but I will suffer to help you all out,,,,lmao

nwb

Chief of Shaft

jumberlack1

Here are the tracking numbers for USPS:
ntanner: 9114 9012 3080 3160 3353 19
Remodelx15: 9114 9012 3080 3160 3397 20
Longhorn: 9114 9012 3080 3160 3397 44
Chip Lemaster: 9114 9012 3080 3160 3397 06
The Burn Ward: 9114 9012 3080 3160 3396 83

The Burn Ward

My cigar(s) came in today. Great hitchhikers! I smoked the Rabito ROTT since you included a boveda. Gonna let the others rest. Thanks for hosting, Mr. Luko.

ntanner

Got mine today. Thanx for the ride along's, very generous.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Remodelx15

Mine came in too, but I'm traveling on business and can't see what the stowaways are!  My wife sent a picture but didn't thing the band was an important detail!  Looking forward to getting home for even more reasons now!
- WW2 Submarine admiral

Chip Lemaster

Mine arrived today with a few guards,,, thanks,,packing things up for the move Friday or Saturday,,,so busy,,,
I was worried they wouldn't get here before the move and have to wait the mail in Chicago area, you know the snow is about the fly soon,,,, so more delays,, crazy weather,,

Ok done rambling the cigars arrived safe, in the humidor and soon will enjoy the Oliva V,,,catch you guys next from further north, enjoy your smokes.. :biggrin:

Longhorn

Mine arrived today!  Thanks for the hitchhikers, Jarred!  :thumbsup: :dancing:

The Burn Ward

Remodelx15

This will be my first geek review and I was having trouble figuring out where to post the review.  As it turns out the link that was supposed to be on the member review page wasn't there for me, but Junglepete helped figure things out so now I'm all set.  Planning on blocking out some time this weekend for the review and I'm really looking forward to it!  Thanks again, Pete, for all the help!
- WW2 Submarine admiral

Chip Lemaster

I just completed this critique,,, thanks for the opportunity...

jumberlack1

Glad everyone got theirs in safely, I am excited to see what your review are!

ntanner

My review is in, Thanx for letting me participate.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.