Today's bombing...

Started by Chip Lemaster, 07/22/2014 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chip Lemaster

What is with iPad and the USPS,,, for the life of me I can not print a shipping label or get close to it,,,
I can waste time, adding names and addys,, finally have one that saved to the addy book, but then to print or pay, from my account, nada...

so, the Bombing runs that were heading west have be temporarily suspended,,,  :-(

Anyone have a clue as what I might be missing, get everything down to package size an postage amount, then nothing, no print pay or basket button?

nwb

Chuck the iPad, find an Android (or laptop). :biggrin:

Seriously, I honestly don't know.  Hopefully someone with some experience with iOS will chime in.
Chief of Shaft

johncw

I was having problems with USPS site... it's like it was locking me out from paying so had to go in. Pain in the Ass

Chip Lemaster

Quotejohncw - 7/22/2014  1:11 PM

I was having problems with USPS site... it's like it was locking me out from paying so had to go in. Pain in the Ass[/QUOTE

I agree. Pain, the wife's out of town again, thought I would be productive from home,,,sadly,,no! It irritating, I'll out everything,,,, then no pay or print options,,

nwb

I was able to generate a shipping label, pay, and print an hour or two ago with no problems.

With that being said, I've had major issues with the USPS site in the past.
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

You must have the latest version of Adobe Reader and when you finish all the info click on the shipping options in the lower box to get to the next page....... :confused:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nirab

Quotenwb - 7/22/2014  11:51 AM

Chuck the iPad, find an Android (or laptop). :biggrin:

X2  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

QuoteVroomp - 7/22/2014  4:15 PM
You must have the latest version of Adobe Reader and when you finish all the info click on the shipping options in the lower box to get to the next page....... :confused:

Good point.  I'm assuming that the latest version of Adobe works on iOS, but that may very well be the problem. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

I have a friend that has that same problem with his ipad, its not just you.  I said use the laptop sitting next to you, works all the time.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Chip Lemaster

Quotebmac7754 - 7/22/2014  7:37 PM

I have a friend that has that same problem with his ipad, its not just you.  I said use the laptop sitting next to you, works all the time.

That's a Good suggestion, BUT mines covered with spiders webs, and would be my luck, one is inside the laptop, just waiting to crawl on me,,,making me hurt myself getting away and trying to kill it at the same time,,,I'm crippled, except around spiders where I do athletic feats that would make one wonder how I could be such a fine unknown  contortionist.. :censored:  :beatup:  :uzi: ,,, I would/will be one of the news stories of burning ones house down to kill a spider,,,
I swear officer the spider was five feet tall,,, in actuality it would be the size of rice grain,,,yep, I dislike them that much, so not touching my laptop, when the wife gets back,,, oh dear would you mail these for me...much better option! :shy:  :cry:  :cry:

s+j

iPads have very limited capabilities from my experience. If I understand correctly, each piece of software has to be recoded for iOs and there always seem to be features left out. Either way, I've just printed a USPS label on my PC with no problems. Just make sure you're logged in when you do it. If you sold stuff on eBay recently you can also use their site to print up to 4 additional labels per transaction -- just change the delivery address and uncheck the box for notifying the buyer.

Cfickter

Quotes+j - 8/3/2014  8:23 PM  iPads have very limited capabilities from my experience. If I understand correctly, each piece of software has to be recoded for iOs and there always seem to be features left out. Either way, I've just printed a USPS label on my PC with no problems. Just make sure you're logged in when you do it. If you sold stuff on eBay recently you can also use their site to print up to 4 additional labels per transaction -- just change the delivery address and uncheck the box for notifying the buyer.

Sorry but that is just BS, I can print from my iPad and have done labels using both the AirPrint and saving to a PDF.

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

Vroomp sent some explosives my way today also.
Thanks Brother much appreciated

Torano Loyal BFC
Fonseca Arano
Gurkha Soec Ops
Puros Indios
Santiago Toro  

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kman

Not sure this was a real bombing thread Lonesome Kent, but that's a nice hit!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

bmac7754

QuoteKman - 8/6/2014  8:07 PM  Not sure this was a real bombing thread Lonesome Kent, but that's a nice hit!!

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

05Venturer

QuoteKman - 8/6/2014  7:07 PM

Not sure this was a real bombing thread Lonesome Kent, but that's a nice hit!!

my bad I was in a rush. I have it in the correct thread now   :shootme:  :shootme:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

benchjockey

Regardless of the thread, it's a nice hit!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.