Fantasy Football!!! The OTHER GUYS Two teams needed (pick a number)

Started by johncw, 07/25/2014 07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

Rules: The entry fee will be 5 cigars worth $25-50. All entry fees will be sent to the winner at the end of the season. The winner will send a consolation 5er to 2nd place. No 3rd place prize. (That's wagering 5 sticks to win 55ish: Low risk, High reward)

If possible we would like to do an online draft/herf but that might be really hard to get 12 people together at the same time so it will probably be auto-draft

1)Johncw (confirmed)
2)Nirab    (confirmed)  Defending Champion
3)Jharrisx5 (confirmed)
4)Stogiedad (confirmed)
5)Kman       (confirmed)
6)kxthor911 (confirmed)
7)sjn1117 (confirmed)
8)Longhorn(confirmed)
9)Chief791 (confirmed)
10)cibolodave(confirmed)
11) OPEN SPOT
12) OPEN SPOT

For those in the league last year please confirm that you are willing to play by EOD 8/3 or I will start giving the spots away.
Any new guys that want to get in for the 2 spots please reply here. If we have more players than spots we'll do a little contest to see who gets in.

nirab

Stephen just confirmed with me that he is in. Also, the person with the worst record wins the Toilet Bowl, in which all other players send a few cigars that may or may not be worthy of even yard gar status. Of course, you can send one good one to wash that dog rocket taste out of losers mouth!  :shy:  :biggrin:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Kman

Quotenirab - 7/25/2014  11:38 AM  Stephen just confirmed with me that he is in. Also, the person with the worst record wins the Toilet Bowl, in which all other players send a few cigars that may or may not be worthy of even yard gar status. Of course, you can send one good one to wash that dog rocket taste out of losers mouth!  :shy:  :biggrin:  :lmao:

I know Brad (Longhorn) is away on vacation, so you might want to hold his spot until he's able to respond.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nirab

1)Johncw (confirmed)
 2)Nirab (confirmed) Defending Champion
 3)Jharrisx5 (confirmed)
 4)Stogiedad (confirmed)
 5)Kman (confirmed)
 6)kxthor911 (confirmed)
 7)sjn1117  (confirmed)
 8)Longhorn (pending...on vacation)
 9)Chief791
 10)cibolodave
 11) OPEN SPOT
 12) OPEN SPOT

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Caveman Steve

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

kxthor911

John, how big is the window of time to do a herf/live draw. Also the google herfs are limited to 10 people total. I'm open to a live draft but it has to be on a day when I'm off work. If we can't all get together which i agree will be difficult the auto will be the way to go.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

kxthor911

Also Adam said in the past thread that he wanted to play as well. I'm sending him a pm now seeing if he is still interested. Thanks for running this john.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

kxthor911

Sorry, forgot to add. I do not have internet at work. That is why I have to be off.

johncw

You don't have to be on a google herf to draft... I just thought that if we can get a time to online draft a google/herf during would be awesome. Obviously that is a big IF. I expect an auto draft but i'm keeping it open.

StogieDad

I can be flexible, even if i can't make the herf, I can probably draft.  But either works in the end.

But it would be cool to have 8-12 of us herfing and drafting.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kman

[QUOTE]StogieDad - 7/25/2014  3:32 PM  I can be flexible, even if i can't make the herf, I can probably draft.  But either works in the end.  But it would be cool to have 8-12 of us herfing and drafting.[/QUOTE]

I agree, that would be cool.... next to impossible.... but cool.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

chief791

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

DonM

I would be game if there is still an open slot. Been a few years since I did one

"The Curmudgeon"

johncw

1)Johncw (confirmed)
3)Jharrisx5 (confirmed)
4)Stogiedad (confirmed)
5)Kman (confirmed)
6)kxthor911 (confirmed)
7)sjn1117  (confirmed)
8)Longhorn (confirmed)
9)Chief791  (confirmed)
10)cibolodave (waiting on confirmation)
11) OPEN SPOT
12) OPEN SPOT

Interested in Joining (if more than 2 we'll do a little guess the number contest so everyone has an equal chance of joining)
DonM
Caveman Steve
BewareDePenguin

Chip Lemaster

Heck fellers,, I would be a good one to have,, no, don't add me to the list,  I have no clue how YK even get started, but look forward to seeing the updates of this,,,not a big fan of pro football, but, I do like me some college football,,,Go Eer's,, WVU!!!

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

1sgjeffward

I'm ready to play again this year! Sorry it took so long to confirm just LMK if I'm back in again or if you filled the spots with new guys.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

johncw

Quote1sgjeffward - 7/27/2014  4:24 PM

I'm ready to play again this year! Sorry it took so long to confirm just LMK if I'm back in again or if you filled the spots with new guys.

Jeff it's possible you were in the other league that was started up as I don't see a team from last year... if interested i'll add you to the want to play and we'll do a drawing as we have 2 spots available

1)Johncw (confirmed)
 3)Jharrisx5 (confirmed)
 4)Stogiedad (confirmed)
 5)Kman (confirmed)
 6)kxthor911 (confirmed)
 7)sjn1117  (confirmed)
 8)Longhorn (confirmed)
 9)Chief791 (confirmed)
 10)cibolodave (confirmed)
 11) OPEN SPOT
 12) OPEN SPOT

Ok we have 2 open slot and 4 people interested we'll do a drawing later this week.

Interested in Joining
DonM
Caveman Steve
BewareDePenguin
Jeffward

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

johncw

Lets go ahead and try and close up the group... to those that were interested please pick a number between 1 and 100... I'll be asking my son to pick the winning number... Closest 2 geeks are in for the final two spots.

1)Johncw (confirmed)
 3)Jharrisx5 (confirmed)
 4)Stogiedad (confirmed)
 5)Kman (confirmed)
 6)kxthor911 (confirmed)
 7)sjn1117  (confirmed)
 8)Longhorn (confirmed)
 9)Chief791 (confirmed)
 10)cibolodave (confirmed)
 11) OPEN SPOT
 12) OPEN SPOT

Interested in Joining
DonM
Caveman Steve
BewareDePenguin
Jeffward

chief791

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

johncw

QuoteDonM - 7/31/2014  5:07 PM

69 :biggrin:

LOL if my son who is six says 69 I'm going to really have to sit down and have the talk with him.

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.