Keyboard issues

Started by Rammstein142, 07/25/2014 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rammstein142

Hey there, may just be my phone using the LG G2, but whenever you go to enter the date you purchased a cigar for your VH it brings up a numeral keyboard vs the normal keyboard. The issue with this is there is no / on the numeral keyboard and I am never able to enter a date as it request it be entered mm/dd/yyyy, unless I exit and go to my notebook, then type the date out and copy and paste. I attempted to change the keyboard but still brings up the numbers only keyboard.

Anyways not a huge issue just thought I would post my issue just to see if perhaps its not just me! Other than that the app is awesome and probably the most used lately on my phone!

Cheers!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

dddddmorgan

Sr. Pablo is the all wise/knowing on these technical issues. (Notice my deleterious use of the '/')

Seriously, pm him, he has all the answers. Safer that way, in open forum you never know if a stripper midget might just tell you what to do with your 'slash'!
Molon Labe!

Cigary

I'm not that sophisticated with newer tech phones...I only buy every 2 years and I'm due for my free phone in Dec.    Samsung 5 edition ....I'm so excited to learn another system to frustrate the ever lovin bejeebus out of me.

Ted

That's probably a LG keyboard issue. Try a third party keyboard. I use Thumb Keyboard personally, but I just tested the default HTC One M8 and Samsung Tab S default keyboards. They all support additional symbols by default as well.

Also, check to see if you have a key with multiple symbols on it that can be used to access a secondary list of symbols. Mine are all different, but all have some way to access "/".

gitfiddl

I still prefer my vintage Hammond:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

toby2

Quotedddddmorgan - 7/25/2014  11:24 PM  Sr. Pablo is the all wise/knowing on these technical issues. (Notice my deleterious use of the '/')  Seriously, pm him, he has all the answers. Safer that way, in open forum you never know if a stripper midget might just tell you what to do with your 'slash'!

didn't take you long to figure this gang out  :biggrin:  

gitfiddl

Quotetoby2 - 7/26/2014  11:28 AM

Quotedddddmorgan - 7/25/2014  11:24 PM  Sr. Pablo is the all wise/knowing on these technical issues. (Notice my deleterious use of the '/')  Seriously, pm him, he has all the answers. Safer that way, in open forum you never know if a stripper midget might just tell you what to do with your 'slash'!

And I missed my cue.   :-(   Better late than never....
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

QuoteTed - 7/26/2014  11:16 AM
Also, check to see if you have a key with multiple symbols on it that can be used to access a secondary list of symbols. Mine are all different, but all have some way to access "/".

^This.  That is the only way I can use a / on my Windows phone.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

Quotegitfiddl - 7/26/2014  11:41 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 7/26/2014  11:28 AM  

And I missed my cue.   :-(   Better late than never....

I've missed her!

Cfickter

She doesn't seem to show up as much as she used to
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chip Lemaster

I see the famous pole dancer made a new appearance ,, awesome!

Rammstein142

Haha, well I can tell I'll fit in here nicely! But thanks for the info guys and the laugh! Specially the Hammond post, must say that gave me a good chuckle! Cheers!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

gitfiddl

QuoteRammstein142 - 7/26/2014  11:09 PM

Haha, well I can tell I'll fit in here nicely! But thanks for the info guys and the laugh! Specially the Hammond post, must say that gave me a good chuckle! Cheers!

Glad I could help.   :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.