Today's Smoke August 2014

Started by chief791, 08/01/2014 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief791

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

benchjockey

My Father Le Bijou 1922 toro.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cfickter

Smoked my first Cornelius & Anthony Avant Garde
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

QuoteCfickter - 8/1/2014  11:39 AM

Smoked my first Cornelius & Anthony Avant Garde

Thoughts?

I smoked one last night, and I enjoyed it.  There is a lot of dried fruit flavor going on.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

Had a Fuente Casa Cuba while meeting Tito Fuente at Tampa Sweethearts this morning.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

nirab

Rapture (by Viva Republica) Revel Maduro
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

Santiago de los Caballeros Connecticut Toro Gordo.... not too bad,,, :smoker:  for a weaker cigar it sure had a good nicotine punch!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

DonM

Smoking a DPG Series JJ belicoso. Been awhile and it's damn good!

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

Relaxing on the deck with a San Cristobal Revelation.  Very very tasty.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sauraspop

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

mpurtle01

Testing out my first 2014 liberty tonight. Brave move with the 85% humidity! but it seems to be doing ok.  Just noticed the spelling....   Hahaha..

DonM

Quotelubrix - 8/1/2014  1:30 PM

C&A Avant Garde

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

biggsy16

Black pearl,a lot better after six months in the coolidor
Never done being a Dad

The Burn Ward

An early 2000 Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto. It has lost a good deal of flavor and is slightly sweet and toasty. It is very nuanced and reminiscent of a Davidoff Thousand series with a couple of years on  it.

Cfickter

At a cigar bar with friends, Quesada Octoberfest and Monte Media Noche
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

RDF

Had a RP Decade earlier at the local Cigar Lounge.  Now on the deck having a Drew Estate Liga Privada Unico Serie Papas Fritas.

The DE wins by a mile. Small, but awesome smoke.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

05Venturer

Don Pepin Garcia (My Father Cigars) Vegas Cubanas Invictos
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ROTHNH

Smoking a Padilla Series 68 6X60 tonight -- has to be at least 5 years old -- and a really good cigar.  Dunno if Ernie still makes these (probably not --I have not kept up with it) -- but I can say U am happy I still have a dozen or so of these :-)

Brlesq

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work Of Art Maduro
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Smoker99

A Tatuaje Reserva J21 this evening.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming--Wow--What a ride!

The Burn Ward

Fuente WOAM now a LP9 robusto on the herf.

Longhorn

BlackIrish

Oliva Classic O OlĂ© Bold maduro.   Beautiful build.  Almost 10 years old but still showing quite a bit of flavor and power.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.