1911 Spillman Dr.
Dept #26
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Tel: 800-494-9144

Presence @ Geeks: No
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Check the address.  It should be awfully familiar...   :shades:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Yes, it is a division of CI.  However, since it has its own website and shipping department, it is a separate retailer for our purposes.
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Quotenwb - 8/4/2014  2:33 PM

Yes, it is a division of CI.  However, since it has its own website and shipping department, it is a separate retailer for our purposes.

And that purpose is? :confused:

nwb

Quotegitfiddl - 8/4/2014  2:59 PM

This is a running thread to post your experiences with Pipes and Cigars.  We are in the process of creating threads for online retailers in our new forum "Online Retailer Perspectives".  Each retailer will have its owns thread.
Chief of Shaft

BlackIrish

Dave, you may realize that P&C is now part of CI, but many other, less knowledgeable BOTLs may not -- it's not easy to find on their website -- and so having a separate thread for P&C makes good sense, in case someone wants to find reviews about them.  If the individual also wants to look at the CI reviews, they can, because this little discussion will have informed them of the connection.

:thumbsup:
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

gitfiddl

Quotenwb - 8/4/2014  3:04 PM

This is a running thread to post your experiences with Pipes and Cigars.  We are in the process of creating threads for online retailers in our new forum "Online Retailer Perspectives".  Each retailer will have its owns thread.

Cool.  I just wasn't sure what you meant by "Presence at CG" in the various threads.  I've ordered 8 times from P&C since mid-May, roughly $300 worth of tobacco and cheaper pipes.  I've only had one issue and it was resolved quickly to my satisfaction.  I'd ordered their "3 pipes for $39.99" deal and one of the pipes was defective.  When I contacted them, they promptly refunded my money for the one pipe.

StogieDad

Ordered one time when I was trying out pipes.  Fun site to browse if you are getting into the pipe side, and a relatively affordable source.  You get the general CI experience here, click, buy, ship.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

QuoteCool.  I just wasn't sure what you meant by "Presence at CG" in the various threads.

He is doing that so we know what retailers are active geeks.  Some of the smaller guys are actually quite active geeks (DirtyLeaf, Tower, Rahul, just to name a few) and that may bear some weight in buying decisions.  I know it does for me.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

gitfiddl

QuoteBlackIrish - 8/4/2014  3:42 PM

Dave, you may realize that P&C is now part of CI, but many other, less knowledgeable BOTLs may not -- it's not easy to find on their website -- and so having a separate thread for P&C makes good sense, in case someone wants to find reviews about them.  If the individual also wants to look at the CI reviews, they can, because this little discussion will have informed them of the connection.

:thumbsup:

It may have been announced in one of the other earlier threads, but I was just curious as to the reason for the "Presence on CG" bit.  I know there are several smaller vendors that hang out here and some of them have received my business because of it.  While I appreciate their camaraderie, the latest boutique offering doesn't appeal me as much as a great deal on a cigar I know I like.  No offense meant to anyone by that by any stretch of the imagination.

nwb

Quotegitfiddl - 8/4/2014  6:18 PM
It may have been announced in one of the other earlier threads, but I was just curious as to the reason for the "Presence on CG" bit.  I know there are several smaller vendors that hang out here and some of them have received my business because of it.  While I appreciate their camaraderie, the latest boutique offering doesn't appeal me as much as a great deal on a cigar I know I like.  No offense meant to anyone by that by any stretch of the imagination.

As Mike stated above, the "Presence @ Geeks" is simply a reference to a member of Geeks that works at the shop.  For instance, when I create the CigarPlace thread, I'll link in Jessica's information.  It may appeal to some buyers to know that they are buying from a fellow member of the site, and it can be useful to PM that member if you have a specific question or request.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.