Finally had a T52...

Started by SenorPablo, 08/06/2014 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

So many of you are aware that i'm a big LP9 fan.  I finally had a chance to smoke a T52.  I kept hearing how hard they are to find (and they aren't as readily available as the LP9) and that they were supposedly such a great cigar.  But I have to say - I like the LP9 better.  

The T52 is not a bad cigar by any stretch but the hype seemed to make me think they were much better.  They were close to the LP9 but had a little less leathery taste and a little more spice to me.

Anyway I guess it is a matter of opinion but what say you?  If you've had both, which do you like better?

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

DonM

I smoked both some time ago and liked the LP#9 a little more. I had one on deck until it went out to the Curmudgeons

"The Curmudgeon"

toby2

cool. I'm on the T52 side. the Corona Viva is darn good and available...

cavenbk

I have smoked both, and enjoy both, but haven't had the T52 in a while to able to say which I like better. I might have to pick one up and re-visit it :?:
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Kman

I've had both, but I agree with you. I prefer the #9 as well. The Belicoso is the best vitola for me.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

mpurtle01

Me too.  Probably why the #9s are so much more available.

nwb

I'm with you, Paul.  I much prefer the #9 to the T52.
Chief of Shaft

Mautrak

I'm with you, Paul, as well.  I've had a T52 or two and they were good cigars, but I always return to the #9.

Kevin48438

I prefer the #9 myself, but I do like both.  I also like them fresh rather than aged.   I have found that the T52 becomes quite a bit milder and sweeter pretty quickly.   Like a honey sweetness.
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

nwb

QuoteKevin48438 - 8/7/2014  10:49 AM
I also like them fresh rather than aged.

Just the opposite, here.  I know most folks like them young, but the #9 I've been smoking from 2010 are awesome.
Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

Big #9 Fan here! Enjoy the 52"s as well but not as much as the 9"s :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Jackal

Not a fan of the #9, but really enjoyed the T-52.  So, if anyone wants to send me their unused T-52s, I will be happy to smoke them.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nirab

I enjoy them both, but to be honest, I don't think they are all that and a bag of chips. They are a solid smoke, but for the price, in my opinion you can get cigars that are just as good or better (to me), and save some serious coin in the process.

With that being said, I do enjoy the heck out of em, and I prefer the toro T52 to the #9, and the other way around for the robustos.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

I liked the T-52 but, bought a box of #9's..... :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Bogglor

I'm a T52 man on this argument, but I tell you what.  If you really want the best of both worlds, find yourself some UF-13s.  To me, that cigar splits the difference between the tastes of both the #9 and T52 and it's a knockout.  Hard to source, but well worth it.

1029henry

I haven't had a T-52 for a long time, so my memory is a bit foggy about the experience. I still have 2 T-52 Flying Pigs I bought around 4 years ago from Smoke Inn, all that remains of a 4-pack. I remember that I enjoyed the cigar, but not specifically why. I'm hesitant to smoke the last 2, since they are all but impossible to find these days. Perhaps when Doomsday rolls around I'll light 'em up.  :biggrin:
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

nwb

Quote1029henry - 8/7/2014  2:01 PM

I haven't had a T-52 for a long time, so my memory is a bit foggy about the experience. I still have 2 T-52 Flying Pigs I bought around 4 years ago from Smoke Inn, all that remains of a 4-pack. I remember that I enjoyed the cigar, but not specifically why. I'm hesitant to smoke the last 2, since they are all but impossible to find these days. Perhaps when Doomsday rolls around I'll light 'em up.  :biggrin:

Cigars are made for smokin'.  Light one up!
Chief of Shaft

1029henry

OK, you convinced me!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

The Burn Ward

Quote1029henry - 8/7/2014  2:01 PM

Smoke 'em up! :smoker:

Cfickter

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 8/7/2014  10:56 AM  Big #9 Fan here! Enjoy the 52"s as well but not as much as the 9"s :smoker:

X2. With Don and the Penguin here

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

timpellis

I wasn't aware that the T52's were hard to find.  My local store had several boxes of both 52's and 9's.  If anyone wants me to check it out let me know.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.