what is a cigar bomb?

Started by Chadboskie, 08/06/2014 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chadboskie

Ive been trying to figure out how this works and what its all about, but from reading posts, I see its when people send other people cigars. Is this a group thing to get into? Or how is it decided who gets bombed and by whom? Just trying to learn more about the site. Thanks guys

mpurtle01

Pick someone, send them cigars, be prepared for retaliation.

05Venturer

Random acts of Cigar Kindness. LOL
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Quotempurtle01 - 8/6/2014  8:39 PM

Pick someone, send them cigars, be prepared for retaliation.

But the purpose is not to expect retaliation, because it is not required.  Just think of it more as a kind act that gets your credibility up in the community (they should leave you feedback on your profile) and public recognition.  Its all about karma . . . what goes around comes around.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Chadboskie

And then you get one of those sweet badges I see so many guys have on here? ok. I thought maybe that what was going on. I didn't know if it was a group or competition or something. Very nice.

kxthor911

Quote05Venturer - 8/6/2014  7:41 PM  Random acts of Cigar Kindness. LOL

X2 - The way I like to look at it is we are sorta a brotherhood here. A lot of times it will come when you least expect it. Like for me today, thanks Brad, Vroomp  :dancing:  

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

bmac7754

If you choose to bomb a person, its up to you and not required at all.  Usually newbies get picked on right away, or perhaps you notice somebody talking about cigars they would like to try and you have them to give to them.  

Just like when people bash Gurkha, well I might send a Gurkha pack to them

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Brlesq

Quotebmac7754 - 8/6/2014  9:06 PM

If you choose to bomb a person, its up to you and not required at all.  Usually newbies get picked on right away, or perhaps you notice somebody talking about cigars they would like to try and you have them to give to them.  

Remind me to keep my mouth shut!!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bmac7754

QuoteBrlesq - 8/6/2014  9:33 PM  

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

kxthor911

Quotebmac7754 - 8/6/2014  8:40 PM  

I not knowingly sent out a few Graycliff Pirates when I first started bombing. A couple of people told me they would rather not have those cigars. So later on I had to send a couple of more out. I think Brian (nirab) ended up with one  :biggrin:  

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Vroomp

<<<< Moves Bruce to the top of the Gurkha List  :biggrin:  

Quotekxthor911 - 8/6/2014  10:38 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 8/6/2014  8:40 PM  

If  you choose to bomb a person, its up to you and not required at all.   Usually newbies get picked on right away, or perhaps you notice  somebody talking about cigars they would like to try and you have them  to give to them.  

I  not knowingly sent out a few Graycliff Pirates when I first started  bombing. A couple of people told me they would rather not have those  cigars. So later on I had to send a couple of more out. I think Brian  (nirab) ended up with one  :biggrin:  

You may bomb me with all the Graycliff Crystals and Platinums you wish! I love those for breakfast!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bigjohn20081983

When I 1st heard of this I thought it was those trick cigars that blows up in the person face when smoked.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Chadboskie

I kind of thought something along that line too

Chip Lemaster

These cigar geeks,, me included do drop decent bombs ,,,, so keep a look out your mailbox my disappear under the rubble,,,

horseshoe

This sounds like a fun activity. I will have to increase my stash and try this out eventually.

Longhorn

Chad / Brent, welcome to Cigar Geeks...  Here's your "unofficial" :welcome: kit!  A primer, of sorts, on bombs, passes, PIF's, and a variety of other things that go on here in our little corner of the cigar world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Answers to frequently asked questions:

The vast number of aficionados on this forum leave the cellophane on their cigars. :smoker:

Many like a v-cut versus a straight cut, and many use kitty litter to stabilize the humidity in their humidors, but the Boveda humi-paks and Heartfelt beads are also well liked.

Xikar hygrometers (note the "g" and not a "d" in hygrometer) are frequently recommended on this forum. If you ask how to calibrate one, you'll get pointed to Google.

Lighters are all over the board with many opting for the cost effective Ronson butane jet lighters while others prefer Xikars, large table top lighters, cedar spills, matches, car lighters, blow torches, fire pits - pretty much anything that's on fire.

Any science related questions about relative humidity and temperature have been discussed ad nauseum.  But, if you feel the urge to ask, ignore what everyone posts except Jackal - he's the resident scientist. :respekt:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insights into the Cigar Geeks Community:

Any thread that starts with "NSFW" gets tons of views during working hours.  :confused:

Don't post anything about ISOM's anywhere but the ISOM thread.  Otherwise, you'll get a bunch of nonsensical responses.  Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S.  :shades:

Please resize your pictures before posting so you don't fire-up the curmudgeons on this site.  :hityou:

Speaking of size, when you print the photo template, make sure that you don't select "Fit to Page" when printing or the cigars will look like they are longer than they actually are - there's nothing worse than a picture of a Churchill that's actually a Robusto!  :hitme:  If you are not sure, check the ruler on the template against an actual ruler.

"Bombs" are not bombs, but gifts.  Some on here refer to them as "kisses".  Whatever you call them, it is not polite to broadcast you're sending them or solicit to be bombed.  :nono:  Doing the latter will subject you to a mailbox full of dog rockets and a lifetime of ridicule. :shamebag:  You are, however, encouraged to acknowledged being bombed and there's a thread for doing just that.

Hopefully, you like to see pictures of midget pole dancers - those pop up from time to time. :-0

Spammers are treated with as much disrespect as we can collectively pile on them. It can be a bummer when the admins delete the threads - it ruins all the fun! :spamcan:

If you have any questions about bugs or critters, let nwb know - he's our resident entomologist... whatever that is. :-)

Passes are generally off limits to new folks until you have a few posts under your belt or have a veteran vouch for you.  Same with selling, buying, or trading - you'll be expected to execute your end of the transaction first until you gain the confidence of some of the members.  If you plan to do any of this, best to get a PooPal account if you don't already have one.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi of the site is SeñorPablo - when he speaks, we listen.  :bow:

PIF's (Pay It Forward) are a great way to earn credibility here.  There are several threads devoted to them.  Just be sure to read the ground rules before jumping in or review the extensive threads to get an idea of what they're about or check out this article:  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=57

Google Herfs (or G-Herfs) are a great way to meet some of the other Geeks "face to face."  You have to have a Google account and should be familiar with how to use Google Hangouts before you join one.  More information can be found here: https://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts

If disagreements occur, the Gurus usually come through with sage advice - heed their warnings as they carry a lot of power (well, we let them think that anyway :whistle:).

Please consider joining CRA if you are not already a member - it gets you a cool badge that shows up under your name on posts. :thumbsup:  Another easy way to earn a badge is to support the "Cigars for Troops" event that usually occurs in the early Fall.  :usa:

Finally, welcome to our community - in the end, it's about the enjoyment of cigars and pipes, developing friendships with others who share common interests and passions, and enhancing your knowledge of our hobby!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:goodluck:

05Venturer

Brad just summed it up PERFECTO!!!
 :bow:

:welcome:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

horseshoe

Thanks Longhorn. I appreciate the info. I hope I don't post too many stupid things. Still learning as much as possible.

Longhorn

Quotehorseshoe - 10/7/2014  5:00 PM

Thanks Longhorn. I appreciate the info. I hope I don't post too many stupid things. Still learning as much as possible.

Trust me, you'll know when you post too many stupid things... :biggrin:

Vroomp

Oh Yeah.........

:biggrin:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

johncw

QuoteBrlesq - 8/6/2014  8:33 PM

Yea or those other cigarillos out there which will not be named by me.

jdwaynes1980

QuoteBrlesq - 8/6/2014  8:45 PM

But the purpose is not to expect retaliation, because it is not required...

Does Nick know this?

:lmao:
Roll Tide!

kxthor911

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 10/7/2014  4:53 PM  
QuoteBrlesq - 8/6/2014  8:45 PM  But the purpose is not to expect retaliation, because it is not required...
Does Nick know this?    :lmao:

Ouch bro, that one stung :(. 

Cigary

Just had a good brother bomb me for just making a comment in a thread....some just love blowing up mailboxes like pyros love starting fires.  It's all about the Brotherhood.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.