Blind Trade with Blackirish

Started by podman28, 07/09/2009 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

Eddie was looking for a couple of Rocky Winters that I happen to have. It didn't make sense to me to just send 2 cigars so I suggested a blind trade for the rest. This is my end. It is a very nice selection of cigars and some that I have not the opportunity to sample. Thanks again Eddie it was a lot of fun. I look forward to test driving these. :dancing:  :biggrin:

BlackIrish

Tim's a better trading partner than I am; I should have posted a pic of the smokes that he sent to me.  They've now been unpacked and tucked in their humidors, but they included (I'm working from memory here, so please forgive any errors):

2 RP Winter coronas
LFD Limitada III
LFD Limitada IV
Coronado lancero
LFD Double Ligero Chisel
Master Blends III robusto

Apart from the Chisel, these are all new to me, and I'm looking forward to smoking them.

Here's the lineup of the cigars I sent to Tim:

La Aurora 1495 Cameroon corona -- a special limited edition, no longer available, and much yummier than the regular 1495.  I believe I've reviewed it.

Camacho Negro -- 'nuff said

Don Melo Centenario -- a boutique smoke from the boom, offered only in B&Ms, and no longer available.  I like them a lot, and I think I've reviewed it.

HdM Marque Figurado -- that one has about 10 yrs of aging on it and has some complex and delicate flavors.  I've reviewed that one enthusiastically.

'00 Rafael Gonzalez corona extra

Pinar del Rio Oscuro robusto -- the darker and stronger older brother of the HSG that MountedShriner generously contributed to our geek critique

Tat Havana VI Especiale

JdN Antano lancero

Cubao #4 (or it could be the #6 -- can't recall)

La Aurora Escogidos -- the robusto that they hand out to visitors at the La Aurora factory.

I hope you enjoy at least a few of these.  Thanks for the trade!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Jackal

You guys have so much cooler stuff than I do  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nukbucko

QuoteJackal - 7/9/2009  11:14 PM

Thats an understatement... Well let me win the lotto and we will see who has better stuff :lmao:  But really nice smokes enjoy them
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

podman28

QuoteBlackIrish - 7/9/2009  10:54 PM

Tim's a better trading partner than I am; I should have posted a pic of the smokes that he sent to me.  They've now been unpacked and tucked in their humidors, but they included (I'm working from memory here, so please forgive any errors):

2 RP Winter coronas
LFD Limitada III
LFD Limitada IV
Coronado lancero
LFD Double Ligero Chisel
Master Blends III robusto

Apart from the Chisel, these are all new to me, and I'm looking forward to smoking them.

Here's the lineup of the cigars I sent to Tim:

La Aurora 1495 Cameroon corona -- a special limited edition, no longer available, and much yummier than the regular 1495.  I believe I've reviewed it.

Camacho Negro -- 'nuff said

Don Melo Centenario -- a boutique smoke from the boom, offered only in B&Ms, and no longer available.  I like them a lot, and I think I've reviewed it.

HdM Marque Figurado -- that one has about 10 yrs of aging on it and has some complex and delicate flavors.  I've reviewed that one enthusiastically.

'00 Rafael Gonzalez corona extra

Pinar del Rio Oscuro robusto -- the darker and stronger older brother of the HSG that MountedShriner generously contributed to our geek critique

Tat Havana VI Especiale

JdN Antano lancero

Cubao #4 (or it could be the #6 -- can't recall)

La Aurora Escogidos -- the robusto that they hand out to visitors at the La Aurora factory.

I hope you enjoy at least a few of these.  Thanks for the trade!

I think the last one was either an L-300 or L-400 La Flor Oscuro Cabinet. A very tasty cigar as well. :biggrin:

BlackIrish

Quotenukbucko - 7/10/2009  12:33 AM

Thats an understatement... Well let me win the lotto and we will see who has better stuff :lmao:  But really nice smokes enjoy them

Hang around long enough and you can find some good deals on great cigars.  Sometimes they pop up on one-day deals (that's how I got the La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994), sometimes a lowball bid on CBid or CigarAuctioneer will pay off (I've got a bunch of Tats that way).   Next thing you know you have two coolers filled to bursting.   :shades:
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

ljlemer

QuoteBlackIrish - 7/10/2009  12:47 AM
 Next thing you know you have two coolers filled to bursting.   :shades:

I recall having that hardship a while ago. Not lately, though. :cry:  :banghead:
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

junglepete

Quoteljlemer - 7/10/2009  3:46 AM

I recall having that hardship a while ago. Not lately, though. :cry:  :banghead:

Come on Larry, I've seen your coolidor...its huge and brimming, even after we cleaned it out and removed all the smashed up ones. :-0  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Samhain2000

Quoteljlemer - 7/10/2009  2:46 AM

Life is hard like that. I have cooled off ob buying cigars for the moment or I will wing up packing coolers to the brim.
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

cmmayo

I agree. It's posts like these that make me reluctant to even offer a trade to anyone.

Everything in my collection is probably on the Quickies page of CigarBid this very second... or will be before the end of the week.
Anything that isn't probably came from my friend (the one with Nick Perdomo's authograph on a box of smokes) and I only have one.

:-(

I can't bitch too much, though. I have bought hundreds of cigars so far with no protest from my girlfriend. She said, "I want you to quit smoking cigarettes, I don't care what it costs." I think she was talking about the patch or nicotine gum, BUT I AIN'T STUPID! I SAW THE OPPORTUNITY AND TOOK IT!

:cheer:  :cheer:  :victory:  :cheer:  :cheer:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Jackal

Quotecmmayo - 8/9/2009  12:58 PM

I agree. It's posts like these that make me reluctant to even offer a trade to anyone.

Everything in my collection is probably on the Quickies page of CigarBid this very second... or will be before the end of the week.
Anything that isn't probably came from my friend (the one with Nick Perdomo's authograph on a box of smokes) and I only have one.

:-(

I can't bitch too much, though. I have bought hundreds of cigars so far with no protest from my girlfriend. She said, "I want you to quit smoking cigarettes, I don't care what it costs." I think she was talking about the patch or nicotine gum, BUT I AIN'T STUPID! I SAW THE OPPORTUNITY AND TOOK IT!

:cheer:  :cheer:  :victory:  :cheer:  :cheer:

I wouldn't sweat it.  Your collection may have average sticks right now, but there are a lot of others who are in the same boat.  Maybe those of us in the second or third tier aren't yet ready to trade with the big boys, but we can still trade with each other.

As time goes on, we all will pick up some premium or unusual sticks here or there.  Given some time, we my find ourselves trading with the guys who have the really great collections.  

Buy the way, most of the people here are very generous with their trades, so if you do happen to get something that they would like, you will often find yourself getting some great stuff in return.

So my advice is hang in there and patience will reward you

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Hound10

Amen!

Where I'm at - we just had a guy open up a small cigar shop here in town (pop. 8,000) but he knows VERY little about them - not that I'm some great expert by any means. But I have gone in and befriended the local guy and asked a few questions of some standard brands and was met with "Ummmmmm, who's Rocky Patel?"

Ah yes. So I leave the shop feeling like i just got an ego boost....then i go on CG and it's like BAM!

Info,info,info, new brands, knowledge of these brands - COLLECTIONS with these brands and it's amazing to just be able to access that information.

Makes you feel humble,jealous,young,jealous and oh yeah, jealous! However, great to be a fly on the wall - one day us "low-mid range" guys will be up there with the rest of you and when a newbie comes on and posts a message just like this we can look back and laugh at ourselves while we give the newbie the encouragement that we always receive from you guys around here........one day.

"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.