November Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 08/15/2014 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique is being sponsored by lubrix (Paul).

The Cigar:  Crowned Heads The Angels Anvil

The Reviewers:

1. redjj (John)
2. brlesq (Bruce)
3. Jackal (Jason)
4. sjn1117 (Stephen)
5. junglepete (Pete)

Reviewers will discuss which cigar they would like to smoke for the Geek Critique. Majority rules.

Due Date: October 25, 2014.

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule, and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

A big thanks goes out to Paul for taking this one on and providing some great extras. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker2:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

DonM

Now that is a lineup! :bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lubrix

Remember reviewers that you will have to decide on this thread on which stick to critique.It has to be the same stick for all reviewers.Democracy rules and have fun!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cfickter

Tough call. No losers there no matter what they pick
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

What a motley crew!  :meansmoke:

Thanks for including me, Paul.  My vote is for the Crowned Heads The Angels Anvil since it is the newest cigar of the three.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

junglepete

Thanks for the invite Paul! Awesome set of cigars. I'll throw my vote on the Ashton but I am prepared to shift it if a tiebreaker of any sort is needed.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Jackal

My vote is also for the Angel's Anvil.  

I had the Davidoff Nic at Big Smoke last year, and wasn't overly impressed.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

One thing is for sure - all of those cigars are nice ones!  Looking forward to the reviews!
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

How does one decide from that lot....coin flip!

lubrix

QuoteCigary - 8/15/2014  3:43 PM

All 5 reviewers get the set...so I guess which one calls to them the most.I just wanted to leave it up to the reviewers.
----

Brlesq

Quotelubrix - 8/15/2014  4:50 PM

All 5 reviewers get the set...so I guess which one calls to them the most.I just wanted to leave it up to the reviewers.

:-0

:dancing:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Shukpaw

Quotelubrix - 8/15/2014  11:50 AM

:-0   I'm betting they will all be tasty.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Cigary

All of them???   Somebody is living right.  If anybody thinks that one of these cigars aren't worth a plugged nickel I have 15 minutes of unused therapy time.

lubrix

Some of the reviewers got theirs already,Bruce and Stephen I will get yours out soon.
----

junglepete

Okay, that's three votes in, two for the Anvil and one for the Ashton....What's it gonna be, what's is gonna be :?:  :?: The anticipation is killing me...it's worse than the whole chad affair in Florida some years back  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

lubrix

----

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

redjj

Thanks for including me. My vote is for The Angels Anvi, but I must admit I would be happy with any of the three. With a list like that you can't lose.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."  Albert Einstein

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

lubrix

----

sjn1117

I got mine yesterday and I'm voting for the Crowned Heads. Thanks Paul!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

lubrix

Looks like the Crowned Heads AA takes it,if everyone is sure then that will be it.Have fun and enjoy!.
----

redjj

The sticks have landed. They look great. Thanks again
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."  Albert Einstein

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.