October Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 08/16/2014 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique is being sponsored by Rbrushaber (Roger).

The Cigar: Flatbed Cigar Company Panacea Red 560 (5.0 x 60)

The Hype: PANACEA Red was released in April of 2009, eighteen months after the launch of our first cigar. Our Red label cigars are stronger than our Black label blends.  This Red label is our Habano.  A Brazilian Maduro wrapper with a Dominican Habano binder. The interior is Seco Cubano, Ligero Piloto Cubano, Ligero Olor Dominicano, and Ligero Nicaragua.  The blend gives you a stronger PANACEA cigar, but maintains the smooth balance we are known for.  No bite, no harshness.  A full body, medium-strong in the strength department.  Mellow enough to enjoy mid-day, but can stand up to a steak dinner too.

The Reviewers:

1. johncw (John)
2. biggsy16 (Rich)
3. Vroomp (Brad)
4. Cigary (Gary)
5. bmac7754 (Brian)

Due Date: September 24, 2014.

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule, and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

If you accept the invite, please be sure to stay in touch via this thread to let us know that you have received the cigar.

A big thanks goes out to Roger for sponsoring this Geek Critique. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Its going to be interesting to see how this one compares to the Geek Critique we did in July 2011 on the 760 size of the same blend.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cigary

Ahhhh....looks like a cigar I haven't met yet.  Punch my ticket on this one as this sounds like a cigar I need to try.

junglepete

QuoteCigary - 8/16/2014  9:43 PM

Ahhhh....looks like a cigar I haven't met yet.  Punch my ticket on this one as this sounds like a cigar I need to try.

You're in Gary
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

QuoteBrlesq - 8/16/2014  9:17 PM

Its going to be interesting to see how this one compares to the Geek Critique we did in July 2011 on the 760 size of the same blend.

Roger says he had them both and they are quite different...we'll see I guess.
Guru of Frugality

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

junglepete

Quotebmac7754 - 8/16/2014  11:17 PM

Just did a July & August, but ready to do another if needed.

You're in Brian
Guru of Frugality

johncw

Vroomp

Thank you sir! Looking forward to this review! :smoker:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Cigary

Thanks Roger for providing yet another cigar to be reviewed on this Forum.  Not just because we get to review cigars on here but this Forum is the best when it comes to giving pure and simple.  The Database is second to none and being able to manage it at times must be hard and when I start out looking for cigar info this is the first place I come to.  Everybody is always respectful and being a member here is a privilege...just wanted to throw that out there for those Admins who work tirelessly and for those members who assist them.

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

Vroomp

QuoteCigary - 8/17/2014  10:55 AM  Thanks Roger for providing yet another cigar to be reviewed on this Forum.  Not just because we get to review cigars on here but this Forum is the best when it comes to giving pure and simple.  The Database is second to none and being able to manage it at times must be hard and when I start out looking for cigar info this is the first place I come to.  Everybody is always respectful and being a member here is a privilege...just wanted to throw that out there for those Admins who work tirelessly and for those members who assist them.

:word:  

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Mojo66

QuoteVroomp - 8/17/2014  12:37 PM  

QuoteCigary - 8/17/2014  10:55 AM  Thanks Roger for providing yet another cigar to be reviewed on this Forum.  Not just because we get to review cigars on here but this Forum is the best when it comes to giving pure and simple.  The Database is second to none and being able to manage it at times must be hard and when I start out looking for cigar info this is the first place I come to.  Everybody is always respectful and being a member here is a privilege...just wanted to throw that out there for those Admins who work tirelessly and for those members who assist them.

:word:  

X2, well said.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Rbrushaber

I am going to try and get them in the mail by this next weekend with the wife's help...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

nwb

That was my initial thought as well.  The 760 did really well for a cigar its size.
Chief of Shaft

Rbrushaber

QuoteCigary - 8/17/2014  10:55 AM

Thanks Roger for providing yet another cigar to be reviewed on this Forum.  Not just because we get to review cigars on here but this Forum is the best when it comes to giving pure and simple.  The Database is second to none and being able to manage it at times must be hard and when I start out looking for cigar info this is the first place I come to.  Everybody is always respectful and being a member here is a privilege...just wanted to throw that out there for those Admins who work tirelessly and for those members who assist them.
your welcome

All the boxes were sent out thos morning by the wife...all excelt for a Canadian fried as the post offoce has to order customs forms....said they should have on monday....guess I was the forst from my rural area to ship to Canada :)
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

Rbrushaber

Quotenwb - 8/18/2014  7:57 AM

That was my initial thought as well.  The 760 did really well for a cigar its size.

the 760 was really good...but honestly this one is even better IMHO and I have both in my coolierdor

Vroomp

The cigar (with a couple buddies) was delivered today! Thanks Roger, I will post a pic later when I can dig the camera out from under the plastic the painter has everywhere..... :-(

bmac7754

Got my cigar with a couple hitchhikers today.  Looks good, can't wait to give it a try.

What is the skinny cigar, I don't recognize that one?

johncw

Quotebmac7754 - 8/25/2014  5:13 PM

Got my cigar with a couple hitchhikers today.  Looks good, can't wait to give it a try.

What is the skinny cigar, I don't recognize that one?

I got mine today as well... Thank you Roger for the hitchhikers as well!!! I can't wait to review the Panacea.

Cigary

Glad a photo was put up so I can be lazy and sit back and do some recon on this cigar.  Thanks for the two tagalongs as they will get the proper attention as well as I've put them all in a private humidor to sit and soak up some good 65% humidity for the next week or so.  Can't say I've had the pleasure of this brand but from what I see and know of it I'm already predisposed to liking it...it has  a Brazilian Maduro Wrapper which I've been a fan of for the last few years ever since I tried my first Brazilian Wrapped Cigar...Capoeira from Jesus Fuego.  Ever since that cigar I've been a fiend for trying others...can 't wait.

bmac7754

Just finished smoking this cigar and now time to get my notes into the database.  It comes up on every critique where to post your review, so here it is.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/reviews/staffreviews.asp

biggsy16

Got mine today Rodger,thanks for the extra stciks
Never done being a Dad

Cigary

Just finished my review on this cigar....gotta tell ya w/o giving away too much that this branding has opened my eyes and taste buds to something that I would probably have not chosen or picked up and this is one reason why I love this Forum...it gives me a chance to try new things and get as much exposure to cigars as a hobby as anyplace I've ever been a part of.  Special thanks to those who give us as members opportunities to try new cigars and open our eyes to product we may not ever had the chance to try.  I have so many cigars already that trying new ones tends not to excite me...this one opened my eyes a bit more.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.