Site Slow or Unresponsive?

Started by nwb, 08/25/2014 12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Anyone else getting errors lately?  I got an ASP error last night and this morning. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

The Burn Ward

Quotenwb - 8/25/2014  3:08 PM

Anyone else getting errors lately?  I got an ASP error last night and this morning. :confused:

No problems here.

StogieDad

I got a couple, but as soon as I hit refresh it came back up.  About two weeks ago seemed to be happening more often to me.  But same thing, popped right back up when refreshed.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

kxthor911

It took awhile for the site to load the first time I got on today. Since then all has been well though.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Mautrak

No problems for me in the last few weeks.

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 8/25/2014  3:08 PM

x2.  Comes and goes.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Joelala

Joe

Cfickter

No errors, seems a little slow but tough to say if it is the site or my connection
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

A bit slower this afternoon.  No errors, though.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nwb

It seems to happen once or twice every couple of hours, and only for a few minutes, so it might be easy to miss.
Chief of Shaft

toby2

lags a bunch. sometimes it doesn't load and times out. sometimes only half a page or missing areas.

Mojo66

Lag, slow loading and the same as you guys, intermittent problem really. Nothing that would refrain my desire to be here though, I'd connect even if on a 14k modem :biggrin:

I'm on a very high speed fiber optics connection so that cannot be the problem, other sites and downloads are at full speed.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

For me it comes and goes.  I notice the ads on the bottom say cookie error when it hangs.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ted

Same intermittent speed issues here. No errors messages though. The page either loads, loads slowly, or just hangs.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

johncw

Seems to be going good for me right now... I had some slow issues over the past week or so.

nwb

Started off the day pretty slow, but now it seems to be moving.
Chief of Shaft

bstessl

Ive been up in the sticks of Michigan the past couple of days without service, so I didn't notice anything.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Voexum

The site's been acting real funny for me too; specifically unusually long loading times. Any other pages seem fast & fine, but CG's "...I dunno man".

Plus in my quick experiment (although with significantly less traffic) winezealots.com site doesn't hang at all.

:confused:
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

nwb

It has been off and on today, too.  There was one point where I thought I was on dial-up....
Chief of Shaft

timpellis

Spotty errors recently, overall slowness.  Also having some issues with refreshing, when going back I get an old front page from a few days ago.  Most likely a cookie problem or something, but this is the only site I am having this problem with so I figured I would mention it.

sauraspop

Quotenwb - 8/29/2014  3:59 PM  It has been off and on today, too.  There was one point where I thought I was on dial-up....

Me too, in fact I think I still am on dial up!

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

toby2

still sh!tty when it loads. times out a bunch

05Venturer

Pretty crappy for a couple days here also :angry:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Camshaft83

It was timing out a lot earlier this afternoon but seems to be running fine now.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.