Media Noche Cigars

Started by bmac7754, 08/30/2014 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Media Noche Cigars

Monecristo Media Noche

bmac7754

I have been eyeballing these Media Noche cigars.  Just wondering if anybody has tried these and what you would recommend.  I am leaning towards the R&J right now because I like cigars with the San Andres wrapper.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Cigary

I've had the Montes and the R&J's....good cigars each and they are much better with about 6 months of rest.  I tried both within a couple of weeks and they tend to be all over the place in profile...they are much better with rest.

DonM

I smoked a Monte I got from Nathan in a sampler.  I expected nothing and was pleasantly surprised, nice cigar

"The Curmudgeon"

bmac7754

QuoteCigary - 8/30/2014  9:30 AM  I've had the Montes and the R&J's....good cigars each and they are much better with about 6 months of rest.  I tried both within a couple of weeks and they tend to be all over the place in profile...they are much better with rest.

Good to know.  My only problem is I get excited when a new cigar comes in and usually smoke one ROTT.  Then let the remaining ones rest a while.

nwb

Haven't tried any of them.  If I had to pick, I'd go with the RyJ.
Chief of Shaft

timpellis

I enjoyed the monte I had, agree on the resting aspect.

Cigary

Quotebmac7754 - 8/30/2014  9:46 AM  

QuoteCigary - 8/30/2014  9:30 AM  I've had the Montes and the R&J's....good cigars each and they are much better with about 6 months of rest.  I tried both within a couple of weeks and they tend to be all over the place in profile...they are much better with rest.

Good to know.  My only problem is I get excited when a new cigar comes in and usually smoke one ROTT.  Then let the remaining ones rest a while.

I smoked one given to me and it had a good 3 months on it so I enjoyed it enough to get a 5 pak.  Smoked it as I said soon thereafter and thought...WTH...but after resting it the last two had about 6 - 9 months of rest and were very good.  Like most of us when we read about cigars we get in a hurry to try them out and this is when using a B&M is an advantage as a lot of their stock has been rested so buy one and smoke it.

Camshaft83

I've been eying up the Monte. But I think you can't go wrong with either so I'd try both.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ntanner

I have had a Monte before and it wasn't to bad. Havn't tried the other's but when it comes to cigars variety is the spice for me so I say get some of each.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Had only the Montes and liked them. Nothing extra special but good
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cigary

Quotentanner - 8/30/2014  2:46 PM  I have had a Monte before and it wasn't to bad. Havn't tried the other's but when it comes to cigars variety is the spice for me so I say get some of each.

Love your sig line....I'm stealing that.  lol

StogieDad

The Monte No. 2 Media Noche is really good, getting better the longer they sit.  I have been eyeing a fiver of the RyJ, but the Monte has the Conn. Broadleaf,  which is a winner in my book.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

timpellis

FYI, Daily deal on the H. Upmann on CI.  10pk for 37.50
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/joecigar/

Cfickter

How about the Hoya de Monterrey Dark Sumatra Media Noche. They look tasty!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chadboskie

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why are there 3 different brands that have the same name and band look? Ive been seeing these a lot and I don't understand this. Are they made by the same factory or something?

StogieDad

They have been making the Montes for a bit, I think they were just expanding on that idea.  And yes, they are all owned by the same company.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BlackIrish

QuoteChadboskie - 9/1/2014  7:50 PM

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why are there 3 different brands that have the same name and band look? Ive been seeing these a lot and I don't understand this. Are they made by the same factory or something?

They're all made by Altadis.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

bmac7754

So I got a couple fivers of the R&J and H.Upmann Toro's to try out.  The smell awesome.

StogieDad

Review em bro.  Very curious about the RyJs.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

bmac7754

QuoteStogieDad - 9/8/2014  11:03 PM  Review em bro.  Very curious about the RyJs.

They just came in today, so going to let them get comfy in the humidor for a short time.  Because of the wrapper alone, I think I'm going to like the RyJ better.

Camshaft83

Why no Montecristos?
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Mojo66

Can't wait to read your reviews on those. I love San Andres wrappers and those look tasty.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

steakchef

I bought recently a box of H.Upmann medianoche Churchill and i must say they are fantastic for my taste.  great draw with lots of smoke and flavor...good even burn through out...never went out on me.

timpellis

Welcome Steakchef.  Stop in the new guy area and introduce yourself, then make plans for more humis, I know I had to get more when I joined up!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.