From the M*A*S*H episode"Fade Out, Fade In:" COL. POTTER: Cigar? RADAR: Will it stunt my growth? COL. POTTER: Whattya got to loose? RADAR: Is it Habit forming? COL. POTTER: Nah, I've smoked 5 cigars a day and never got the habit! RADAR: That's good to know! (After lighting cigars, Radar makes a puzzled look) COL POTTER: Nothin' like a good cigar on a clear morning! RADAR: Or Cream of Wheat. Later, Radar was found over the hill, sick from his first cigar...

Main Menu

Database erroneous behavior

Started by mlankton, 09/09/2014 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlankton

I have two virtual humidors, one for my desktop and one for my coolidor.

This issue happens with regularity, maybe 50% of the time. If I edit a coolidor cigar to transfer X qty to my desktop humidor, instead of moving the qty I selected to the other virtual humidor, it moves that qty to previous smokes.

Anyone else ever have this happen? Is there a fix? Help? I would use something else for my cigar inventory, but the other solutions out there don't fit my needs as well as the database here. thanks

StogieDad

Sorry, can't help on this one.  I gave up on seperating humis in the database, I just have 1 general humidor listing, no matter where it is physically located.

Welcome to the site though!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

I manage over 50 virtual humidors (yes, I have one for each humi bag and humidor that I have) and have not had any issues like that.  Are you managing your humi through a PC or through a mobile device?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

mlankton

both mac and ipad, does it on both, but only about 50% of the time, sometimes it works as expected

mlankton

and I use the web interface via Chrome on both platforms, so the platform shouldn't be an issue

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 9/9/2014  4:07 PM

I manage over 50 virtual humidors (yes, I have one for each humi bag and humidor that I have) and have not had any issues like that.  Are you managing your humi through a PC or through a mobile device?

50???  OK, Jason, THAT is a little too much OCD!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

sauraspop

I have multiple VH's and never have had this problem. Welcome to the site BTW.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Jackal

QuoteBrlesq - 9/9/2014  2:15 PM

QuoteJackal - 9/9/2014  4:07 PM

50???  OK, Jason, THAT is a little too much OCD!

I got tired of having to search for cigars when doing passes.  I even make pass and trade virtual humis, as well as traveling and on-order ones.  It was a major undertaking to do it, but keeping it going is easy, and it has become a serious time saver.

Mojo66

I managed many different VH before but only manage one now. I have never had that problem.

Are you certain the box for previous smoke isn't checked when moving the cigars, that could explain it.

And welcome to CG
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

mlankton

QuoteMojo66 - 9/9/2014  1:44 PM

Are you certain the box for previous smoke isn't checked when moving the cigars, that could explain it.

yeah the box is unchecked by default, and I'd catch something like that when I'm trying to move cigars around.

Mojo66

Quotemlankton - 9/9/2014  4:48 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 9/9/2014  1:44 PM  Are you certain the box for previous smoke isn't checked when moving the cigars, that could explain it.  
yeah the box is unchecked by default, and I'd catch something like that when I'm trying to move cigars around.

I tried, sorry about that. :cry:

The only other thing that comes to mind is browser interpretation / reaction. Try using another browser, do the operation many times trying to reproduce the bug. In my years in IT and Web Tech, I've seen weirder stuff happen.

Not saying Chrome isn't a good tool, just that it might be as simple as that. I've seen just about every browser out there crash or behave erratically at one time or another when reading the same code, same page. I've tested entire websites repeatedly using most if not all existing  browsers trying to make them crash and have seen things happen.

Might be worth the shot.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Jackal

Using firefox, not had a problem.  Never tried using chrome with the VH.

bmac7754

I'm with Jason with sorting. I have roughly 12 humidors and spent a good two days sorting. This makes finding a cigar for passes or one to smoke a breeze.
And no I haven't ever seen an issue when moving and I always do that with a PC and then update the phone later.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

I got a silly question. Right above the move to button are you accidentally tapping the previous smoked tab and not realizing it?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

mlankton

Quotebmac7754 - 9/9/2014  3:23 PM

I got a silly question. Right above the move to button are you accidentally tapping the previous smoked tab and not realizing it?

it's possible I suppose. If I did that by accident, would it then move my cigars without me clicking Update, because it updates when this happens, but the cigars don't go to my desktop as intended, they go to previous smokes.

bmac7754

I just tried recreating this and can't get it to do what it's doing to you. I would watch that little button and make sure you pick a humidor from the drop down menu. I know if I do it from the phone and start stretching the screen the previous button usually gets hit by mistake.

nwb

Although I don't have a lot of humidors, I've moved things around in two virtual humidors with no problems.  And I use Chrome exclusively.

That is a very weird bug.  Maybe SenorPablo can shed some light on it. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

mlankton

I am still getting this behavior, which sucks because it makes moving anything between humidors a lengthy process as I have to check to see if they went and if not re-enter them.

junglepete

I use half a dozen VH and move things around often without ever having that issue. I also use Chrome. Best to contact Senor Pablo (Paul) and see if he can see anything from his end.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Sorry I struggle to get one VH organized and logged. I have started over many times. Heck look at it now. I have over 400 cigars in three humidors and my VH looks like $&@$!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.