November Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 09/12/2014 06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Mark Just of Tower Pipes & Cigars:

http://towercigars.com/store/

Thank you for your generosity!  And thank you to Nick (kxthor911) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Chaveta Churchill

The Chosen Reviewers:

bmac7754
kxthor911
Mojo66
Otter
StogieDad

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than October 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

We need one more reviewer, preferably someone who has done 2 or less Critiques this year and who isn't doing one in October or November.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

I would be glad to review, thanks for the offer Mark!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Mojo66

I volunteer if you need me.

Have done 2 this year and sponsored one.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nwb

QuoteMojo66 - 9/12/2014  10:02 AM

I'll touch base with Mark to see if he minds shipping to the GWN.
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nwb

QuoteMojo66 - 9/12/2014  10:02 AM

You are in!
Chief of Shaft

kxthor911

Mark and I coordinated this, he is sending me the cigars. I will get them out to you guys as quick as possible once I receive them, they should be here monday or tuesday I believe. Mojo66, Mark told me he mailed yours out today directly to you.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

bmac7754

Quotekxthor911 - 9/12/2014  4:58 PM  Mark and I coordinated this, he is sending me the cigars. I will get them out to you guys as quick as possible once I receive them, they should be here monday or tuesday I believe. Mojo66, Mark told me he mailed yours out today directly to you.

Sounds good Nick.  Thanks in advance. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nwb

Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

Are these an exclusive for Tower cigars. I got a corona from nick last year and were sent from Marks shop.

Mojo66

Thanks Mark, Nick, Nathan.
I got the click 'n ship notice for Mark's shipment today
The wrapper on these cigars is stunning,  looks oily and delicious.

nwb

Quotebmac7754 - 9/12/2014  8:12 PM
Are these an exclusive for Tower cigars. I got a corona from nick last year and were sent from Marks shop.

Mark owns the brand.  I don't believe they are an exclusive to his shop, though.
Chief of Shaft

kxthor911

Hey guys, got these in the other day. Bmac, Stogiedad and Otter I will get your boxes out soon. Probably no later than monday.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

sjn1117

Those are great cigars. Looking forward to seeing the reviews.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

bmac7754

Quotekxthor911 - 9/19/2014  6:10 PM  Hey guys, got these in the other day. Bmac, Stogiedad and Otter I will get your boxes out soon. Probably no later than monday.

Cool, thanks

nwb

Quotekxthor911 - 9/19/2014  6:10 PM
Hey guys, got these in the other day. Bmac, Stogiedad and Otter I will get your boxes out soon. Probably no later than monday.

Thanks for the update, Nick. :thumbsup:
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

That was fast, got it (them) today. That will give them time to acclimate to their new (temporary) home.

Mark "Just" couldn't send the review stick alone though, he sent a big part of the line up along. I seldom get to smoke that many vitolas of the same line and I have to say I enjoy doing so, even more so when I can take my time with them and compare experiences. I'll get to do just that, thanks again to Mark.

If I'm not mistaken I got the Corona Gorda, Robusto, Toro and the Churchill for the review. Here they are

kxthor911

Jay and Brian your boxes went out today.

Me and Michael have a trade going on. I'll send his when I send his end of the trade here in a couple of days.

kxthor911

Oh forgot to add, Jay and Brian your boxes should be there thursday.

nwb

Those are some great looking cigars, mojo.  If everyone would, please confirm receipt on this thread once these land.
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

nwb

I believe everyone has the cigar.  You all have about 3 weeks to get them in.  Enjoy!
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.